AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monster (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Monster - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14768)

stanksauce 2004-06-02 03:17

Monster - Q & A
 
This thread is for those of you with questions about the Monster anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Monster which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.



Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gif icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:



hey all..im new to the monster scene and i was wondering when it airs in japan... im pretty hooked man...thanks

ElvenPath 2004-06-02 05:22

It airs every wednesday morning at 0:40pm JST (Japanese Standard Time, GMT +9).

stpehen 2004-06-02 06:21

It's actually Tuesday morning (in Japan it's labelled Monday Night 24:40)

EDIT: I appear to have been given erroneous information, the other people in the thread are right.

EDIT AGAIN
[01:27] <ChrisKern> sorry if I made it seem like it was monday night
[01:31] <flyingrobots> yeah somebody on animesuki was asking when they aired and somebody said tuesday 24:20 and i was all like "nuh uh you're WRONG it's monday 24:40" and then i was consequently proven wrong several times
[01:31] <ChrisKern> :(
[01:31] <ChrisKern> sorry

J´GLF 2004-06-03 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanksauce
hey all..im new to the monster scene and i was wondering when it airs in japan... im pretty hooked man...thanks


it's wednesday morning 12:40 am (labeled in japan tuesday 24:40) here is the tv schedule in tokyo area http://east.sakura.ne.jp/aniba/ae040529.htm

stanksauce 2004-06-07 02:58

man i need me some monster :twitch: startin to crack out hahah anybody else gettin antsy?

avmoghe 2004-06-08 00:03

soldats just released 6-9.. going to watch all four right now :)

monster 10 should be airing in a couple of days

J´GLF 2004-06-09 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by stpehen
It's actually Tuesday morning (in Japan it's labelled Monday Night 24:40)

EDIT: I appear to have been given erroneous information, the other people in the thread are right.

EDIT AGAIN
[01:27] <ChrisKern> sorry if I made it seem like it was monday night
[01:31] <flyingrobots> yeah somebody on animesuki was asking when they aired and somebody said tuesday 24:20 and i was all like "nuh uh you're WRONG it's monday 24:40" and then i was consequently proven wrong several times
[01:31] <ChrisKern> :(
[01:31] <ChrisKern> sorry


hehehe, don't feel so bad about it, anybody can make a mistake especially with those weird after midnight tv schedules

Ratix 2004-07-10 20:00

Something is bothering me... <Spoilers>
 
If I'm not wrong, Johaan and Anna are adopted by the Liebert couple? If so, everything starts to makes sense..

But then again, when Johaan and Anna disappeared from the hospital, why didn't anyone inform the officials about them? Considering they ended up at the Fortner couple...

Fighter Volk 2004-07-10 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratix
If I'm not wrong, Johaan and Anna are adopted by the Liebert couple? If so, everything starts to makes sense..

But then again, when Johaan and Anna disappeared from the hospital, why didn't anyone inform the officials about them? Considering they ended up at the Fortner couple...

Just wait and learn, my friend :D

Ratix 2004-07-10 22:48

O.. Ok. So it'll be revealed later in the series? Ooooo
*Kicks BT*
Download faster god dammit >_>

JubeiYamazaki 2004-07-11 15:04

:heh: That's why I love Naoki Ursawa stories, the simplist questions have the biggest spoilers. But every question you'll ever have will get answered... eventually.

Fighter Volk 2004-07-16 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
:heh: That's why I love Naoki Ursawa stories, the simplist questions have the biggest spoilers. But every question you'll ever have will get answered... eventually.

Like, in 20th Century Boys...

Spoiler for 20th Century boys, all volumes:

Ratix 2004-09-08 21:10

When is monster shown in Japan?
 
Just curious, which day?

wao 2004-09-08 22:09

Tuesdays at 12:40 am on Nippon TV (or something like that).

Initialize 2004-09-11 03:03

12:40 am.... ouch, not quite primetime.

NoSanninWa 2004-09-11 04:20

Hey, that is primetime... for anime. Lots of great anime shows air in the middle of the night. At least it is better than Wolf's Rain. Wolf's Rain aired at 2:25 am, or as it is known in Japan 26:25. Horrible, eh?

VCR is pretty much the only way to watch anime in Japan.

IntegraTypeR 2004-09-11 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Hey, that is primetime... for anime. Lots of great anime shows air in the middle of the night. At least it is better than Wolf's Rain. Wolf's Rain aired at 2:25 am, or as it is known in Japan 26:25. Horrible, eh?

VCR is pretty much the only way to watch anime in Japan.

Eh! Only time I watch anime is before bed. 2am - 4am....... :D

LynnieS 2004-09-11 16:46

For awhile now, "Monster" has been pushed back by 30 minutes here in Tokyo, so it sometimes airs at 01:10 instead. Doesn't happen every week - think it's baseball-related - though, and the TV schedules don't show the time change. Try setting up your recorder on a schedule, and finding out that you recorded a variety show instead. Not a bad show, however.

But a VCR? Too 20th century... ;) :D

wao 2004-09-12 00:09

Bah, silly baseball games. But going by anime I"d still say this is a perfectly normal slot for anime to be in, heh... Though of course 2-3am is a worse slot.... You still get some anime with good slots though, though they're mostly uber-popular anime...

Just based on moonphase lemme see what has primetime slots..

Onmyou Taisenki - looks like another kid's show blah thingy... Just click the link and you'd understand. 6:00 TV Tokyo
Bouken-ou Beet - popular (and IMO, rather stupid-looking) Jump manga -> anime. 6:30 TV Tokyo

School RUmble - Okay, I don't know what this is doing at 6:00, also on TV TOkyo
Bleach - I imagine that it's hugely popular. Anotehr JUMP manga -> anime, isn't it? 6:30 TV Tokyo

Yugioh Duel Masters GX - duh. Again at 6:30 on TV Tokyo. (Note all this 6:00 and 6:30 stuff is on different days!)

Gundam Seed DESTINY - again, kind of obvious. 6:00 on TBS. Though I'm a bit surprise.d..

Black Jack - Osamu Tezuka manga. 7:00 on Nippon TV...

Yakitate Japan - if I'm not wrong it's fairly popular too. 7:00 TV Tokyo.

MAJOR, Shounen Sunday manga on baseball now an anime. If it's got a whopping 49 volumes I imagine it's popular. 6:00 on NHK Kyouiku...

Other currently running anime with what I think are primetime slots would be FMA (6:00 TBS), SD Gundam Force (6:00 TV Tokyo), Kenran Butou Sai (6:30 TV Tokyo), Shura no Toki (6:00 TV Tokyo), Mujin Wakusei Survive (7:30 NHK Kyouiku), Agatha Christie's Great Detectives Marple & Poirot (7:30 NHK Sougou and NHK-Hi - that explains the hi quality raws and perhaps the very high popularity it got on its first airing)...

Of course I'm largely making predictions and assumptions, I've never lived in Japan so what do I know....

I suppose Monster doesn't have such a primetime slot because the manga ended some time ago? They really should have made it earlier... and reduced the number of eps... oh well, let's all hope for a 20CB movie or something...

stpehen 2004-09-12 01:01

Monster doesn't have a primetime slot because it is neither a huge merchandising gimmick (Yugioh), nor a hot Jump or Sunday title (Bleach, Beet, Yakitate, Major), nor a legendary anime franchise (Gundam), nor a classic work known to several generations (Black Jack).

Most all mature/sophisticated shows end up being shown after midnight.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.