AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam SEED Destiny and Phases? What are they? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=22373)

Bflip 2004-10-17 20:37

Gundam SEED Destiny and Phases? What are they?
 
*Is a Gundam newb that just got into Gundam SEED*

I know of the new Gundam series Gundam SEED, but what's this SEED Destiny? And what are these phases?

Can someone explain please?

Shuinryu 2004-10-17 20:39

Phase are the Episode
-Like Phase 1 is Episode 1

Seed Destiny is the season 2

Bflip 2004-10-17 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuinryu
Phase are the Episode
-Like Phase 1 is Episode 1

Seed Destiny is the season 2

Thanks.

I have more questions (lol):
1. How many phases are there going to be total? How many are out now?

2. Season 2? You mean at the end of the 50 episodes of SEED, SEED isn't over? And how many seasons are there?

3. Is Gundam SEED Destiny licensed?

I don't expect anyone to know all of these, but worth a try.

Shuinryu 2004-10-17 20:51

1-Gundam Seed have 50 Phase

2-Hmmm...Yes is not over and nobody know how many season Gundam Seed will have

3-Destiny is not licensed

Kurono- 2004-10-17 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bflip
Thanks.

I have more questions (lol):
1. How many phases are there going to be total? How many are out now?

2. Season 2? You mean at the end of the 50 episodes of SEED, SEED isn't over? And how many seasons are there?

3. Is Gundam SEED Destiny licensed?

I don't expect anyone to know all of these, but worth a try.

1. Gundam SEED has 50 Phases.

2. I don't really consider it a seaon, more like a second series, a sequel. Destiny, I believe will have 50 episodes as well. Currently, only SEED and SEED Destiny are out and I think it was mentioned awhile back that Destiny was going to be the last of the Cosmic Era series... I'm not to sure. Maybe somebody else knows...

3. Destiny hasn't been licensed yet.

Bflip 2004-10-17 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurono-
1. Gundam SEED has 50 Phases.

2. I don't really consider it a seaon, more like a second series, a sequel. Destiny, I believe will have 50 episodes as well. Currently, only SEED and SEED Destiny are out and I think it was mentioned awhile back that Destiny was going to be the last of the Cosmic Era series... I'm not to sure. Maybe somebody else knows...

3. Destiny hasn't been licensed yet.

Thanks!

Hopefully I'll get into Destiny once I'm done with SEED.

brightman 2004-10-17 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurono-
I think it was mentioned awhile back that Destiny was going to be the last of the Cosmic Era series... I'm not to sure. Maybe somebody else knows...

No, that was just a mistranslation from Uke-Fansub's promo sub... For now, no one knows how much more anime they'll make for SEED. If Destiny is successful then it'll probably go on for a while.

Paiser 2004-10-17 21:40

HEY BRIGHT MAN!!!

C'mon... If a person ask how many ep is seed and wuts seed destiny
And they reply SeeD has 50 episode and Destiny is the 2nd season
Surely that has to ring some bells...

brightman 2004-10-17 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paiser
HEY BRIGHT MAN!!!

C'mon... If a person ask how many ep is seed and wuts seed destiny
And they reply SeeD has 50 episode and Destiny is the 2nd season
Surely that has to ring some bells...

HEY PAISER!!! :hmm:

Anyway, it's not SeeD, it's SEED. SeeD is something from Final Fantasy VIII... :heh:

Paiser 2004-10-17 22:52

okay... wuteverz....

I guess ill call it SEED

srb 2004-10-18 02:07

Destiny isn't licensed in the sense since Bandai hasn't told anyone "hands off" yet and announced a US release, but it's inevitable. Just hang along for the ride.

I'm sure that more people would stop downloading raws and licensed subs if the first DVD's (note, first) weren't released a year after it was licensed.

Sanjuronord 2004-10-18 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb
Destiny isn't licensed in the sense since Bandai hasn't told anyone "hands off" yet and announced a US release, but it's inevitable. Just hang along for the ride.

I'm sure that more people would stop downloading raws and licensed subs if the first DVD's (note, first) weren't released a year after it was licensed.

Amen, let's face it seeing at what point it was licensced..."by the moral codes of fansubbers" none of us should know how that series ended yet (for several more monthes even!). :heh:

Shuinryu 2004-10-18 14:13

Anyway, what mean SEED?

Komataguri 2004-10-18 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuinryu
Anyway, what mean SEED?


SEED is an acronym.

What its short for, I don't know :heh:

srb 2004-10-18 14:54

Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-Factor

Sanjuro: Bandai said "hands off" for SEED around 44 or something like that, didn't they?

brightman 2004-10-18 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-Factor

Sanjuro: Bandai said "hands off" for SEED around 44 or something like that, didn't they?

Well, they announced that they licensed it the day that episode aired, and then went around all the SEED fansubbers' IRC channels and told them to stop...

Of course, all that managed to do was to make new groups of fansubbers appear and sub the remaining part of the series...

Sanjuronord 2004-10-19 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-Factor

Sanjuro: Bandai said "hands off" for SEED around 44 or something like that, didn't they?

Can't remember the exact number but it was around there, it was somewhere around the Medel colony story.

brightman 2004-10-19 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Can't remember the exact number but it was around there, it was somewhere around the Medel colony story.

Like I said, it was on the day Ep 44 aired.

Komataguri 2004-10-19 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb
Destiny isn't licensed in the sense since Bandai hasn't told anyone "hands off" yet and announced a US release, but it's inevitable. Just hang along for the ride.

I'm sure that more people would stop downloading raws and licensed subs if the first DVD's (note, first) weren't released a year after it was licensed.

You forgot to mention the fact that they should lower prices, too.


I've seen anime DVDs [ Both movies and series disks ] as expensive as $35 for just the DVD. No special boxes or anything else, just your standard DVD box and what not.

srb 2004-10-19 09:34

Well, if you look around you can find good deals for DVD's (non-bootlegs or copies).

And do they really expect people to stop subbing and/or downloading with six episodes to go? I'm buying the DVD's (got the first one with the box and CD, ordering #2 and #3 now - and I'm not even in a R1 territory!) but they really should announce licenses earlier as well as getting the DVD's out sooner if they want people to stop downloading even though most Gundam fans that I know of buy the DVD's since Gundam is good for watching many, many times.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.