AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Maria-sama (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Marimite fighting game (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=25782)

lolicon 2004-12-25 10:55

Marimite fighting game

here

Looks really fun, but seems to only have a demo out right now. If someone could figure out the controls and so forth, could you please post?

http://www.dk-soft.com/marib00.jpg
http://www.dk-soft.com/marib01.jpg
http://www.dk-soft.com/marib02.jpg
http://www.dk-soft.com/marib04.jpg

lolicon 2004-12-25 11:54

okay... here's what I've figured out so far..

controls by default are the four arrow keys and Z, X, and C.

for the menu, Z is accept and X is cancel.

My PS2 pad adapter has some problems with this game, and I had to unplug it to get any of the controls working right.

You can only select two characters in the demo, Yumi and Yoshino.

EDIT: Direct link to the demo is here. (about 91 megs, but slooooooooooooooooooooooooow)

Bracken33 2004-12-25 12:57

LOL, that is interesting. Yoshino will own them all.

The Yellow Dwarf 2004-12-25 13:48

Wow this is so cool. I'll definitely get it when it comes out (hopefully). I can't dl the demo though, it's slowww. BTW, is this a tag team battle?

(Is it just me or does that swordslash Rei does look like something stolen from MB's Nanaya Shiki's 236B?)

BonBon 2004-12-25 16:13

Hehehe! That's one of the funniest things I've seen in ages! What sort of mind thinks up a marimite beat-em-up??

baik! 2004-12-25 16:59

looks like most of the staples will be in there; i see graduation ceremony fan attack and rolling racoon attack!!!! lol :D

kinda hard to imagine these temperate-natured girls going at it, though. :p

BonBon 2004-12-25 18:01

Aw, that's so much fun, and so silly! I love the way they call one another's names when you switch. Is this in any way official? I MUST have the full version!

We should probably try to work out special attacks.

If z=light, x=heavy and c=switch, all I've managed so far have been the simple special attacks like D,F+heavy, D,B+heavy and the super-versions which are (for Yoshino and Yumi) D,F,D,F+heavy.

But I wanna turn Yumi into a panda! Anyone figured that one out yet?

Archaic 2004-12-25 21:47

Please let this be available at the winter Comike. Please let this be available at the winter Comike. Please let this be available at the winter Comike.....

Sailor Enlil 2004-12-25 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolicon
okay... here's what I've figured out so far..

controls by default are the four arrow keys and Z, X, and C.

for the menu, Z is accept and X is cancel.

My PS2 pad adapter has some problems with this game, and I had to unplug it to get any of the controls working right.

You can only select two characters in the demo, Yumi and Yoshino.

EDIT: Direct link to the demo is here. (about 91 megs, but slooooooooooooooooooooooooow)

Slow? Not to me. I'm using Freshdownload (a download accelerator), and it's coming in at 80kBytes/sec for me (perhaps it helps that I'm on ADSL at 768kbps, and I'm near Japan).

Sailor Enlil 2004-12-25 22:43

Hehe see what happens to that website if you use the World Lingo service (it was from there that I learned there's a bug in one of the demo versions).

Click the link below, then choose Japanese as "Source Language" and English as "Target Language" and click Translate
Marimite Fighting Game Website with Translator

lolicon 2004-12-26 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Hehe see what happens to that website if you use the World Lingo service (it was from there that I learned there's a bug in one of the demo versions).

Click the link below, then choose Japanese as "Source Language" and English as "Target Language" and click Translate
Marimite Fighting Game Website with Translator

Sisters opposition grapple game!!

Now, if someone could just translate the big picture with all the text in it..

kj1980 2004-12-26 04:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaic
Please let this be available at the winter Comike. Please let this be available at the winter Comike. Please let this be available at the winter Comike.....

Thursday, West Hall, あ-51b

Sailor Enlil 2004-12-26 07:29

(never mind; got it working now)

Archaic 2004-12-26 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
Thursday, West Hall, あ-51b

....I could glomp you for that. Thanks a lot, I was having trouble finding them in this catalogue. :bow: Of course, if I had any intelligence in me, I would've just checked the main page of that domain. *Slaps himself in the forehead* Oh well. Now I just have to hope it isn't sold out.

JokerD 2004-12-29 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonBon
Aw, that's so much fun, and so silly! I love the way they call one another's names when you switch. Is this in any way official? I MUST have the full version!

We should probably try to work out special attacks.

If z=light, x=heavy and c=switch, all I've managed so far have been the simple special attacks like D,F+heavy, D,B+heavy and the super-versions which are (for Yoshino and Yumi) D,F,D,F+heavy.

But I wanna turn Yumi into a panda! Anyone figured that one out yet?

in the html files that come with the demo there's a move list for both yoshino and yumi.
there's 2 supers, d,f,d,f+Heavy and f,b,d,f+heavy

Sailor Enlil 2004-12-30 13:35

Does anyone know how to make this demo use a game controller like the MS Sidewinder Gamepad in the actual gameplay? The menu portion recognizes my controller, but when I start the game, the controller is no longer working and the game only responds to the keyboard.

Archaic 2004-12-31 19:24

I now have the full version of the game. (Was the 2nd person to buy a copy. Was waiting in the queue from midnight just for this. ^^;; ) I'll post a review later, once I've had a chance to properly play it.

Archaic 2004-12-31 20:34

Prelim Verdict:
Is it a fun little romp? Yes
Is it the next Melty Blood, Eternal Fighter Zero or Queen of Heart? No.

The game really suffers IMO from a lack of characters and a lack of depth. Having only 8 characters (Of which you'll be using 2 at any one time), and only two buttons for attack doesn't give you very many options to begin with, and the AI's not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box. It was probably worth my 2000 yen just to see them turn Sei into a Zangief character through the glomps though. ^^;;;

Now if only we'd been allowed to use some of the more minor characters from the series, outside the rose families, or the new 1st year students. The expansion for next comike perhaps?

Sailor Enlil 2004-12-31 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaic
turn Sei into a Zangief character through the glomps. ^^;;;

WHA???? :twitch:

Archaic 2005-01-01 03:04

I'm serious. She's a pure grapple character, and her main special attacks are direct rips from Zangief, right down to the 360 degree rotation to pull it off.