AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Download Help (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Downloads Frozen in time (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=230)

KendoFoxx 2003-11-05 00:12

Downloads Frozen in time

I wonder if its just me, but lately when I have been downloading files via Bittorrent, regardless of the rate my download was going at, it all of a sudden freezes regardless of how well its doing. Whenever this occurs it causes major lag in my computer until the window is closed. I'm using Bittorrent 3.3

Edit: Seems I put this in the wrong section

Kamui4356 2003-11-05 04:06

That happens to me sometimes too. I just cancel the download and resume. As long as it's saved to the same file it'll be fine. Since it doesn't happen often and is easy to fix, I haven't bothered to try to find the source of the problem. I have noticed that it only occurs while downloading, not while uploading after the file finished, so it could be some corrupted data that it can't handle, but that's just a guess that isn't actually based on anything.

KendoFoxx 2003-11-05 19:41

It happens quite often for me. In fact I've been trying to download certain files and before it can even gain another percent of download it freezes again and since Bittorrent seems to save full downloaded pieces, I'm remaining frozen at a percentage indefinately. I've been downloading Anbu 's version of Naruto 47 and its been at 8% for the past 3 days.

b4k4 2003-11-06 00:30

I've noticed the same thing in BitTorrent 3.3. Also of interest: although I haven't looked at the code, it would seem there is a memory leak, particularly if there are multiple sessions open. For example, just after opening a torrent, the amount of memory used is >2MB, but after downloading/seeding for a few hours the amount used can jump to well over 50MB. Per instance. Bad for system speed.

KendoFoxx 2003-11-06 10:40

Opening a single torrent seems to fix the problem but limits how much stuff I'm downloading in one sitting. Oh well at least its downloading..

b4k4 2003-11-06 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by KendoFoxx
Opening a single torrent seems to fix the problem but limits how much stuff I'm downloading in one sitting. Oh well at least its downloading..

Try another client. I've switched to Azureus, and am rather happy with the results.

V3SPA 2003-11-06 15:36

yes, the same here. usually when its downloading at a rilly good pace too! =/ it seem to only happen when i set the priorty to HIGHEST tho, so i jus alwayz set it on HIGH. iono? it helps i guess wateva, as long as it gets done right? lolz

KendoFoxx 2003-11-07 04:07

Azureus? I'll try it but I'm not sure its the client that's giving me problem, because I was using Shadows Experimental and I was getting the same thing happening, but I'm willing to try anything.