AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Air (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Air - Questions and Answers! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26310)

xris 2005-12-17 10:20

Air - Questions and Answers!
 
This thread is for those with questions about the Air anime, movie, manga or game. Please keep discussion about episodes in the relevant threads, the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or game.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the game (or any non-anime source). Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read this FAQ

Spoiler tag example
[spoiler]Text to be hidden[/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler:

NightWish 2005-12-17 11:42

Recovered Thread Content
 
Spoiler:

animeloon 2005-12-21 06:09

watched air tv 1-12..however still can't understand the ending.

1. who's the 2 kids at the end?are they related to yukito and mizusu?

frad113 2005-12-21 20:44

Quoted from the "spoiler" above:
Quote:

1)Misuzu dies and her soul returns to the sky but this time with happy memories she got from having spent the time with her mother. There's a bit more to it though. There's debate as to whether or not the two kids seen in the ending were yukito and misuzu reincarnated.

Leo_Otaku 2005-12-22 22:58

Nobody really knows. They represent "a new beginning".

Casius 2005-12-25 00:01

All these twists and turns and confusing storyline, I think are one of the main reasons that made this anime great

Paper Lilies 2005-12-26 23:48

^^
 
Should I Watch the Special, or movie first after the series?

Neaco 2005-12-27 01:28

The special is based on the series, so it's preferrable to see the two summer eps to finish off the series.

The AIR movie for all intents and purposes is a standalone alternate telling of the AIR story. Watch it first before the tv series or you can watch it last after seeing the series but keep the two as separate.

Leo_Otaku 2005-12-27 22:26

Totally watch the TV series first then watch the movie or special next. The movie didn't have the emotional impact and may leave the series with less?

sniperz 2005-12-28 07:22

so basically i wan to know the ending

air the movie : mizusu became a angel after she's fevered out*

air 1-13: ??? wats the ending?


juz need to know..

celcius 2005-12-28 20:39

Leo_Otaku:
Or, watch the movie but skip the Aozora scene. I know I'm doing that xD

sniperz:
Spoiler:

eLcHaKeTeRo 2005-12-31 07:47

i stumbled onto this series...and i liked it and since it was so short i though that it hadnt ended.....but i guess i was wrong....this was a time filler between bleach episodes, but a GREAT filler at that

Spoiler:

frad113 2005-12-31 19:09

Actually, I'd say that "Bleach is filler between Air episodes" is the more correct way to put it - but I guess that really depends on the person. As for your question, refer to the second post from the top.

eLcHaKeTeRo 2006-01-01 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by frad113
Actually, I'd say that "Bleach is filler between Air episodes" is the more correct way to put it - but I guess that really depends on the person. As for your question, refer to the second post from the top.


we'll just agree to disagree....but it still doesnt take anything away from air.....i really liked it alot though


Spoiler:



and thanks for the answer to my previous question

frad113 2006-01-01 02:59

No problem, it wasn't all that difficult to answer. ;)

Frozen_Skye 2006-01-01 08:30

I read over the posts and was extremely glad that it shed light on alot of things that I was struggling to understand. However, the only thing that I'm still very confused about is Yukito as a crow. In the flashbacks, the story was told from the crow's pov (i think) and it seems the crow was there all along. But Yukito supposedly only turned into the crow after Misuzu got all feverish. So why did it appear like Yukito the bird was there throughout the entire story?

eLcHaKeTeRo 2006-01-01 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen_Skye
I read over the posts and was extremely glad that it shed light on alot of things that I was struggling to understand. However, the only thing that I'm still very confused about is Yukito as a crow. In the flashbacks, the story was told from the crow's pov (i think) and it seems the crow was there all along. But Yukito supposedly only turned into the crow after Misuzu got all feverish. So why did it appear like Yukito the bird was there throughout the entire story?


OMG......dont u read?.....that was my question!......like he said refer to the second post from the top........im not tryin to be an ass....but i just asked that question....its in the spoiler tag, which u obviously disreguarded..its post num. 12

Frozen_Skye 2006-01-01 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
OMG......dont u read?.....that was my question!......like he said refer to the second post from the top........im not tryin to be an ass....but i just asked that question....its in the spoiler tag, which u obviously disreguarded..its post num. 12

I'm sorry but I srsly tried going thru that mega long post. Maybe its insane length just spins me out but I can't seem to spot the answer to my question. There's very sufficient discussion about WHY he turned into a crow (which I finally understand thanks to that post) but I am still a bit confused as to the timeline/flashback issue. I'd appreciate it if u could perhaps quote the part which answers my question. Thanks!

eLcHaKeTeRo 2006-01-01 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen_Skye
I'm sorry but I srsly tried going thru that mega long post. Maybe its insane length just spins me out but I can't seem to spot the answer to my question. There's very sufficient discussion about WHY he turned into a crow (which I finally understand thanks to that post) but I am still a bit confused as to the timeline/flashback issue. I'd appreciate it if u could perhaps quote the part which answers my question. Thanks!

......ok......i hope this answers ur question..........
Quote:

Finally a word about Sora the crow.

As tragic as it is that Yukito seems to have run away and abandoned Misuzu when she really needed him and cared for him, he did the right thing. He'd gone as far as the two could go with the way things were. Had Yukito stayed as the freeloader at the Kamio house, Misuzu would have died without reaching her goal. Yukito may have lived on, or he may have died within a year anyway, like his ancestor Ryuuyu had 1000 years earlier. This would have solved nothing.

Instead, like his mother before him, he placed his heart, his wish, into the doll while he still had power, while he was still strong. His wish was to be by Misuzu's side forever and to help her reach her goal, and to save the girl in the sky, Kanna, fufilling Ryuuyu's 1000 year old wish. In the final three episodes Yukito, as Sora
rarely leaves Misuzu's side. He intervenes when Haruko tosses away Misuzu's birthday gift, the baby dinosaur, and alerts Haruko to its presence at the temple towards the end. Misuzu tries her best to reach the dinosaur and succeeds, a rehearsal perhaps for reaching her ultimate goal.

But why a crow? Haruko's (some say corny) speech at the end should give us a clue. Humans cannot fly in the sky, but birds can. After Misuzu reaches her goal, Sora flies away to find the girl in the sky who's still alone to bring her back for a new beginning.
What is the use of wings which cannot flap nor fly?
It's to remind us of those happy memories from when we could fly.

What is the use of friends or family who ultimately die or leave?
The happy memories they leave behind.
.....its kinda like im doin ur homework........lol

frad113 2006-01-01 18:38

At that moment in time in episode 7, Yukito-san put all his will power into saving Misuzu and "became" Sora. Thus, the space-time continium was altered and the Yukito-san in episodes 10, 11 and 12 was no longer the same Yukito-san who was there before. Or something like that. I'm probably wrong, we have to wait for Rugal to come back here and explain again. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.