AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The best and worst of 2004! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=25603)

JubeiYamazaki 2004-12-21 22:45

The best and worst of 2004!
 
This thread is dedicated to what you thought was the best and worst of this year, for anything, books, movies, music, decisions anything.

Best mainstream movie: Tie with
Shrek 2: Comedy, and fairytales twisted for all to enjoy! Awsome!

Spiderman 2: Spiderman returns once again to kick ass and take names, and he dare I say it, he does it again! Lets hope he can repeat the act one more time.

Dawn of the Dead: Zombies? Guns? Comedy? Random killing? This movie has it all, and then some.

Napoleon Dynamite: Words cannot explain this film, so I won't try.

Worst mainstream movie:
Van Helsing: I was about to add Godsend but the mere fact that I'd rather watch that shit again instead of Van Helsing, I decided not to. This movie sucked on so many levels, even the ending was corny, and I LOVE corny films, and Helsing couldn't even do THAT right. Monster Squad > Van Helsing in film making and monster killing.

Best new animated show: Ties with
Justice League Unlimited: Cut to half an hour but with way more heroes this show has yet to disappoint in itself first season.
Monster: Deep, interesting, and totally story driven, one of my favorite books comes to life and becomes one of my favorite animes of the year.
Drawn Together: There is no emoticon to express how I feel... oh wait! Yes there is: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh:

Worst new animated show:
PuffyAmiYumi: I am totally biased since I hate them with a passion execpt their manager Tamio Okuda, assuming he's still their manager, but yeah this show sucks so bad its in a vortex of itself sucking over and over.



Best TV show:
Desperate Housewives: Never missed a second of this show, truely a mind-bender with their plot twists, grade-A humor, and just fun to watch, yes its pretty white people with problems, but adult problems.

Worst TV show:
Method and Redman: Just wow.

I'll add more when I have time, but rant on what you think is top dog and what wasn't!

diabolistic 2004-12-21 22:55

best thread of 2004
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7286

Bflip 2004-12-22 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
This thread is dedicated to what you thought was the best and worst of this year, for anything, books, movies, music, decisions anything.

Best mainstream movie: Tie with
Shrek 2: Comedy, and fairytales twisted for all to enjoy! Awsome!

Spiderman 2: Spiderman returns once again to kick ass and take names, and he dare I say it, he does it again! Lets hope he can repeat the act one more time.

Dawn of the Dead: Zombies? Guns? Comedy? Random killing? This movie has it all, and then some.

Napoleon Dynamite: Words cannot explain this film, so I won't try.

Worst mainstream movie:
Van Helsing: I was about to add Godsend but the mere fact that I'd rather watch that shit again instead of Van Helsing, I decided not to. This movie sucked on so many levels, even the ending was corny, and I LOVE corny films, and Helsing couldn't even do THAT right. Monster Squad > Van Helsing in film making and monster killing.

Best new animated show: Ties with
Justice League Unlimited: Cut to half an hour but with way more heroes this show has yet to disappoint in itself first season.
Monster: Deep, interesting, and totally story driven, one of my favorite books comes to life and becomes one of my favorite animes of the year.
Drawn Together: There is no emoticon to express how I feel... oh wait! Yes there is: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh:

Worst new animated show:
PuffyAmiYumi: I am totally biased since I hate them with a passion execpt their manager Tamio Okuda, assuming he's still their manager, but yeah this show sucks so bad its in a vortex of itself sucking over and over.



Best TV show:
Desperate Housewives: Never missed a second of this show, truely a mind-bender with their plot twists, grade-A humor, and just fun to watch, yes its pretty white people with problems, but adult problems.

Worst TV show:
Method and Redman: Just wow.

I'll add more when I have time, but rant on what you think is top dog and what wasn't!


My vote for the worst opinion of 2004 goes right here.

JubeiYamazaki 2004-12-22 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bflip
My vote for the worst opinion of 2004 goes right here.

And we have a winner for worst attempt at flaming. Maybe next year.

Sanjuronord 2004-12-22 08:35

Best Movie of 2004 that you Didn't See: Shaun of the Dead. That movie should have been a much bigger hit, but think it's going to end up as a cult film now. British comedy with zombies...who knew it could work so well?

