AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   MS igloo (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=24538)

litbour 2004-11-29 08:23

MS igloo
 
Hmm recently heard abt tis ova which is totally CG....Saw the clip at the site and it seem quite nice....anyone got any info for this ova...i only know that it is currently only airing in bandai musem that all.

Here is the site http://www.msigloo.net/

brightman 2004-11-29 08:27

I think it'd be considered a "movie" and not an OVA, but whatever...

Anyway, basically its a CGI sidestory that takes place in the OYW.

Brief summary of the first two eps:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunota
Ep 1 - UC 0079. Support ship Jotunheim was transporting Jormungand, a prototype anti-ship cannon, to Side 5 (Loum) from Side 3. The 603rd Engineering Test Corps, the crew of the Jotunheim, consisted of college grads like Oliver May, elite officer Monique Cadillac, and original personnel from when the Jotunheim was a cargo/passenger ship, to veteran gunnery Alessandro Hemme. Both Lt. Hemme and the Jormungand await the order to fire as the battle goes on...

Ep 2 - The Jotunheim and the 603rd Engineering Test Corps were given new orders for the Earth Invasion. Their mission was to safely drop the prototype Mobile Tank Hildolfr, which was originally rejected 2 years ago, and do its evaulation test. The Komusai carrying Hildolfr decended onto Earth, but was attacked by Federation Forces. A battle begins between the Federation Force and Hildolfr.

The CG in this movie don't look so good though... Looks like it came out of a 3D game or something. So don't expect something on the level of the Final Fantasy movie...

Komataguri 2004-11-29 13:55

Oh.

My.

Fucking.

God.

!


MS igLoo looks fucking AWESOME!!!!!

OMFG I WANT IT SO BAD!

and I think the 3d was god damn amazing.

ryogax 2004-11-29 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komataguri
Oh.

My.

Fucking.

God.

!


MS igLoo looks fucking AWESOME!!!!!

OMFG I WANT IT SO BAD!

and I think the 3d was god damn amazing.

Actually the 3d sucks..
Its not even in a level of toy story...

Maceart 2006-01-24 21:59

Why are you guys only looking at the animation? The story was pretty good, for someone like me, who has never seen any of Tomino's Gundams, Igloo was pretty awesome. At least there no repeated cells in any of the 3 episodes, and the 2nd was was just flat out kicks ass.

Komataguri 2006-01-24 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maceart
Why are you guys only looking at the animation? The story was pretty good, for someone like me, who has never seen any of Tomino's Gundams, Igloo was pretty awesome. At least there no repeated cells in any of the 3 episodes, and the 2nd was was just flat out kicks ass.


Hildolfr for the win, baby.


That thing kicked so much ass.

neodrag38 2006-01-24 22:15

Spoiler for For ep 2 Just in case:

brightman 2006-01-24 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maceart
Why are you guys only looking at the animation?

Because you are replying to a thread from more than a year ago, before the DVDs were released, and none of us had seen the series, and were only judging from the promos? :rolleyes:

Geez, stop bringing back dead threads. Make a new one next time. ;)

Anyway, yes, Ep 2's Hildolfr battle was definitely my favorite battle in the three episodes so far, mainly because the mobile suits look and move so much better on the ground. Great effects too.

wingdarkness 2006-01-24 23:12

I still have this thing on my hardrive, can't bring myself to watch it yet...For the same reason I haven't watch G-Savior yet (also on my HD)...I just have this wall that I have to jump over and that's 100% CG Gundams...I sneeked a peek at IGLOO and was like, "OK this can go to the back-burner..." I'm so judgemental when it comes to totally CG stuff...I hated Transformers BEAST WARS and from that spawned an unatural blahzzay-blahzzay attitude toward total CG stuff...I do like the Final Fantasy movie from a few years back and the first Animatrix short...I also think FF: Advent Children looks awesome, but IGLOO doesn't have CG characters on this level...I'll force myself to watch it real soon though because that's the only way I can be fair...

So I take it episode 2 is a new OVA?

Komataguri 2006-01-24 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I still have this thing on my hardrive, can't bring myself to watch it yet...For the same reason I haven't watch G-Savior yet (also on my HD)...I just have this wall that I have to jump over and that's 100% CG Gundams...I sneeked a peek at IGLOO and was like, "OK this can go to the back-burner..." I'm so judgemental when it comes to totally CG stuff...I hated Transformers BEAST WARS and from that spawned an unatural blahzzay-blahzzay attitude toward total CG stuff...I do like the Final Fantasy movie from a few years back and the first Animatrix short...I also think FF: Advent Children looks awesome, but IGLOO doesn't have CG characters on this level...I'll force myself to watch it real soon though because that's the only way I can be fair...

So I take it episode 2 is a new OVA?


