AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Koi Koi Seven (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26730)

Potatochobit 2005-12-22 04:16

Koi Koi Seven
 
i couldnt find the older thread so i thought i would start a new one till its found

anyway, i just watched episode number 7 and i have to say that was one of the greatest things i have seen in a Long time.

the nickname puchisuul im pretty sure is a pun of pettit soeur which is french for little sister taken from the mariasama ga miteru episodes.

if only he could accept higashikazuno for who she was trying to be im sure it would be a happy ending for all ;__;

Tatiana Razajev 2005-12-22 04:20

Yeah episode 7 was one of the better episodes. In any case I'm not sure what to think of this series. On one hand I dislike it, but on the other hand I feel motivated to complete watching it and I have an interest in eye patch girl for some reason.

Ilpalazzo-sama 2005-12-22 08:16

Ah, Koi Koi Seven...I've turned it off after like...5 minutes? IMO the worst anime of 2005.

Desti-Fate 2005-12-22 08:43

I watched this months ago back when I first found this place, but still dumped it after one episode.

I then picked it up again a week or two ago, since I figured it might be good fun just to laugh at how *bad* it is but even that didn't work.

Still haven't seen past the first episode. Nanoha is just so much better.

Tatiana Razajev 2005-12-22 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desti-Fate
Still haven't seen past the first episode. Nanoha is just so much better.

I'm not saying Koi Koi Seven is any good, but it's kind of hard for a series to beat Nanoha in my mind. Nanoha is not my absolute favorite anime ever, but I love it lot so go figure.

DaFool 2005-12-22 09:00

Well basically, Nanoha is a good example to still have craptacular Korean animation and off-model shots and still have the most amazing animated sci-fi battles (complete with "extreme prejudice") and multi-twist storyline.

Koi Koi 7 seems to just enjoy drawing attention to its flaws, regardless of it even being enjoyable, even in its craptacularness.

Shiroth 2005-12-22 09:40

I remember watching the first episode a while back.. and found it to be very interesting.. a series i must get back to one day. ^^

GHDpro 2005-12-22 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potatochobit
the nickname puchisuul im pretty sure is a pun of pettit soeur which is french for little sister taken from the mariasama ga miteru episodes.

In my view it's not a "pun" but rather an extremely lame error by Shinsen/Nihongo.
Really, it seems like they couldn't make out what "puchisuul" meant in Japanese, so they just left it there.
But of course it's French, and indeed should be written Petit Soeur (little sister).

You can't tell me that absolutely NONE of the like 5-7 people that probably worked on this fansub
had ever heard of Maria-sama ga Miteru. And it takes no time at all to look this up if you don't know it.
In a similar way they ruined the Marimite like "intro" text too, even just plain skipping parts of the
translation ("walking slowly is preferred here" is missing, while it IS being said!).

These mistakes warrants these applicable screenshots from this episode:

http://s03.imagehost.org/0795/kks7a.jpghttp://s03.imagehost.org/0795/kks7b.jpg

Btw, I personally don't have much of a problem with Koi Koi Seven once I accepted it's a pretty
poorly done anime. It does have some nice points -- like the Marimite parody in episode 7
and various other parodies. I guess I'm just a sucker for fan service shows, no matter
how bad they are (it should come as no surprise I enjoyed "G-On Riders" as well).

DaFool 2005-12-22 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHDpro
Btw, I personally don't have much of a problem with Koi Koi Seven once I accepted it's a pretty
poorly done anime. It does have some nice points -- like the Marimite parody in episode 7
and various other parodies. I guess I'm just a sucker for fan service shows, no matter
how bad they are (it should come as no surprise I enjoyed "G-On Riders" as well).

Hey, G-On Riders is a masterpiece compared to this :D . Of course, being barely able to stay alive while wading through ep1 I doubt I can find the gems in later episodes. Its interesting though now that you mention it parodies Marimite...its amusing how the same audience watches both shows, one being the definitive shoujo-ai show (apart from Utena), and the other being...(I'd rather not comment) ;)

GHDpro 2005-12-22 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFool
.its amusing how the same audience watches both shows, one being the definitive shoujo-ai show (apart from Utena), and the other being...(I'd rather not comment) ;)

Well I watch pretty much everything (in terms of genres), especially if it has girls in it,
and it doesn't matter if it's "shounen" or "shoujo" :)

Btw, I think comparing Nanoha with this is kinda like comparing apples and oranges...

Ilpalazzo-sama 2005-12-22 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHDpro
...like comparing apples and oranges...

Apples FTW!

(sorry, couldn't resist...)

burntwolf 2005-12-31 22:27

i thought it was pretty good dunno why i just like it (has weird taste in anime)

just wondering does anyone know the name of the song that celonius 28 sings? i like that song jus can't figure out who sings it or what it's called

paTKany 2006-01-01 07:29

The two main reason why i watch Koi Koi Seven is Yamada and Sato. These two perverted lesbians in "action" is the greatest Pretty Cure parody ever. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Firestorm10 2006-01-01 07:37

Its got a ton of flaws not one of the best animes out there but if you've seen every anime thats been out what else can you watch?

Potatochobit 2006-01-14 16:44

awww look what u guys did! the fan subbers apologized for the pettit souer thing!

although im pretty sure she is saying puchi suul as they originaly translated, i think its a pun. because one of my favorte lines is when he says puchi suul te nani!??! in one of his reflective moments, that was way funny.

anyway, appreciate all the hard work you guys do, this series is fun to watch although its not the most memorable show out there.

giu_2 2006-01-14 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFool
Hey, G-On Riders is a masterpiece compared to this :D . Of course, being barely able to stay alive while wading through ep1 I doubt I can find the gems in later episodes. Its interesting though now that you mention it parodies Marimite...its amusing how the same audience watches both shows, one being the definitive shoujo-ai show (apart from Utena), and the other being...(I'd rather not comment) ;)


hehe i think g-on riders is as good sa kokoi7 ^^

npal 2006-01-27 05:22

I wouldn't bother watching Koi Koi Seven, not that I've heard bad things or anything, I just wasn't interested. BUT, I just happen to see Shinsen Subs announcement that they are dropping the project. The reason they decided to drop it was... well... I can't believe it :p Can someone verify how was episode 11 that offending so SHS decided to drop it?

Reason for dropping it is on their website.

Flo 2006-01-27 05:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinsen-subs
KoiKoi 7 is dropped.

Episode 11 was basically child porn. Shinsen-subs does not subtitle child porn.

Therefore, we're dropping the show.

Not that any of you watched it anyway.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~~ Damn that's funny. :heh:

npal 2006-01-27 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~~ Damn that's funny. :heh:

:p Yeah, now I'm actually CURIOUS enough to watch the show :p :heh:

giu_2 2006-01-27 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Shinsen-subs
KoiKoi 7 is dropped.

Episode 11 was basically child porn. Shinsen-subs does not subtitle child porn.

Therefore, we're dropping the show.

Not that any of you watched it anyway.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Flo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~~ Damn that's funny. :heh:


hehe yupp ^^
i didnt think it was any child porn in that episode tho..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.