AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Any other Mermaid's Forest Fans out there? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=2434)

Sunglare 2003-11-06 03:47

Mermaid scar is not licenced?

I swear to god i watch this years ago. Like back in the early 90's. Are we sure this isn't licenced?

NoSanninWa 2003-11-06 03:51

I assume that you are referring to the Mermaid's Forest TV series that is currently airing and being subbed by Live-eviL. It isn't licensed, but you probably did watch something very similar. Back in 1991 there was an OVA called Mermaid's Forest which was based on one of Rumiko Takahashi's short manga stories. The new TV series is based upon the rest of her mermaid stories.

Kempis Curious 2003-11-06 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I assume that you are referring to the Mermaid's Forest TV series that is currently airing and being subbed by Live-eviL. It isn't licensed, but you probably did watch something very similar. Back in 1991 there was an OVA called Mermaid's Forest which was based on one of Rumiko Takahashi's short manga stories. The new TV series is based upon the rest of her mermaid stories.

Oh. I was wondering that too.

^_^ Though not too much since I thought the OVA's were too depressing. Are the TV eps better?

-k

Snuble07 2003-11-07 04:38

Ive been watchin this series. One of my favorites this season, its worth checkin out...

Kempis Curious 2003-11-07 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snuble07
Ive been watchin this series. One of my favorites this season, its worth checkin out...

Ok.

Rumiko-sama has made some of the most important animes in the past, I think this deserves a look-see.

-k

Tommy 2003-12-09 05:16

Any other Mermaid's Forest Fans out there?

I definitly like this series. It has this wonderful dark feeling about it and the storys pretty good too. Although the monsters look a little goofy. Too bad the fan base isn't very big so we can get faster releases though.

Anyways who else is following this one?

Keitaro 2003-12-09 05:19

Im following it waiting for their next release which should be anytime now I hope.

NoSanninWa 2003-12-09 05:30

Heck yes! This show is so twisted and evil that I can't get it out of my head. Just when I think I've seen it all, this show provides a new variety of evil inflicted in the name of immortality. The eponymously titled chapter, episodes 4 and 5 particularly impressed me. I was totally blown away by the ending.

Nothing Special 2003-12-09 05:44

<-- Hooked after learning about the relationship between humans and mermaids. *shudder*

NoSanninWa read my mind. This series is both shocking and fascinating.

Tofusensei 2003-12-09 08:57

There's more coming, I was just stuck with finals! Bear with me :D

Glad there are fans for this show, though~

-Tofu

bOcyOgl 2003-12-09 09:06

Nice series. But i'm a bit bored seeing the immortals die again and again

i like the ED very much

Hao Asakura 2003-12-09 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothing Special
<-- Hooked after learning about the relationship between humans and mermaids. *shudder*

NoSanninWa read my mind. This series is both shocking and fascinating.

Yeah, the graphic quality for this series is not that good but the story itself is awesome. But one thing I don't like about the story is the main character guy keeps dying again and again in every episodes. Okay...we know that he is immortal but he should have value his life a bit more instead of getting reckless and die.

Go-lytely 2003-12-09 12:33

Well, the main guy just always happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Anyway, if you were immortal I bet you would be a little more reckless too. Heck I would be.

bOcyOgl 2003-12-09 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go-lytely
Well, the main guy just always happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Anyway, if you were immortal I bet you would be a little more reckless too. Heck I would be.

but everytime you die, you feel the pain of death... its not something u wanna feel again and again

Go-lytely 2003-12-13 03:36

Ep 7 was so heartbreaking and really creepy too. Natsume laying out the bones of another little girl so nonchalantly gave me goose bumps.

sothis 2003-12-13 05:08

if you guys like the tv version, you really should check out the original Mermaid Forest ova, as well as Mermaid's Scar. (the only version of mermaid's scar that is remotely available to download is dubbed, however).

Mermaid Forest TV is a retelling of the ova, and also has a loooot more back story. Mermaid's Scar is the sequel to Mermaid Forest, with the same characters.

i loved both, so i really love the tv series as well. both the original ova and scar are also really dark.

Tommy 2003-12-13 07:42

Quote:

Ep 7 was so heartbreaking and really creepy too. Natsume laying out the bones of another little girl so nonchalantly gave me goose bumps.

Episode 7 is out!?!?!? did you watch a subbed version or just a raw? I need answers man!!!

Tommy 2003-12-13 07:47

Ah hah! just found that sneaky little torrent on live-evils page hiding on the bottom. The wait is finally over awwww.

Aquillion 2003-12-13 11:20

Quote:

Spoiler:

Put spoilers in spoiler tags plzthx.

...though I'm glad you posted that so we know it's out.

Shii 2003-12-13 12:29

Love Witch, what do you think about the story?