Worst Movie of 2004: Resident Evil: Crapocalypse. Couple close contenders though. The Forgotten was terrible but the first half was alright but ruined by the revelation halfway through it. Aliens vs Predator also was bad but it took awhile before you realize it (because it takes a while till you see Aliens or Predators...duh). But Resident Evil 2 was the worst for sucking from the get go.

Best thing to happen to television in 2004: Announce they're making a fourth season of Family Guy, though I don't they're airing till 2005 (couldn't think of anything else, I'm a pessimist).

Worst thing to happen to television in 2004: G4/TechTv merger. What used to be a good channel is now a channel for 8 year olds... Why G4 will never work? They program the channel for an audience in school during school.

Ending 2004-12-22 10:46

The best event of this year: Found anime. :)
The worst: BT sites getting afraid. Bloody cowards (...Suprnova...) :mad:

_Sin_ 2004-12-22 10:49

The best member of the year 2004: _Sin_

killmoms 2004-12-22 14:39

Best movie of the year: Tie between "Hero" and "I <3 Huckabees"

Worst movie of the year: Tie between "Blade: Trinity" and "Resident Evil: Apocalypse"

Best new album of the year: Mogwai's "Happy Songs for Happy People"

Worst new album of the year: Anything by Jessica Simpson. Yuck.

Best new TV show of the year: House, Tuesday nights at 9PM on FOX, WATCH IT.

Worst new TV show of the year: [insert reality series here]

phoenixfire92983 2004-12-22 16:30

You forgot to add Ashely Simpson to the worst music hehe :)

Roots 2004-12-22 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabolistic


No way dude, that is far from the best thread of 2004.


Now this was definitely the best thread of 2004!!!

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7872 = win :D

monir 2004-12-22 16:49

Best event of the year: Mr. Bush is re-elected and attempts to revive social security for the future generation.

Worst event of the year: Chinese sends astronauts in space and has booming economy.

Did I just mingle my best and worst choices?

OutPhase 2004-12-22 16:53

Biggest deal on AnimeSuki of 2004: Media Works demands their works taken off of AnimeSuki.

Most agreesive member nominations:

1. Me: You know, for jumping the gun like I have a chip on my sholder.
2. Sid_Burn: Hey, it takes guts and hard-headedness to create half a dozen accounts.

Two nominations, but only ONE can win.


Worst members of 2004:

1. K9Platnum685
2. Cookie (short-lived)
3. Sid_Burn


The real worst new animated show of 2004:

Rugrats: All Grown Up


Worst CG in a kids show for 2004:

Power Rangers (Dino Force) I literally laughed my ass off seeing how crappy it looked. I couldn't breathe for 5 minutes after first witnessing it. Since when did they have extending grappling hands? :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

Tommy 2004-12-22 20:26

Best new anime series of 04 Paranoia Agent.

JOJOS'STAR 2004-12-22 20:58

I must agree with you Roots that virgin guy thread was the best/worst :confused: thread of 2004.

Kempis Curious 2004-12-22 21:04

I saw an episode of Super Milkchan.
Pity me, for I was so disgusted I chewed my own leg off to distract my brain from what I just saw.
I'm still angry about it. :( What an unbelieveably putrid piece of crap.

-k

aahhsin 2004-12-22 21:08

Worst Animesuki Mod of 2004 - NoSanninWa

Xris came a close second, but I don't know what NSW is and that scares me.

ChoBaka 2004-12-23 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Napoleon Dynamite: Words cannot explain this film, so I won't try.

IDIOT!

Pedro offers you his protection.

;)

NoSanninWa 2004-12-23 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by aahhsin
Worst Animesuki Mod of 2004 - NoSanninWa

Xris came a close second, but I don't know what NSW is and that scares me.

I'm honored that you found me so outstanding!

The best member of the year 2004: _Sin_. That's two votes for _Sin_!

Most amusing signature of the year 2004: _Sin_. Definitely NOT boring! :p

Shay 2004-12-23 17:00

Funniest sig of the year goes to Lexander's short lived dancing underpants banner. :heh:

Most aggressive member has to be aahhsin for his crushing signature ratings.

Best mod of the year is xris. (He knows why, thanks xris. ;) )

_Sin_ 2004-12-23 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I'm honored that you found me so outstanding!

The best member of the year 2004: _Sin_. That's two votes for _Sin_!

Most amusing signature of the year 2004: _Sin_. Definitely NOT boring! :p

Listen to him, the NSW never lies! Anyone else who wants to boost my already gigantic ego? :heh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.