AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Chrno Crusade (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Chrno Crusade 2 Discussion (Spoilers) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1981)

Rune~Grey 2003-12-02 19:13

Chrno Crusade 2 Discussion (Spoilers)
 
Since the thread that followed posting episode one has gotten quite long, I figured it would probably be for the best to start a new thread for discussion of episode 2 for those who were interested. Please remember to mark spoilers where appropriate. ^_^

Personally, I rather liked this episode, once I got past a couple of my kneejerk reactions to some things showing up much earlier in the anime than they do in the manga. The opening is also different, with scenes taken from this episode replacing the ones that took place in episode 1 - a rather neat little touch, at least in my opinion.

Spoiler:


Anyways - another great episode. While I have a few reservations about some of the scenes being so short and out of order, it does open up alot of possibilties for later on, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle this series. ^^

Keitaro 2003-12-02 21:08

damn Chrno look badass when he almost fully transformed. i always wanted to know what his true devil form was since ep1. i cant wait for ep3. i dloaded A-Keep's version they finally got an good raw this time.

Rune~Grey 2003-12-03 04:02

Episode 3 looks like its going to be the beginning of Asmaria's introduction - although the title makes me wonder if they're going to be doing a bit more with Joshua in that episode as well. But it looks like it'll be pretty close to the manga.

Spoiler:

Tomomi 2003-12-03 04:17

Spoiler:


Anyway, I like this episode desu! Joshua looks pretty cute. But gosh, ain't he evil? :)


Spoiler:

Ori 2003-12-03 11:00

That was one rocking episode! I can't wait to see the next ep! And I really want to read the manga for this too now. -_-;;; Darn, I will loose money again. Ah well... It's so cute!

Togabito_Ion 2003-12-03 12:08

Much earlier is an understatement, but I'm quite understanding of the fact that they wouldn't have the room to fit it all in the way it's going. I'm actually quite pleased with how they're doing the pacing change. It hasn't train wrecked off of the same track the manga's been following.

Not yet at least.

I'm hoping that it doesn't do that in the future, though, mind you.

Everything with the events with Joshua have happened in vol 2. They've not really breached the vol 1 ending. I think they are, for pacing's sake, going to work with vols 1-3 together in a flurry, as they're really only introductions... or sort of. The introduction of a character named Rizel is pretty much the ending of all character intros and the time to turn over to the 'apparent' plot... Of course, there's another plot underneath everything happening. :3

Spoiler:


Manga Spoiler- Events from vol 6 are mentioned here. :3
Spoiler:


General Series Spoilers :3 (About true forms)
Spoiler:


If you -are- interested in seeing Chrno's true form, it does show up on a couple of the manga covers:

vol 2 - This vol basically follows the story of how it all began, and what happened to Joshua. It's more of an extended version of what happened at the beginning of the ep.

vol 5 - Teehee. It's all (A)ion's fault. :3 That's all I'm saying on this issue. *snickers*

The story of 'Contractor' in the manga actually is one of my favorites of the entire manga. It finally gives you a peek of something that may possibly happen in the series (and does! :3 - Moriyama is a master at preplanning. The 'Dive' that occurs later (vol 3) is for a specific purpose in vol 6. :3 )

That's why I'm really happy with the way they're taking the series. It's really nice, I think. They've got a different pacing, but they're covering all the bases that Moriyama covered, so it's all good in my book. ^_^

IMSabbel 2003-12-03 13:38

Pissed of Chrno reminded me so much of Dark Schneider from Bastard...
The very same reaction when the babe is hurt... (only DS has a bit more **** in his speech :) )

LeiMagusIII 2003-12-03 16:13

Yay, the Asmaria arc is next! :)

This is what sold me on the series in the first place.

Transformed Chrno = the shiznit :D

VASH THE STAMPEDE 2003-12-03 17:46

i asked some people what to start and somone on here recomended chrno crusade.
So i decided to give it a wirl. After the first ep i was hooked. All i can say is BADASS!!

Butcha 2003-12-03 17:57

I was suprised when they showed scenes of Joshua and Fiore as well and yes... Chrno in his true form makes him a very bad mofo~ I'm not sure if the series will actually catch up to Vol. 6 since the manga hasn't finished running yet...they might stop it earlier~ I hope they do cover it tho~

Keitaro 2003-12-03 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Togabito_Ion
Much earlier is an understatement, but I'm quite understanding of the fact that they wouldn't have the room to fit it all in the way it's going. I'm actually quite pleased with how they're doing the pacing change. It hasn't train wrecked off of the same track the manga's been following.

Not yet at least.

I'm hoping that it doesn't do that in the future, though, mind you.

