Please help with .ogg and .ogm files
I visited the FAQ and .ogg thread on the animesuki forums but they still don't solve the problem, please help!
I currently have two anime series in the form of .ogm files. Awhile ago I used to be able to play this kind of files using Winamp, but now even Winamp stopped working. It neither plays the video nor the audio when the .ogm is run.
Again if I ever try to open .ogm files on my comp using Windows Media Player, DivX, or VideoLAN, my comp simply reboots... this is making burning these files impossible since the Nero player basically restarts the comp when it tries to access the .ogm files. Please I really need help on solving the reboot problem as well.
Thanks guys. :(
Seeing as I don't really have a clue what exactly could cause this (and I couldn't find anyone who would have had this kind of problem either), let's do a bit of empirical research.
1) Try to open the files with Virtualdubmod
2) if 1) did not reboot, go to stream - stream list, disable the audio, pick direct stream copy from the video menu and then save the file as an avi
3) if 2) worked, try to play the avi (even though it has no sound, that can be fixed easily)
4) if 1) did not work, try setting the audio output of VideoLan to "dummy audio output" in general settings - audio and then try to open the file.
5) if 4) did not work, it's time for something a bit more radical. Get a Linux Live CD and try to open the file in mplayer (or some other player but mplayer is preferrable) under linux (any Live CD will probably do really, but if you want one which is a relatively small download, SLAX is a good choice).
6) if none of the above worked, either the files are corrupted beyond belief or it's a hardware problem, though I don't have a clue how it could only affect ogg files.
EDIT: Yay, fixed on totally stupid typo like a week after I posted the thing
Cruzz: note that the files I'm trying to play are .ogm's and DVD's, not .avi's.
And to specify the series I'm trying to play:
- Serial Experiments Lain (batch)
- Evangelion (batch)
Now here's something new I found out after trying a bunch of times with many players:
The players that DON'T work and keep rebooting the comp:
- Windows Media Player
These players reboot my comp whenever I try to run a .ogm file or play a DVD. Note that Winamp sometimes does not reboot the comp, but rather just sits there without playing any audio or video.
Here's one that works ONLY for the Evangelion .ogm's:
- Media Player Classic
This plays the Evangelion .ogm's perfectly just as my Winamp USED to do. However it restarts computer if I try to play Lain on this.
How about Core player? It doesn't require any external plug-ins, so it should work out-of-the-package. :hmm:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.