AnimeSuki Forum (
-   Playback Help (
-   -   No Sound (

abofass 2004-09-25 23:52

No Sound
i have been reading through these problems that every one has.. and some are very close to the problem i have now.
i downloaded full moon sgashi ep1 now i have picture but no sound and 2day i downloaded some of the promos same problem no sound now i tried many different ways i even rmoved all dvix and downloaded that ff dshow thing and still same problem media player trys to download a codec but fails to do so
i know there must be somthing i missed or some one had the exact same problem and downloaded somthing that made the problem go away if you know the solution can you please tell me

AnimeOni 2004-09-26 00:54

First of all, do not use Windows Media Player. there are many issues regarding playback.
Use VLC, Media Player Classic, BSPlayer or Zoom Player.

Get Gspot

Open the video file in Gspot and it will tell you if you have the correct codec(s) installed.

For example, it may respond
Name: "0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3"
Stat: 3 Compatible Codes installed

If no Audio codec can be found
Name: ACC Codec...
Stat: No available installed Codecs

Then you search for the missing codecs. Most of the time, it's due to some type of conflict.
Full Moon has been around for quite a long time. It's either A-K or AFK. If I remember right, A-K uses ac3filter for most of their shows ( so this may be the missing codec you are looking for.

On a side note, if you do need AC3 filter, make sure you change the following setting after installation
/control panel/ac3 filter
- Mixer
--> options - uncheck auto gain control
--> options - uncheck normalize matrix

Hope this helps.