Everything with the events with Joshua have happened in vol 2. They've not really breached the vol 1 ending. I think they are, for pacing's sake, going to work with vols 1-3 together in a flurry, as they're really only introductions... or sort of. The introduction of a character named Rizel is pretty much the ending of all character intros and the time to turn over to the 'apparent' plot... Of course, there's another plot underneath everything happening. :3

Spoiler:


Manga Spoiler- Events from vol 6 are mentioned here. :3
Spoiler:


General Series Spoilers :3 (About true forms)
Spoiler:


If you -are- interested in seeing Chrno's true form, it does show up on a couple of the manga covers:

vol 2 - This vol basically follows the story of how it all began, and what happened to Joshua. It's more of an extended version of what happened at the beginning of the ep.

vol 5 - Teehee. It's all (A)ion's fault. :3 That's all I'm saying on this issue. *snickers*

The story of 'Contractor' in the manga actually is one of my favorites of the entire manga. It finally gives you a peek of something that may possibly happen in the series (and does! :3 - Moriyama is a master at preplanning. The 'Dive' that occurs later (vol 3) is for a specific purpose in vol 6. :3 )

That's why I'm really happy with the way they're taking the series. It's really nice, I think. They've got a different pacing, but they're covering all the bases that Moriyama covered, so it's all good in my book. ^_^

after reading those spoilers now you got me curious

What is this whole contractor thing, is it some kind of a deal they made between Rosette and Chrno and what was it about.

Rune~Grey 2003-12-03 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keitarou20
after reading those spoilers now you got me curious

What is this whole contractor thing, is it some kind of a deal they made between Rosette and Chrno and what was it about.

I can tackle this one - its mainly spoilers for the next couple of episodes, since its during the Asmaria arc that they explain what the relationship between Chrno and Rosette is. So instead of my usual kinda/sorta spoilers, this will be pretty direct - read as you will. ^_^

Spoiler:

Tomomi 2003-12-03 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
I can tackle this one - its mainly spoilers for the next couple of episodes, since its during the Asmaria arc that they explain what the relationship between Chrno and Rosette is. So instead of my usual kinda/sorta spoilers, this will be pretty direct - read as you will. ^_^

Spoiler:

Yeah, I already know that. :)

But it's just that I feel that Chrno's words are a little off. :p I do support Chrno and Rosette anyway... :D

Anyway, who was the one who intiated the contract? Rosette or Chrno? And does the transformed Chrno remember that he has another form? Does the 'transformed he' remember the memories of the smaller Chrno?

Rune~Grey 2003-12-04 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomomi
Yeah, I already know that. :)

But it's just that I feel that Chrno's words are a little off. :p I do support Chrno and Rosette anyway... :D

Anyway, who was the one who intiated the contract? Rosette or Chrno? And does the transformed Chrno remember that he has another form? Does the 'transformed he' remember the memories of the smaller Chrno?

Almost all spoilers, mostly for the beginning of volume 2 of the manga.

Spoiler:


As for how long the series will run... if they cut some stuff, and actually stick to about two chapters an episode, they should be able to make it to the end of the series in good time. Although they will probably have to abbreviate some things... its interesting to look forward to seeing how they will handle this.

Tomomi 2003-12-04 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
Spoiler:

Okie... Can you post both of his 'beserk appearances' and what happened here? A Hundred Demon Slayer? Wow, he's quite strong eh... :)

Togabito_Ion 2003-12-04 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomomi
Okie... Can you post both of his 'beserk appearances' and what happened here? A Hundred Demon Slayer? Wow, he's quite strong eh... :)

Hmm... Depends on how much you'd want to know. I'm not sure if I should reeaaaally post them, actually, because that... somewhat goes into a ton of explanation that will start tearing apart the nice little fabric of the series to reveal the -true- underlying plot of everything. :3

...in other words, I can't explain much without too much spoilery information. Really. I swear to you on this. n.n;;

Tomomi 2003-12-04 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Togabito_Ion
Hmm... Depends on how much you'd want to know. I'm not sure if I should reeaaaally post them, actually, because that... somewhat goes into a ton of explanation that will start tearing apart the nice little fabric of the series to reveal the -true- underlying plot of everything. :3

...in other words, I can't explain much without too much spoilery information. Really. I swear to you on this. n.n;;

Haha, never mind then. :)

Seriously though, the more I see the spoilers from the manga, the more fired up I am to buy the manga. But the thing is that I only have four dollars! Not enough man... :(

Rune~Grey 2003-12-04 04:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomomi
Haha, never mind then. :)

Seriously though, the more I see the spoilers from the manga, the more fired up I am to buy the manga. But the thing is that I only have four dollars! Not enough man... :(

Its well worth the wait to see things explained and developed in proper time - this is a very deep series, and they build up a lot of levels of background. The descriptions you asked for are really huge spoilers - and would probably require a small essay about the whole series to explain properly. ^^

Worry not - its definately going to be well worth the wait. ^_^

Tomomi 2003-12-04 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
Its well worth the wait to see things explained and developed in proper time - this is a very deep series, and they build up a lot of levels of background. The descriptions you asked for are really huge spoilers - and would probably require a small essay about the whole series to explain properly. ^^

Worry not - its definately going to be well worth the wait. ^_^

*going nuts* :p

Small essay? Wow, that much to explain eh? Anyway, who's the character in your avatar? Joshua from Chrno Crusade?

Tboz 2003-12-04 07:18

Hmm... seems like the anime is catching up with the manga pretty fast. The manga is at volume 6 now, so is it going to end soon?

So far there is still no word on the number of episodes. I am afraid that the anime is going to suck if it's forced to break free from the manga. They usually do when something like that happen. :mad:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.