AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru... Index [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Genesis Testament 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=159183)

Kairin 2023-05-11 23:35

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Genesis Testament 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index, Genesis Testament 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Genesis Testament 8) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endscape (Post 6547299)
Soyaku To Aru Majutsu no Index 8
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Illustrator: Haimura Kiyotaka
Release Date: May 10, 2023
Pages: 360
ISBN: 978-4-04-915010-0

Spoiler for summary:

shmaster 2023-05-20 21:25

I am surprised that Tiuma thought the Bridge Brigade members are real deal, how stupid can he get? They are do obviously fake.

Oh hi there, Christian Rosenkruetz, I have been waiting for you. Bridge Brigade are truly stupid to think you are a nice guy.
I know Bridge Brigade are not much, but they are truly pathetic clowns now.

But Touma, why aren't you bringing Anna to Heaven Canceller? She is still breathing, the frog face will save her just fine.
Asking Alice for help is the dumbest thing to do, as there is no guarantee she'll help. Can't wait to see your expression when you find out Alice is already dead.

But who could have guessed it is this easy to make Anna into a nice girl. She hates everyone and everything because no one follows her teachings properly. In other words, if there is one person who follows her words correctly, she would never forsake the person. She just wanted to be a good teacher, and she'll truly be a no body if she can't protect a proper student.

Though, surprised to see Kingsford confirming that Sprengel is capable of doing everything she said she can. So Kingsford is fine with Sprengel assuming the identity of the Anna that established the foundation of modern magic.
Sprengel just lack the self awareness that she already have what it takes to be the Anna she want to be.

Endscape 2023-05-22 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmaster (Post 6548050)
I am surprised that Tiuma thought the Bridge Brigade members are real deal, how stupid can he get? They are do obviously fake.

Remember, this is the man who instantly sided with Kazakiri, he just doesn't think of people like that.

Quote:

But Touma, why aren't you bringing Anna to Heaven Canceller? She is still breathing, the frog face will save her just fine.
Asking Alice for help is the dumbest thing to do, as there is no guarantee she'll help. Can't wait to see your expression when you find out Alice is already dead.
Wasn't the issue that she got hit with the Shrink Drink? Even Heaven Canceller can't fix stuff he doesn't know about.

Quote:

But who could have guessed it is this easy to make Anna into a nice girl. She hates everyone and everything because no one follows her teachings properly. In other words, if there is one person who follows her words correctly, she would never forsake the person. She just wanted to be a good teacher, and she'll truly be a no body if she can't protect a proper student.
She was blaring it from the rooftops since Day 1. Hopefully this somehow leads to Anna becoming MisaMisa's magic instructors.

shmaster 2023-05-22 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endscape (Post 6548262)
Wasn't the issue that she got hit with the Shrink Drink? Even Heaven Canceller can't fix stuff he doesn't know about.

Shrink Drink is gone, IB can deal with that. They just don't know how to deal with the wound that was created by it.
But I see frig face having no problem with it as he doesn't have to deal with the Shrink Drink itself.
At worst, he can turn her into a cyborg like the other Anna.

Endscape 2023-05-30 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmaster (Post 6548263)
Shrink Drink is gone, IB can deal with that. They just don't know how to deal with the wound that was created by it.
But I see frig face having no problem with it as he doesn't have to deal with the Shrink Drink itself.
At worst, he can turn her into a cyborg like the other Anna.

I'm not sure he can deal with the aftereffects if even Gold Old Mary couldn't fix it.

Now that the volume is done, it was a pretty standard transitional. I did really love the scene with Chris though. If he is indeed the previous generation of Imagine Breaker, then he'll be a fun enemy for Touma.

shmaster 2023-05-30 14:39

I just like how he thoroughly mocked the Bridge Brigade.
Those enlightened ones does not speak much, especially between each other as they have little need to use words. They are only loquacious when they lower themselves to the level below them to provide an explanation. Like how Kingsford and Rosenkreutz traded very little words as they engage to battle.
While Christian spent almost two pages just to point out how dumb the Bridgade is.
That is one of the best incompetent antagonists blow up on themselves moment that Kamachi had written.

Endscape 2023-05-30 16:51

Trismegistus' reaction was gold too. The man's whole world fell out from under him.

BladeMancer 2023-05-30 21:12

Chris was hella entertaining, and he gave a Regulus Corneas Rant to boot.

Endscape 2023-05-31 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by BladeMancer (Post 6548841)
Chris was hella entertaining, and he gave a Regulus Corneas Rant to boot.

Nah, not enough misogyny for it to be a Regulus rant.

Also, why did Kazu-kun come in and give the volume a 1? I didn't even know he read the series.

DragonXX 2023-07-07 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endscape (Post 6548881)
Nah, not enough misogyny for it to be a Regulus rant.

Also, why did Kazu-kun come in and give the volume a 1? I didn't even know he read the series.

He may not read it, and just hate the series for some reason. I don't know why he would waste his time giving it a one but some people do.

Ksaraf23 2023-09-09 08:22

The fact there’s very few posts in the discussion for this novel shows how far GT has fallen in terms of user engagement.

It’s kinda sad to see.

Kuroageha 2023-09-26 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonXX (Post 6552504)
He may not read it, and just hate the series for some reason. I don't know why he would waste his time giving it a one but some people do.

Spoiler for maybe:

Endscape 2023-09-26 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroageha (Post 6558653)
Spoiler for maybe:

Spoiler for huh?:

Kuroageha 2023-10-02 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endscape (Post 6558654)
Spoiler for huh?:

Exactly, aka Never :heh: