AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My anime club thread again!! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=172)

MasafumiGotoh 2003-11-04 12:05

My anime club thread again!!

My friend is the president of our Anime club in our highschool. I am in the Anime review board. Today the secretary of the club asked the review board to come up with suggestions on what anime to watch that is on DVD and is not shown on CN, Fox kids or any other station . My question is what should you guys recommend us to watch? Also we dont want anything boring cause people would just leave. Maybe something comedic would be nice. I also want to ask that we have little violence and no ecchi or hentai on the DVD. Any sugguestions??

Thank you,

Schuur High Anime review board

Wandering A.I. 2003-11-04 13:24

Little violence...no ecchi....is this really an anime club? Oo

MasafumiGotoh 2003-11-04 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering A.I.
Little violence...no ecchi....is this really an anime club? Oo

We do have to follow school rules.

Whojive 2003-11-04 14:27

Martian Successor Nadesico

NenMaster 2003-11-04 14:31

why not a girly romance or summin

pantsu 2003-11-04 18:24

fruits basket, rahxephon (didn't find it too violent),haibane remnei,juuni kokki (12 kingdoms) [i don't find it too violent..but does have some]), fushigi yuugi,Read or Die OAV,Full Metal Panic,super Gals!.....

@Naruto@ 2003-11-04 19:30

How about........ :thinker:

Trigun (action, comedy),
Cowboy Bebop (action, comedy),
Rurouni Kenshin (Violence),
Akira (action),
Ghost in the Shell (ummm not sure what this is under. I guess action, violence), Spirited Away (haven't seen it yet, so i'm not sure what to put it under).

That's all that I could think of off the top of my head right now. :uhoh: :sad:

Wolfwood2970 2003-11-04 19:53

Trigun and Full Metal Panic

With both of those you cant really go wrong there..... Both are great series in themselves and such and hmmmm

Maybe Noir i havnt seen all of Noir but i guess its alright

NenMaster 2003-11-04 21:13

what do u class violence as, in a anime?

killing
punchs, slaps, kicks

Sabin 2003-11-04 21:43

I am not too sure about what is shown on the Cartoon Network since I don't have it living here in Canada but Saber Marionette J would definetly work with those guidelines.

Try Lain, Super Gals (I'm lovin this series right now), FLCL, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic and Onegai Teacher.

Above all though i would sabin Saber Marionette J. Great story, incredible characters and just tons of fun in general.

The Xenos 2003-11-05 07:12

Two series that worked well at our college anime club ( thugh sure they're fine for highschool too):

Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu

Fruits Basket

I had my doubts on Fruits Basket, but everyone loved it. Plus I did too and it really got to me emtionally too.

-Xenos

Sabin 2003-11-05 08:58

I forgot to mention that Last Exile is coming out on DVD in a few weeks. I would Definetly recommend this one.

I just started watching it three days ago and i haven't been able to stop. 15 ep in so far and loving every minute of it. Hard to resist the temptation to call in sick today so i can watch it instead of working.

pantsu 2003-11-05 17:43

i'd suggest Gunparade march and dragon drive..they are liscensed..but i don't know when dvd's are supposed to be out. If they are...might want to look into them.

Quote:

Maybe Noir i havnt seen all of Noir but i guess its alright
while i think noir is pretty good and i enjoyed it..showing it at a highschool (especially if in the states) would not be appropriate..might be considered a little too violent for highschool (ofcourse by the authorities..not the students :)).

oh yea..i'd also suggest last exile.