AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Hypothetical Bleach question... *Spoilers from eps 2 and 3 and recent manga* (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26843)

Starks 2005-12-24 04:54

Hypothetical Bleach question... *Spoilers from eps 2 and 3 and recent manga*

Did Inoue Sora (Orihime's brother) become an Arrancar when he dissolved his mask?

Soluzar 2005-12-24 04:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kouga-kun
Did Inoue Sora (Orihime's brother) become an Arrancar when he dissolved his mask?

I would say "No, because that was probably before Kubo invented Arrancar."

However, there could be room for me to be wrong.

Desti-Fate 2005-12-24 05:27

I think he would still be a hollow; if he left it the mask would grow back. If it was just a question of pulling it off every hollow would be an arrancar.

sarrah 2005-12-24 15:12

true true i agree wit desti fate.... it cant be that easy

spoiler****
since its necessary to have the hongyoku to become one...the hollows didnt have it at that time

Starks 2005-12-24 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarrah

spoiler****
since its necessary to have the hongyoku to become one...the hollows didnt have it at that time

What about the chapter with D. Roy and Grimmjow scolding the Grand Fisher after he lost to Ichigo?

ScytheBlade 2005-12-24 15:49

Why the hell would Aizen want the hongyoku if Hollows could just take off their masks and become Arrankar? There would be no use of a pact to Aizen then.

NoSanninWa 2005-12-25 01:45

Everyone is complicating this issue way too much. It is really quite simple.

No, because in order to become an Arrancar, he'd have to become a shinigami.

He just became a ghost. There really isn't anything to argue about if you remember what an Arancar is. It isn't a former hollow. It is a hollow that becomes a shinigami.

Sety 2005-12-25 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kouga-kun
What about the chapter with D. Roy and Grimmjow scolding the Grand Fisher after he lost to Ichigo?

Which chapter was that?

Souzouryoku 2005-12-25 10:26

Volume 3..Ichigo had just finished fighting Grandfisher. It's chapter 25..or something like that..

Sety 2005-12-25 12:21

Woah...they never included that scene in the anime at all.....I didn't realize Grimjow had appeared so early.

Souzouryoku 2005-12-25 12:29

It was weird when I first read it in the manga. I was like wtf? But now it sort of makes sense. I wish they had animated it though. Maybe they will do it later.

Arti 2005-12-25 16:44

Probably because the anime people didn't know what to make of that scene. Heh.

QuicksilverPhoenix 2005-12-25 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarrah

spoiler****

You don't need to have the hougyoku because....
Spoiler:

MrProphet 2005-12-25 20:07

You are messing up two different points.

Spoiler:

NoSanninWa 2005-12-26 01:00

Another clarification:

The hougyoku is not necessary to become a shinigami / hollow hybrid. What Aizen said, is that without the hougyoku, these hybrids are incomplete or unbalanced. You can become an inferior hybrid through other methods.

Novarain 2005-12-26 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrProphet
You are messing up two different points.

Spoiler:

Not really either. Ichigo is neither a Vizard nor an Arrancar.

Vizard: Shinigami => Hollow

Arrancar: Hollow => Shinigami

Ichigo: He kinda gained both at the same time when under Urahara's so called "training". He was a normal human soul, he formed the mask of a hollow but gained shinigami powers at the same time meaning that he might be the most perfect hybrid shinigami/hollow ever created. whether it's a good thing or not is yet to be seen though...

Biswa 2005-12-26 02:13

Another thing that may be required for a transformation is a "Shattered shaft." This shattered shaft was present when ichigo attempted to regain his shinigami powers. This was also seen in like chapter 25 when the Grand Fisher was thrown down some shaft after his fight. So Inoue's brother was never put into the shaft, and isn't anything except a hollow with a broken mask.

MrProphet 2005-12-26 02:14

Hypothetically, normal Visored (Vaizard, whatever) also become what they when they let their inner hollow gain conrtol over them in a dire situation. So, Ichigo would be a Visored that has not fully succumbed to his inner hollow yet.

Ichigo isn't an arrancar because he was not a hollow when the change happened, he was a shinigami.

Arti 2005-12-26 03:00

But if Ichigo is indeed a reincarnation of Kaien, I think he would be considered a vizard (shinigami -> hollow)

MrProphet 2005-12-26 06:05

Hollows are not the opposite of a Shinigami.

There are two types of ghosts: Plus and Hollow. Shinigami are the gods of ghosts, they send the Pluses to Soul Society and cleanse the Hollows.

Arrancar are Hollow that became Shinigami.
Visored are Shinigami that became Hollow.

Hougyouku only makes shinigami out of Hollows (and other special-powered Hollows).

It does not make Hollows out of Shinigami, as far as I understood Aizen. That process is mostly "natural", it happens by itself.

Menos Grande, Gillian, Ajucas and Vastrode are a type of Hollow.

So far this is all Kubo has told us.