AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monster (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Monster - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=16333)

Fighter Volk 2004-06-27 21:59

Monster - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.)
 
I just got the Monster OST and it sure is a treat! :) I love the slightly modified version of the preview theme (track 3, drift mind) and of course the extended ending song. The entire mood is excellent and inspirational for a writer like myself (well, I'm still a student but I *do* write in my free time). Really dark and suspenseful and I LOVE IT.

Anyone else checked this one out? If not, I strongly recommend it.

Melazoma 2004-06-27 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
I just got the Monster OST and it sure is a treat! :) I love the slightly modified version of the preview theme (track 3, drift mind) and of course the extended ending song. The entire mood is excellent and inspirational for a writer like myself (well, I'm still a student but I *do* write in my free time). Really dark and suspenseful and I LOVE IT.

Anyone else checked this one out? If not, I strongly recommend it.

I am very, very tempted to actually purchase the OST--just for a properly recorded rendition of "grain." So far in the 175 mb fansub files, the beginning of "grain" all go into an ugly "fuzz" as the chorus crescendos. What I'd like to ask is that if that ugly fuzz is present in the OST? If the "grain" track is clear of that problem--I'm buying it, no question. :)

stpehen 2004-06-28 00:18

If you're referring to the choir going static-y as the logo turns red, that's part of the song and it's present on the soundtrack.

For those who are interested in more of the same stuff as the Monster OST, I recommend A Silver Mt. Zion's "Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upward" album. I usually listened to it when I translated the manga. At points it is startlingly similar to the anime soundtrack, and in general it fits the mood very well. It makes for excellent background music to the manga.

Melazoma 2004-06-28 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by stpehen
If you're referring to the choir going static-y as the logo turns red, that's part of the song and it's present on the soundtrack.

For those who are interested in more of the same stuff as the Monster OST, I recommend A Silver Mt. Zion's "Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upward" album. I usually listened to it when I translated the manga. At points it is startlingly similar to the anime soundtrack, and in general it fits the mood very well. It makes for excellent background music to the manga.

It is!? Ewww... how... ugly :frustrated:

Fighter Volk 2004-06-28 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by stpehen
If you're referring to the choir going static-y as the logo turns red, that's part of the song and it's present on the soundtrack.

For those who are interested in more of the same stuff as the Monster OST, I recommend A Silver Mt. Zion's "Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upward" album. I usually listened to it when I translated the manga. At points it is startlingly similar to the anime soundtrack, and in general it fits the mood very well. It makes for excellent background music to the manga.

That's awesome. I definitely have to check that out. Thanks for the suggestion, Stephen!

By the way, have you translated anything else for Magnascreener? Or any other group for that matter?

Vicious 2004-06-28 10:20

I listened to the OST yesterday, and I must admit it - I'm impressed. It's melancholic, dark, mysterious; it perfectly fits the series.
One of my favorite songs is Drift Mind, Monster's theme. And I love David Sylvian's For the Love of Life - it pratically sums up the entire series.

Also, I was surprised they decided to release Monster OST so early. We got songs that'll play so far ahead of the anime, like...

Spoiler:

Ri_ 2004-06-28 13:40

I feel silly asking this, but as I've no experience to order any OSTs... how did you get it?!

Vicious 2004-06-28 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ri_
I feel silly asking this, but as I've no experience to order any OSTs... how did you get it?!

You have two options:

- Buy it
- Download it :)

I got it using the second option. But, sorry, no one can give you links here. Try searching for it... :D

Ri_ 2004-06-28 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious
You have two options:

- Buy it
- Download it :)

I got it using the second option. But, sorry, no one can give you links here. Try searching for it... :D

But I want to buuy it. ;_; Because I'm a Monster-nerd.
Can someone recommend any online shops or something?

stpehen 2004-06-28 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
That's awesome. I definitely have to check that out. Thanks for the suggestion, Stephen!

By the way, have you translated anything else for Magnascreener? Or any other group for that matter?

Mangascreener

Monster
20th Century Boys
Beck
Bokurano
H2
Happy
Kimi no Kakera
My Name Is Zushio
Nasu
Pluto
Ryuguden
Confession
Route 20

Omanga

Gantz
Real

Manga-Sketchbook

Angel Densetsu

That pretty much covers it, I think.

EDIT: Forgot one.

Jinmen-Juushin

Rookies

Fighter Volk 2004-06-29 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by stpehen
Mangascreener

Monster
20th Century Boys
Happy
Pluto

Omanga

Gantz

Then my respect for you has grown by a lot! :D I'm a fan of all the quoted series above, and I am only dumbfounded by all the other stuff you've translated. You sure have a good (and growing) reputation :)

Just one question: I'm just wondering about Pluto. I know it's Urasawa Naoki's newest work and I've read the first eight chapters and have really enjoyed them. My question is, in what magazine does it come out in Japan? Is it the one that all of Urasawa Naoki's past works have appeared in?

stpehen 2004-06-29 11:28

Pluto is currently running in Big Comic Original, the same magazine that Monster and Master Keaton were published in. Yawara, Pineapple Army, Happy and now 20th Century Boys are Big Comic Spirits series.

BCO is biweekly (although Pluto only appears every other issue, making it monthly) and generally features manga that caters to an older male audience (30 and above). Most of the stories are so-called "oyaji" manga that are set in the office or relate chiefly to the working, family man.

BCS is weekly and most of its series are aimed at late teens to 20-somethings. More sci-fi bloodbaths and college romance stories than workplace politics.

Fighter Volk 2004-06-29 12:05

Thanks for clearing that up!

Soul Bro Ryu 2004-07-06 02:33

I dig this soundtrack, and look frward to the inevitable second one (unless this is IT for the length of 75+ episodes). I was hoping to hear Al Green, since later in the manga one of his songs is used in the background. Well, here's hoping they'll keep it in the show...

Laguna 2004-07-08 13:38

Exellent soundtrack.. though I wished there had been longer version of OP theme, which is sooo good. By the way, anyone knows music like in the opening theme? I mean something that is dark, brooding and atmospheric (no not black metal please -_-).. I love this kinda music!

XenWarrior 2004-07-12 23:36

Is the Sound track out?
 
It looks like they were advertising a monster soundtrack at the end of episode 13.

Fighter Volk 2004-07-13 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenWarrior
It looks like they were advertising a monster soundtrack at the end of episode 13.

It sure is! There's already a thread about it here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=16333

Secca 2004-08-05 12:44

Just got the soundtrack, and wow, me like For the Love of Life, I find it very soothing and relaxing.

It was listening to it for hours, while watching some fish swimming. ^^

Silence_Fish 2004-10-24 12:30

Music related Q&A for Monster
 
Does anyone know the artists who do the opening and closing themes for Monster?

Thanks.

mattneil8 2004-10-24 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silence_Fish
Does anyone know the artists who do the opening and closing themes for Monster?

Thanks.

Opening : "Grain" by Kuniaki Haishima

Ending : "For The Love of Life" by David Sylvian


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.