AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Blood+ TV Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26421)

Knox 2005-12-18 18:51

Blood+ TV Series
 
So, who here's watching it?

I recently started with the series and got up to date with the anime within a week. I think the story is really deep and engaging and the animation is just beautiful.

So yeah, it's a thumbs up from me.

Oh and also, would anyone recomend seeing the movie; Blood: The last vampire before I continue with the series, or is it not really neccessary?

mycen 2005-12-18 18:54

Blood+ TV Series
 
I couldn't find the old Blood+ thread so I started a new one...
If the original thread is found or restored please merge with this new thread..

Ep11 Screencaps and Summary

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2005/12/17/blood-11/

Yuiichi 2005-12-18 18:55

Yay for Blood! It's one of the series that I'm enjoying watching the most.

As for your question about Blood: The Last Vampire; although I haven't seen it myself, a friend tells me that it's not absolutely necessary to watch it first. It would probably provide a little bit of backstory and maybe allow you to be privvy to some insider info that they talk about in the show as well. Other than that, Blood + seems to be a good standalone anime.

Knox 2005-12-18 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Yay for Blood! It's one of the series that I'm enjoying watching the most.

As for your question about Blood: The Last Vampire; although I haven't seen it myself, a friend tells me that it's not absolutely necessary to watch it first. It would probably provide a little bit of backstory and maybe allow you to be privvy to some insider info that they talk about in the show as well. Other than that, Blood + seems to be a good standalone anime.

Yeah, I think I might check it out just for the hell of it. I mean I've got 2 weeks off school, what else to do? WEll other than hit 60 on warcraft. :P

I agree with you about it being a series that I enjoy watching the most. I just wish I could find some other animes that apeal to me as much as this and bleach.

mycen 2005-12-18 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knox
So, who here's watching it?

I recently started with the series and got up to date with the anime within a week. I think the story is really deep and engaging and the animation is just beautiful.

So yeah, it's a thumbs up from me.

Oh and also, would anyone recomend seeing the movie; Blood: The last vampire before I continue with the series, or is it not really neccessary?

The movie is pretty short -- about 40 minutes total..
Though interesting.. it is definatley not necessary to watch that before this series..

Fafnir 2005-12-18 19:59

Awsome show, although I havn't seen the movie....

Although it would be nice to see Saya actually do something, Hagi can't kill them, he can beat the crap out of them, but he can't kill them....

Also, is Hagi a Chiropteran?

ShellyKukai 2005-12-18 22:38

The thread is back :D

About Haji...
Spoiler:

MeggieMay 2005-12-18 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellyKukai
The thread is back :D

About Haji...
Spoiler:

Actually, this has nothing to do with whether Haji is a Chiropteran or not

Spoiler:

XXaNg31oFd34tHXX 2005-12-19 00:20

i've been wondering this for awhile, but does anyone know if haji is more than just a servant to saya?

ShellyKukai 2005-12-19 00:50

We don't really know the extent of thier past relationship but it seems like it must have been pretty deep.
I looked up that defenition as well.

SmartChick 2005-12-19 01:42

Episode 11 was great
Spoiler:

Kamion 2005-12-19 06:52

I just started this Series and I really enjoy it... Can't wait to catch up ^_^"

Knox 2005-12-19 07:43

Does anyone know what day the Shinsen Subs release of Blood+ comes out. Coz I've just downloaded all the ones that were out and watched them, so it'd be nice to know the release day of the rest of the series so I can get it as soon as possible. :P

Yuiichi 2005-12-19 10:51

Shinsen doesn't really seem to have a release schedual. They release whenever they feel like it :) And this is fine with me; their releases are excellent.

As for Haji - he hasn't always seemed to have that Chiropetan arm, as we saw in a flashback. I think that their relationship was a lot deeper in the past. We'll have to wait and see more flashbacks.

What I'm wondering is what Delta 67 is. Anyone have any ideas?

Knox 2005-12-19 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Shinsen doesn't really seem to have a release schedual. They release whenever they feel like it :) And this is fine with me; their releases are excellent.

As for Haji - he hasn't always seemed to have that Chiropetan arm, as we saw in a flashback. I think that their relationship was a lot deeper in the past. We'll have to wait and see more flashbacks.

What I'm wondering is what Delta 69 (or is it 67?) is. Anyone have any ideas?

From what I can gather, Delta 67 is the drug the US Army used to turn people into Chiproten(sp?).

What is confusing me is the whole wine thing.

Kamion 2005-12-19 15:18

Yeah, no clue what that wine is all about... at first I thought they'd smuggle the D67 in it, but then it was said, that they ordered the Wine from some company...
But wasn't it shipped from Vietnam? Maybe they really smuggled at least an important ingredient.

At first I thought D67 is just Blood from a Chiropteran, but that was disproven when that Candy Guy said something about "I want to see the Delta 67 you're making"...

Well... I'm looking forward to more :)
A really interesting series :O

mytrivo 2005-12-19 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuiichi
What I'm wondering is what Delta 67 is. Anyone have any ideas?


Delta 67 seems to be a drug developed to turn people into Chiropterans, probably to try to use them as military weapons since the Army seems to be the ones experimenting with it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamion
Yeah, no clue what that wine is all about... at first I thought they'd smuggle the D67 in it, but then it was said, that they ordered the Wine from some company...
But wasn't it shipped from Vietnam? Maybe they really smuggled at least an important ingredient.


Going from my memory of previous episodes, it looks like they may have brought D67 into Japan hidden in a shipment of wine. The winery in VietNam is owned by a French company and the Candy Man seems to be French (at least I see him that way). Pure conjecture here: the Army probably places an order thru a wine distributor for a certain label, vintage, year etc. of wine from the Vietnam winery. The distributor wouldn't even know it wasn't truly wine. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. :p

SirHellsing420 2005-12-19 18:52

This is a great series and I have been enjoying it much. The wine subject is still a mystery to me as well, but hopefully that'll be answered soon. As for the recent episodes, does anyone else feel the story about the Phantom is dragging a little bit too long?....

jewbagel 2005-12-19 20:57

I love this series, one of my new favourites. Great plot thus far, very good characters and well, the music is just the best I've heard in any anime series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirHellsing420
This is a great series and I have been enjoying it much. The wine subject is still a mystery to me as well, but hopefully that'll be answered soon. As for the recent episodes, does anyone else feel the story about the Phantom is dragging a little bit too long?....

I've enjoyed the Phantom story so far, but I agree it should be settled soon. Seeing Saya back in a somewhat normal school setting again was nice. Although I feel the Phantom is someone important so it could go on for a bit more.

Yuiichi 2005-12-19 21:59

In the flash back scenes with Saya, you always see her leading the Chiropteran but now she seems completely the opposite; a Chiropteran hunter.

I'm thinking that maybe the government was using her as well as the Chiropteran as weapons before. Or maybe they listen to her just because her blood kills them. Hmm.. what do you guys think about this?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.