AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Newtypes in Destiny? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=22404)

gamerx 2004-10-18 08:31

Newtypes in Destiny?

I think newtypes are going to be involved in this war.It was already hinted in Seed of newtypes' existence(Fraga & Cruze) and we see another pair in Destiny now,add it to the fact that in Destiny we have already seen some common points with UC series(the zakus for example).I think there's probably newtypes.

brightman 2004-10-18 08:53

Astray spoilers

Spoiler:

So it seems that in CE at least, there'll indeed be plenty more Newtypes in the future.

pyu 2004-10-18 11:05

They already used the distinctive sound and sparkle effect in Seed and now in Destiny. So wouldn't be surprised to see Newtypes coming out... :)

Komataguri 2004-10-18 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyu
They already used the distinctive sound and sparkle effect in Seed and now in Destiny. So wouldn't be surprised to see Newtypes coming out... :)

Spoiler for Better safe then sorry:

Flying Dagger 2004-10-18 14:27

Newtype made into a coordinator who is also a druggie going into seed mode...?

srb 2004-10-18 14:56

That would be so overkill it wouldn't even be funny. :twitch:

sarcasteak 2004-10-18 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komataguri

They've had that sparkle/chime ever since the first Gundam series, so it's nothing new. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Dagger
Newtype made into a coordinator who is also a druggie going into seed mode...?

Athrun, Kira, Cagalli, Lacus, Shinn, Auel, Sting, Stellar, Lunamaria, Rey, and Neo should all have this huuuuuuuuge orgy and end up with that kid...he can probably remote control like 20+ Freedoms with METEOR and then TOTALLY rape every single mobile suit in Gundam history! He can start his own religion: "Freedom of Religion"! :heh:

Cellulax 2004-10-18 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komataguri

Kruz's Newtype flashes/spark/whatever weren't limited to Muu. It happened during the battle with Freedom too, so it's safe to say that he was a Newtype of some sort.

Sanjuronord 2004-10-18 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcasteak
They've had that sparkle/chime ever since the first Gundam series, so it's nothing new. :p

Athrun, Kira, Cagalli, Lacus, Shinn, Auel, Sting, Stellar, Lunamaria, Rey, and Neo should all have this huuuuuuuuge orgy and end up with that kid...he can probably remote control like 20+ Freedoms with METEOR and then TOTALLY rape every single mobile suit in Gundam history! He can start his own religion: "Freedom of Religion"! :heh:

That'll be the villain's gundam, "Religion Gundam"! Freedom and Justice vs Religion. I'm game. :heh:

sarcasteak 2004-10-18 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
That'll be the villain's gundam, "Religion Gundam"! Freedom and Justice vs Religion. I'm game. :heh:

Damn, you're even better than I am at this! :D

Evan 2004-10-18 22:38

What the...since when did Newtypes got to do with Religion Gundam and Villain's Gundam? lol

As for Newtypes making appearences in the Destiny story will be high,this story might conclude all the mystery? So I guess should reveal more of it. :)

wao 2004-10-19 02:18

I really want to see an explanation of the Newtype flash thing in this season, I hope they don't drag it to a 3rd season to explain... Do you think they'd do that? Yeah, they would. Bah.

Blaat 2004-10-19 02:25

An explaination of newtype powers or explaination on why they have it?

wao 2004-10-19 02:28

Why they have it, I suppose. It just seems odd. Why only in the Fraga family?

Maybe Mwu's grandfather was George Glenn, but then they changed name to avoid being killed :p

Evan 2004-10-19 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by wao
Why they have it, I suppose. It just seems odd. Why only in the Fraga family?

Maybe Mwu's grandfather was George Glenn, but then they changed name to avoid being killed :p

Let's just say Mwu's ancestor got those fetish for genes enhancement experiments and everything went wrong and thus leading to poor Fraga's family line....... :heh:

Oh what the heck..... :heh:

Blaat 2004-10-19 02:43

Well newtypes are supposed to use all of their brains (alas Tomino believed in the urban legend that we only use 10% of our brains) so perhaps Fraga's family have a genetic oddity which allowed them to use all of their brains and hence have newtype powers.

sarcasteak 2004-10-19 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by wao
I really want to see an explanation of the Newtype flash thing in this season, I hope they don't drag it to a 3rd season to explain... Do you think they'd do that? Yeah, they would. Bah.

Isn't it obvious? It's an inside-thing to the UC faithfuls so they can point and laugh at teh n00bs! :D

It's just accidental evolution through genetic modification; George was the first Newtype and MOST successfull Coordinator--Kira eventually turned out like him, too.

wao 2004-10-19 03:09

But is Mwu a Coordinator?

Actually, there's no proof he isn't...

JohnSilver 2004-10-19 06:30

The Newtypes in Seed look awfully downpowered compared to their UC versions, though. All they seem able to do is spot one another using their newtype cring/flash, and they don't seem to have ESP (as of now).

wao 2004-10-19 07:12

Yeah, well, I guess you can't have two separate uber-types in this world... you have SEED, and that's it...

If we were to make a stupid comparison thread, there's a few types to compare.

Plain Ol' Natural
Natural Newtype (since it's supposed to be an evolution? I'm not sure though. Mwu'd be one, I guess. And Neo. If they're not the same. I hope.)
Natural SEED (Cagalli, I assume)
Plain Ol' Coordinator
Coordinator Newtype (Cruz and Rey. Okay, I hope they're not the same. How can they be?! Rey is so hot but Cruz is all mask-type...)
Coordinator SEED (Athrun)
Coordinator SEED Newtype?! (Kira? Didn't he also have that flash thing once? Or is it my imagination?)

And then if they actually DO have a DESTINY mode, I'll.... <_< >_> v_v

Also, I wonder if we haven't seen the Newtype's full potential? Perhaps Mwu's l33t flying is his Newtype genes? Naww, I know it's his l33tness :>