AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Forum & Site Feedback (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   This forum really has strict rules. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14294)

K9Platnum685 2004-05-24 07:18

This forum really has strict rules.
 
And I am from Gamefaqs which is known for it's strict rules.

Flash_Squirrel 2004-05-24 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Platnum685
And I am from Gamefaqs which is known for it's strict rules.

And I'm from Animesuki. The difference is that I can spam and you can't.


Sorry K9Platnum685, but what is your point?

Thany 2004-05-24 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
And I'm from Animesuki. The difference is that I can spam and you can't.


Sorry K9Platnum685, but what is your point?

He wants drama! :D
But still, the rules aren't that strict, there are forums stricter that would ban for offtopic messages.
And with all the people registered out there, if there weren't good strict rules, the forum would eventually become a trash filled with semi-spam post :)
So that's why there are rules ^^ Well at least that's my guess ;)

Lefteris_D 2004-05-24 07:53

Here we go again...

Melazoma 2004-05-24 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Platnum685
And I am from Gamefaqs which is known for it's strict rules.

GameFaqs... strict rules? As far as I can remember when I posted there, as long as you don't flame and generally don't hate, you are fine.
The stricter rules set here on this board are there for a reason. We the people involving in fansubs are skating a thin legal/ethical line and frankly, I like the order here as it is. :)

xris 2004-05-24 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thany
He wants drama! :D

:)

And bear in mind that outside this forum (Feedback), K9Platnum685 has only ever posted in the Naruto (barring one post). So, due to necessity, the Naruto forum is more strict (it unfortunately has to be) due to nature of the environment.

And Lefteris_D, what is exactly your point :heh: Making that sort of comment doesn't help anyone, it's almost flame bait :)

Thany 2004-05-24 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
:)

And bear in mind that outside this forum (Feedback), K9Platnum685 has only ever posted in the Naruto (barring one post). So, due to necessity, the Naruto forum is more strict (it unfortunately has to be) due to nature of the environment.

And Lefteris_D, what is exactly your point :heh: Making that sort of comment doesn't help anyone, it's almost flame bait :)

Hooo I see...
I don't go to the Naruto forum, but I know a lot of people here are quite immature and that's why rules are stricter there :p
And this is also the forum that have the most view of all the forums (sometimes over 100 viewers!), so it doesn't help neither...

Lefteris_D 2004-05-24 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
And Lefteris_D, what is exactly your point :heh: Making that sort of comment doesn't help anyone, it's almost flame bait :)

You got exactly my point. Every time we have such a thread it always ends up in a flame war.

Perhaps my request to keep things civil might be heard this time :)

hobobaggins 2004-05-24 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Platnum685
And I am from Gamefaqs which is known for it's strict rules.

i bet gamefaqs have the same rules, the mods here just enforce them.

Secca 2004-05-24 13:06

I used to go to Gamefaqs forum, it's kinda hard to mod the forums, too many games. And I don't know how many staffs they have, it just impossible to monitor all those forums 24 hours.

And there were alot of forums there that's like Naruto, usually popular game like Final Fantasy, where you get all this useless threads, just nonsense and flaming other games or asking the same question over and over again. While the good threads got swept away really fast.

I'm actually glad the mods in animesuki is quite dedicated in getting rid of those useless threads and spams.

hobobaggins 2004-05-24 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secca
I'm actually glad the mods in animesuki is quite dedicated in getting rid of those useless threads and spams.

nah. i miss those threads [/sarcasm]

Quote:

And there were alot of forums there that's like Naruto, usually popular game like Final Fantasy, where you get all this useless threads, just nonsense and flaming other games or asking the same question over and over again. While the good threads got swept away really fast.
seconded. i cant believe how many repeat threads are posted at FFXI allakazam... and the naruto section.

huh. i guess k9 is gone for good.

Sid_Burn 2004-05-26 10:38

I can see that this forum has a comparable strictness to relicnews..., I remember banning a member for just saying that he was only 12 y/o...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash Squirrel
And I'm from Animesuki. The difference is that I can spam and you can't.

What!!! mods are permitted to spam...? or is it only a joke...

P.S. why was k9platnum685 got banned?...

_Sin_ 2004-05-26 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobobaggins
huh. i guess k9 is gone for good.

Too funny you are the one to say that ;)

As for the rules: I don't find them to strict

Mr_Paper 2004-05-26 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
P.S. why was k9platnum685 got banned?...

For ban evassion. >.>;

Personally, I like the rules here. I don't find them strict or opressive.

Dagger 2004-05-26 12:36

Oh, please. Considering the forum's size, AnimeSuki's staff manages to strike a good balance between enforcing the rules and not being total Nazis. I really don't see what you're complaining about. The boards I mod at are considerably stricter (which makes sense since they have around 8,000 members, while A-Suki has nearly 13,000). For the most part, I really enjoy posting here.

OutPhase 2004-05-26 16:10

For once, I'm afraid I have to agree with the complainer :shutter:
K9Platnum685 is right. You do at times go a little overboard, but at least you listen to the complaints then count it as pointless bitching because it is. (here comes the favoring of the staff) They don't want to hear the same complaints over and over again. They have something called a lif and they are tired of repeating themselves.

Note to K9Platnum658: You could always go to Animejump! and get flamed and f-bombed for thinking differently and see their crappy insult attempts using retarded images with poor spelling with stupid minon fanboys who think FLCL is just so cool. Would you like the message board from hell?

Then either:

1. Deal with it.

2. Follow the rules.

3. Leave the boards/Get banned.

I really do hope you choose one of the first two. (Whoops! Too late to do that now, unless you purposely chose number 3 and the banned part.))

At the rate these n00bs flame and complain about the rules, eventually you guys will have to rename this part of the boards as the "Pointless bitching section".

Flash_Squirrel 2004-05-26 16:54

I was to ask you guys (Mainly to the ones that are complaining about the rules and/or the moderator team) this:

Do you think we made the rules to piss you off?

OutPhase 2004-05-26 19:35

Nah, you're not evil and tryng to piss us off with the rules (but to be honest, it is a lttle hard to go a topic that deosn't get locked for breaking a rule.) It's okay to make an acception. Abundant rules is the death of creativity/witty comments that can be enjoyed by all, even if it is a little dirty.

_Sin_ 2004-05-26 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
Do you think we made the rules to piss you off?

Since this is a rhetorical question, what answer do you expect? Although it is quite a funny thing to imagine how you guys laugh sadistically after banning someone for no reason and give out prizes for the one who banned the most people. (Now which prize did you get, xris? And no, I don't want a prize la xris (=ban) for writing that :joke: ).

After serious thinking I come to the conclusion that the forums and rules are only here to piss us users off. It is GHDPro's masterplan after all: Setting AnimeSuki tracker up was just a pretence to set up the Forums to piss us off ;)

Note to Flash_Squirrel: Stupid questions get stupid answers :p

Edit: Wow, I actually got negative reputation for that post, pff~

Sid_Burn 2004-05-26 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
I was to ask you guys (Mainly to the ones that are complaining about the rules and/or the moderator team) this:

Do you think we made the rules to piss you off?

errr... im not here to complain nor to flame... im just here to compare... anyway... the forum rules are okay... anyway... I am still worried that members are not allowed to spam while mods can spam...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magus IX
Oh, please. Considering the forum's size, AnimeSuki's staff manages to strike a good balance between enforcing the rules and not being total Nazis. I really don't see what you're complaining about. The boards I mod at are considerably stricter (which makes sense since they have around 8,000 members, while A-Suki has nearly 13,000). For the most part, I really enjoy posting here.

You are also a mod from other forums? for how long?... me... for 2 years now...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.