Igloo is awesome, Dude. Get over it and watch it, Now.

Specially episode 2.

RX-93 HI-NU 2006-01-24 23:25

Seconded, Ep 2 of igloo = instant win.

Cloud_Nave 2006-01-25 02:42

Dude, if u judge things by how they look, then u're gonna miss out on alot of the classics


EXAMPLE =========> SPACEBALLS the movie, by Mel Brooks


But ya, you should be more open about things, watch them for story with the bonus of action.

PS MS IGLOO IS KICKASS, even for CG that doesn't match up to Toy Story

Optimaximal 2006-01-25 08:56

Who cares if the CG doesn't match up with Pixar stuff... It's done on a lower budget in a much shorter time span for a convention, not mass public consumption...

And personally I think the CGI is great... sure the characters are a tad wooden but the mechanics are just amazing... They got the AMBAC effects right in episode 1 and the Hildolfr was just brilliant!

brightman 2006-01-25 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingdarkness
So I take it episode 2 is a new OVA?

Its old. Though it hasn't been fansubbed until now.

And really, if UC fans can tolerate animation like those in First Gundam, they should be open-minded enough to watch something like MS Igloo... Especially since it has such an unconventional (though repetitive) story.

wingdarkness 2006-01-25 10:57

^Oh I have no problem with older animation...I can watch stuff like Fist of the North Star all day....I also never use animation as a crutch when examining//comparing Gundam series...I just have a basic disposition against total CG series or series where real humans exist in these obviously digital looking worlds(obviously stuff like the more recent Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate are far better because of budgets and are acceptable to me)...That's why I don't ever watch stuff like Babylon5 or Farscape (there are many more)...it's hard for me to accept the way it looks...I find it tacky alot of times and once I feel that way I can't take it seriously anymore...I mean I know what I am saying is not fair here, but like I said i will watch it at some point to be fair...

maohayato 2006-01-25 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I still have this thing on my hardrive, can't bring myself to watch it yet...For the same reason I haven't watch G-Savior yet (also on my HD)...I just have this wall that I have to jump over and that's 100% CG Gundams...I sneeked a peek at IGLOO and was like, "OK this can go to the back-burner..." I'm so judgemental when it comes to totally CG stuff...I hated Transformers BEAST WARS and from that spawned an unatural blahzzay-blahzzay attitude toward total CG stuff...I do like the Final Fantasy movie from a few years back and the first Animatrix short...I also think FF: Advent Children looks awesome, but IGLOO doesn't have CG characters on this level...I'll force myself to watch it real soon though because that's the only way I can be fair...

So I take it episode 2 is a new OVA?

if you do not watch MS Igloo ep 1 you will miss Char's badassness.
so watch it, or else you'll regret not seeing him in action.

wingdarkness 2006-01-25 14:39

^
:eyebrow: Char you say....

That may have been the kick in the a$$ I needed...

Deacon Blues 2006-01-25 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightman
Its old. Though it hasn't been fansubbed until now.

And really, if UC fans can tolerate animation like those in First Gundam, they should be open-minded enough to watch something like MS Igloo... Especially since it has such an unconventional (though repetitive) story.

I wouldn't say that igLoo is reprtitive. There's very little talk of the war in the episodes really. It's focused mainly on the testing of the suits and outside elements that conflict with it.

BigPrime 2006-01-25 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^
:eyebrow: Char you say....

That may have been the kick in the a$$ I needed...

Char has a cameo. You never see him in person but he and his Red Comet Zaku kick much arse at Loum. If you've ever wanted to see what Loum was like, it's well worth the watch. Heck, it's worth the watch just for seeing spaceships act like spaceships and maneuvering in three dimensions. Sure the 3d isn't perfect (that takes a lot of money, the sort only George Lucas and Peter Jackson can throw around), but it's on par with say, Roughnecks: Starship Trooper Chronicles, so it's more than watchable.

brightman 2006-01-25 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
I wouldn't say that igLoo is reprtitive. There's very little talk of the war in the episodes really. It's focused mainly on the testing of the suits and outside elements that conflict with it.

Yes, but it just has too much of a "monster-of-the-week" feel... Except the monster is in the main character's side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPrime
Sure the 3d isn't perfect (that takes a lot of money, the sort only George Lucas and Peter Jackson can throw around), but it's on par with say, Roughnecks: Starship Trooper Chronicles, so it's more than watchable.

Good 3D movies aren't as uncommon as you make it seem... Just ask Square-Enix. But MS Igloo just isn't a high-budget series, and it shows. They didn't even bother to do motion capture for their human and/or mobile suit models, and and perhaps that resulted in the rather unrealistic movement and facial expression.

But still, it looks fine enough, especially the ground battle in Ep 2.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.