Who wants to bet Kabuto is Itachi?
Frankily I hope this isn't the case....however there is SO much evidence and it is very possible that Kabuto is Itachi in disguise. I doubt I can remember all the things I came up with but I will do my best.
1) Take a look at Itachi and Kabuto's hair, no they arent "exactly" the same but very similar with the hair split down the middle and the ponytail in the back. No other characters in Naruto have this.
2) It was stated that Kabuto arrived in Konoha 6 years ago as an outside survivor if the Amato War (I think this is the right name). This is mentioned in the episode where Kabuto quits from the 2nd test in the Chuunin exam. I find it pretty interesting that it was 7 years ago that Itachi destroyed the Uchiha clan and left Konoha. Coincidentally this kid "Kabuto" shows up in Konoha a year after Itachi left and somehow managed to survive a huge war. Only someone with very impressive ninja skills could do this.
3) In anime episode 88 at the very beginning right after Orochimaru kills his servant and Kabuto walks in, Kabuto states (this is not word for word but very close)...."I was away for a while and I already need to clean up this mess". Yes he indeed was away, just so you remember this takes place right after Itachi and Kisame run away from Jiraya's ninjustu.
4) Itachi and Kabuto share very similar characteristics. Neither of them get mad or lose their cool. The are both extremely intelligent and can get to people's heads by just talking. Both are very powerful (everyone assumes Kabuto is hiding something because he is a mysterious character) yet tend to avoid fighting if possible.
5) Both are data gatherer's. Itachi seems to know a lot about Naruto, he even states after he runs from Jiraya that "we don't need to worry about Naruto in his current state". Pretty funny he knows all this considering Kabuto has been observing Naruto the entire time. In episode 88 Kabuto claims to have knowledge about Tsunade from the Amato War. Interesting how he was collecting information even back then like he was on a mission or something...*hint hint* Read the spoiler below.
6) Kabuto isn't intimidated by Orochimaru in the least. A lot of people are waiting for Orochimaru to get killed and many people think that Kabuto has some hidden motive. In fact I find it funny in the episode where Sasuke gets owned by Itachi, Itachi notices the seal (doesn't say anything but it shows him looking at it) when Sasuke is on the ground. Then in the next episode he is telling Sasuke he is weak because he doesn't have enough hate, basically implying he MUST go to orochimaru. Something weird is definately going on here.
There are probably a few more things I could put on here but I think it is enough. For those of you who have read the manga and are trying to give me a counter example read below.
Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!