AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   (L) Blood: The last Vampire (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=15293)

ChibiDusk 2004-06-10 21:40

Blood: The last Vampire

Just watched this with a friend (username is luffy on these forums). Anyways, I think it would've been amazing if it was drawn out into a full series, even if only 13 episodes. This really confused me, so can anyone explain the movie for me? It doesn';t really give much information on the characters or backstory.

ShinDragon 2004-06-10 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Just watched this with a friend (username is luffy on these forums). Anyways, I think it would've been amazing if it was drawn out into a full series, even if only 13 episodes. This really confused me, so can anyone explain the movie for me? It doesn';t really give much information on the characters or backstory.

Well..... if you think it's too short, there's also the manga.
but I don't know if anyone has licensed the manga tho.

Fronzel 2004-06-11 03:55

I believe Viz did? I own it. It was pretty good, but doesn't really have enough substance. Like

Spoiler:

If you really liked the anime, I would recommend it, as it actually explains what’s going on in the world. Saya's characterization is more expressive and interesting, too. I believe there is also a PS2 game we’ll never get to play. Oh, well.

cercia_highelf 2004-06-14 07:10

Your best bet would be to watch the TV series...now you have no excuse! ;>

ChibiDusk 2004-06-15 13:48

theres a...TV series?

hunterx 2004-06-15 13:54

Quote:

there isn't much to explain. Rumor has it that the anime was created when two directors argued over style versus substance. In blood: the last vampire is it almost all style and little substance and still very cool and interesting to watch.

ChibiDusk 2004-06-15 14:57

Yeah, the animation is exremely amazing. Nice blend, if only the story was a little more clear.

cercia_highelf 2004-06-16 08:09

Quote:

theres a...TV series?

Yep, there is, and it's got Saya in it.

xris 2004-06-16 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cercia_highelf
Yep, there is, and it's got Saya in it.

I have no idea of what "Blood" TV series you are taking about here but there isn't a TV series of "Blood: The Last Vampire".

What makes you think there is?

There is a manga which features Saya, but no anime.

Master Ran 2004-06-16 09:02

I do hope you saw the first release "original" English dub version.
This is one of the anime that i think surpasses the japanese one.
(some will disagree)

Fronzel 2004-06-16 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Ran
I do hope you saw the first release "original" English dub version.
This is one of the anime that i think surpasses the japanese one.
(some will disagree)

What do you mean? Blood has only one dialouge track, one that mixes English and Japanese, doesn't it? The one I have does. There's another language track?

Kyuven 2004-06-16 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fronzel
What do you mean? Blood has only one dialouge track, one that mixes English and Japanese, doesn't it? The one I have does. There's another language track?

agreed, Blood's dialogue switches from english to japanese quite frequently...(Saya speaks japanese, some characters are bilingual, yadda yadda yadda)

Master Ran 2004-06-17 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fronzel

hahaha... gomen..gomen...

I was thiking of another vampire anime Vampire Hunter D :bash:

ChibiDusk 2004-06-17 08:23

Ha, at first I thought something was wrong with my DVD when I heard english and japanese all mixed out. It's a neat mix though.

Fronzel 2004-06-17 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Ran
hahaha... gomen..gomen...

I was thiking of another vampire anime Vampire Hunter D :bash:

Well, in that case, I don't think you can even get the Japanese dub in America, so you would be listening to the English is any case.

Ya goofed, like, twice!

Master Ran 2004-06-17 20:30

Buying japanese dub/original in US is not that hard and can be bought in stores like animenation and some import DVD stores.

And about Vampire Hunter D, it was originaly english dub (for global fans i think) then some years later, the director decides to do an all japanese cast and dub but it never outshined the English one.

kk2extreme 2009-05-08 21:18

live action movie trailer

This is not the story that i have remember :uhoh: hope it doesnt fall the dbz: revolution

p.s. the main actress looks too old to be 16 :heh:

Hedd 2009-05-08 21:57

Live action thread in the unaired section

orion 2009-05-08 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk2extreme (Post 2384802)
live action movie trailer

This is not the story that i have remember :uhoh: hope it doesnt fall the dbz: revolution

p.s. the main actress looks too old to be 16 :heh:

Spoiler for live action but not really a spoiler since it's in an article hosting the 2nd trailer:

Here's the live-action thread.

Guernsey 2009-05-08 22:22

this looks promising.