AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Download Help (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Is it really that easy? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=18235)

KenshinHimura886 2004-08-03 02:33

Is it really that easy?
 
Well, I'm kinda new at this, obviously... Is it true that all I have to do is download and install that client that is linked to on the home page, and then I can start downloading anime? Is there anything else I need to know first? Thanks in advance. ^^;

xris 2004-08-03 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshinHimura886
Is it true that all I have to do is download and install that client that is linked to on the home page, and then I can start downloading anime?

Well, you can already try and find out for yourself :)

Or in other words: Yes, that's all there is to it!

durrem 2004-08-03 03:49

Hmm, one other thing. In order to actually play most fansubs you will need to have to have the correct codec installed. Otherwise, when you try to play the fansubs media player (or whatever) will go through that "trying to d/l codec" thing. The one stop for codecs (in most cases) is ffdshow, as shown in in the Media Configuration Guide in the Playback Help forum.

KenshinHimura886 2004-08-03 04:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by durrem
Hmm, one other thing. In order to actually play most fansubs you will need to have to have the correct codec installed. Otherwise, when you try to play the fansubs media player (or whatever) will go through that "trying to d/l codec" thing. The one stop for codecs (in most cases) is ffdshow, as shown in in the Media Configuration Guide in the Playback Help forum.

Alright, I'll try that then. Thanks!

Slideways 2004-08-05 07:23

I couldnt get Window Media to open it, so I just downloaded the new DIVX... which has twice as good of quality as Windows Media.

Kurz 2004-08-05 13:36

Codecs allow video watching only thats why the sound comes out without video. The newer codec's can improve video performance. Though it doubtful that you will notice it if you had the previous version.

ne0_loki 2004-08-05 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshinHimura886
Well, I'm kinda new at this, obviously... Is it true that all I have to do is download and install that client that is linked to on the home page, and then I can start downloading anime? Is there anything else I need to know first? Thanks in advance. ^^;


Well of course, one of the most important things to know when using the bittorrent client:

"Please leave the download window open for as long as possible after your download is finished!"

this ensures others get the download because you will be uploading :)

KeinikuSuki 2004-08-05 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAveOfFire
Codecs only allow you to watch the video. It doesnt improve viewing quality. ;)

This is not necessarily true. In fact, often the case is in fact the opposite. If, for example, you attempted to decode a file created using an early Divx codec by means Xvid codec, you might see a degradation in quality. Undoubtably, the reason the Divx player resulted in better quality stems from the fact the Divx player uses the Divx codec to decode all MPEG-4 files. Windows Media Player probably attempted to use another MPEG-4 decoder he had installed (for example Xvid or 3ivx).

However, that being said, ffdshow-alpha is the best choice for decoding most anime files. Since xris says it so well, Ill just copy and paste.

"Since this question is asked so many times, this is a standard reply cut and pasted :p

9 timeout of 10, this is a codec problem. Very easy to fix.

i) Download ffdshow 2004-05-20
ii) Remove all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all.
iii) Install ffdshow.

Just in case it wasn't clear, uninstall all previously installed codecs, they only clash and interfere with each other. You only need ffdshow.

If you don't like the idea of removing all your old codecs, then don't, you may be able to resolve the problem by just updating or installing to the latest ffdshow codec (but the general consensus is to just have the one codec installed, there will be less problems that way).

Look at the stickies in the Playback Help forum to find the latest version of ffdshow (see this thread).

Plus I would recommend downloading and using Media Player Classic."


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:03.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.