AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=156342)

Stark700 2021-01-24 10:03

Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku

https://cdn.animenewsnetwork.com/thu...jigokuraku.jpg

This year's eighth issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine revealed on Monday that Yūji Kaku's Hell’s Paradise: Jigokuraku manga is getting a television anime adaptation.

Plot Summary

Quote:

The manga centers on Gabimaru, once exalted as the strongest ninja, but who has now quit his trade, violating the laws of his village. After being captured, he claims he has nothing left to live for. However, due to his superhuman levels of training, he has inadvertently survived multiple executions, from attempts at beheading to burning at the stake. The executioner Sagiri Asaemon tells him that he has lingering attachment to life, and issues him a mission to win his acquittal: to find the elixir of immortality.
Source

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.168715

Haak 2021-01-24 11:58

Daaaaaamn, yet another manga that I now regret reading too much of. I wonder if they'll keep the R rated stuff because it's a rare case that I hope they do. This is the kind of dark fantasy that has merit to it (as opposed to the puerile edgey rape/slave fantasy teen fics people are lording over). It's like an R rated mix of Dororo and HunterxHunter

Guardian Enzo 2021-01-24 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 6457526)
Daaaaaamn, yet another manga that I now regret reading too much of. I wonder if they'll keep the R rated stuff because it's a rare case that I hope they do. This is the kind of dark fantasy that has merit to it (as opposed to the puerile edgey rape/slave fantasy teen fics people are lording over). It's like an R rated mix of Dororo and HunterxHunter

That's a pretty good recommendation right there. :heh:

Kanon 2021-01-24 18:11

With the manga over, it'd be nice to get a complete adaptation. I think this has a lot of volumes though...

Wandering Soul 2021-01-24 20:58

Considering the manga just ended, I wonder if we'll get a full adaptation or they'll break it up into cours.

Cloudedmind 2021-01-25 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 6457526)

Welp, you got me. *tosses in meme pic of Bernie Sanders to represent my current mood*

Cosmic Eagle 2021-01-25 07:52

Haha, about time, about time....this is so so shounen crown title potential. Imagine if this somehow beats Kimetsu. This thing reads like a From soft game after all

And please keep the lovely lovely artwork in the show please. Like with Dororo at least

Stark700 2021-12-18 21:10

PV is out

Frontier 2021-12-19 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark700 (Post 6495633)
PV is out

Looks pretty cool :).

Stark700 2022-11-19 18:36

Crunchyroll announced for streaming

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...paradise-anime

Stark700 2022-12-18 01:18

April 2023

shmaster 2022-12-18 04:08

I can't say Kobayashi is doing a good job as Gabimaru. They could have Yoshino do Gabimaru instead.

Also, surprised that Aza is not voiced by Okamoto. He is such an Okamoto character. But Kimura fits too, so no complain.

Frontier 2022-12-18 13:51

The voice cast is top tier and the story looks pretty interesting :).

Stark700 2023-04-01 09:33

OP and ED theme songs are out

Frontier 2023-04-01 11:07

Spoiler:

Nachtwandler 2023-04-01 18:02

Pretty cool so far. Yes it reeks of this more "mature" shounens like Chainsawman which is a mixed bag for me but I like it so far.

Also, both OP and ED aregreat.

Kanon 2023-04-01 18:23

This might be the very first anime out of the thousands I've watched which acknowledges that it's impossible to behead someone with a katana in one stroke. In fact, it goes against everything anime taught me, what was the point of having a second ready to behead you to spare you the pain of seppuku if it doesn't actually work?
Of course the show wasted no time introducing the famous Asaemon who can totally cleanly behead people with a katana.

But I digress. I thought it was really good. The atmosphere was particularly excellent. Great directing, great voice acting, and great storytelling. I love Sagiri's design already, and am curious to find out more about her. The fact the MC already has a wife he is completely dedicated to makes this relatively original, I expect no sexual tension between him and Sagiri and that'll be refreshing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 6543557)
Spoiler:

You can't blame him for that, he was pretty much brainwashed since he was a baby. At least he was still better than the other ninjas who were more than happy to betray him, but it's easy to guess those guys were jealous of him for having the chief's favor and most likely because he's way better than them.

grecefar 2023-04-01 19:20

pretty good start, this seems like a keeper.

serenade_beta 2023-04-01 20:16

Spoiler for ep1:

Frontier 2023-04-01 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6543585)
This might be the very first anime out of the thousands I've watched which acknowledges that it's impossible to behead someone with a katana in one stroke. In fact, it goes against everything anime taught me, what was the point of having a second ready to behead you to spare you the pain of seppuku if it doesn't actually work?
Of course the show wasted no time introducing the famous Asaemon who can totally cleanly behead people with a katana.

But I digress. I thought it was really good. The atmosphere was particularly excellent. Great directing, great voice acting, and great storytelling. I love Sagiri's design already, and am curious to find out more about her. The fact the MC already has a wife he is completely dedicated to makes this relatively original, I expect no sexual tension between him and Sagiri and that'll be refreshing.

Not that it's ever stopped shippers before :heh:.