AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Why is the show called Bleach? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27211)

eLcHaKeTeRo 2006-01-01 14:37

why is the show called bleach?.......some one was saying that it was cus of ichigo's hair color......
Quote:

Originally Posted by some dumbass
That's pretty much it, Ichigo's hair colour is a natural 'orange' that you get if you bleach black hair, he cops quite a bit of flack for it when he's younger, one other student, who has bleached his hair insists Ichigo goes back to hhis normal hair colour to avoid copying him, which fires ichigo up quite a lot.

i was like WTF when i read this.....if the last part is true im goin to have to watch the whole thing over for the 6th time......because i dont remember any of that....

Souzouryoku 2006-01-01 20:18

Quote:

why is the show called bleach?.......some one was saying that it was cus of ichigo's hair color......
Everyone asks this. No one is quite sure. It could be:

1) His Hair
or
2) Some theorize that Tite Kubo is a huge Nirvana fan...hence the name Bleach (I believe one of their albums was called Bleach in the past)

I think there was another possibility but I'm not sure.

Thewanderer 2006-01-01 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souzouryoku
Everyone asks this. No one is quite sure. It could be:

1) His Hair
or
2) Some theorize that Tite Kubo is a huge Nirvana fan...hence the name Bleach (I believe one of their albums was called Bleach in the past)

I think there was another possibility but I'm not sure.

Maybe the possibility of Ichigo slowly being 'bleached' into a hollow? I mean, his hollow form is pretty pale...

NoSanninWa 2006-01-02 02:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souzouryoku
1) His Hair

2) Some theorize that Tite Kubo is a huge Nirvana fan...hence the name Bleach (I believe one of their albums was called Bleach in the past)

This isn't just a guess. Kubo Tite said in an interview that he is a Nirvana fan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souzouryoku
I think there was another possibility but I'm not sure.

Other theories...

3) Kaien's soul was bleached by Rukia's zanpaktou to be reborn as Ichigo.

4) Rukia's clothes were bleached from black to white when Ichigo stole her power.

Then there is my favorite theory:

5) All of the above. He just took the name of the album, turned it into a theme and ran with it because he liked the word.

Kinny Riddle 2006-01-02 03:52

This is like the umpteeth thread I've seen this question being asked. Mods should consider making a separate sticky for just this question alone.

To answer the originator's question:

Bleach can mean both Ichigo's bleached hair as well as the shinigami's job of "bleaching" the sins of the Hollows and sending them to Soul Society.

Grees 2006-01-02 04:32

Maybe Kubo just used a random name generator on the net.
Or what i think happen was, he like Nirvana's, heard their album, and thought that Bleach would sound cool, compact, catchy for an anime show and since he cant think of anything better he use it, it has no theme and nothing to do with the show.

AoiMidori 2006-01-02 04:33

i wondered why it was bleach lots of time..
but did ichigo really bleached his hair?? i don't remember watching or noticing it in the anime.. and i didn't read the manga..

Kinny Riddle 2006-01-02 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by AoiMidori
i wondered why it was bleach lots of time..
but did ichigo really bleached his hair?? i don't remember watching or noticing it in the anime.. and i didn't read the manga..

Don't think he bleached his hair, Ichigo said he was born that way, which explains why he gets picked on by bullies and teachers in the past, and why he toughened himself up into the young man he is prior to meeting Rukia.

NoSanninWa 2006-01-02 06:08

Isn't it enough to simply be curious?

It is unlikely to change anyone's life to know the answer to this question, but do you think that there is a good reason to avoid thinking about it?

wingdarkness 2006-01-02 06:10

Small One ,knowing why a show is named something is pretty important stuff...at the very least it's worth talking about...

Figuring out why may make you figure out other things too...My personal theory was that the spirits that exist inside the Zanpaktu (sword-slayers)...had thier souls Bleached to be able to exist within the swords...I don't know but all the sword-slayer creatures seem too evil-looking to lend their powers without their souls being bleached...Anyway my idea probably sucks ^^...:o oh well...

@NSW is the site lagging? It's been taking minutes for pages to load for me all day...Just wondering if it's me...

Ultimoo 2006-01-02 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
why is the show called bleach?.......some one was saying that it was cus of ichigo's hair color......


i was like WTF when i read this.....if the last part is true im goin to have to watch the whole thing over for the 6th time......because i dont remember any of that....

ok just to answer your other question about ichigo almost getting into a fight with another guy over his hair, only happens in the manga, just before the chad/parakeet bit, but chad shows up then and well you can guess what happens to the other guy then. :heh:

oh and I thought the show was called bleach because of the whole subtle refrences everyone makes about his hair being bleached....guess not!

eLcHaKeTeRo 2006-01-02 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimoo
ok just to answer your other question about ichigo almost getting into a fight with another guy over his hair, only happens in the manga, just before the chad/parakeet bit, but chad shows up then and well you can guess what happens to the other guy then. :heh:

oh and I thought the show was called bleach because of the whole subtle refrences everyone makes about his hair being bleached....guess not!


...i think that u read that wrong...that wasnt my opinion, to tell u the thruth i really dont have a theory.....but if the show is named after the Nirvana album that would be awesome.....im also a big fan of Nirvana....

felix 2006-01-02 08:46

It's called Bleach because the manga is called Bleach.

Spoiler for manga spoiler:

1.0.7. 2006-01-02 10:14

it'scalled bleach coz its called bleach.. we don't really care, the show's good and we're enjoying ourselves..isn't that what matters more?
and i think everything is just made up- kubo tite could just as well colour ichigo's hair purple, have his weapon be a purse and call the show tinky winky right?
all the hairdo, the whole ichigo hollow thing..yeah well.. we can make up all we want, but until KT confirms why so..we can only speculate, not entirely baseless..and some of the trivia is interesting. but that's all it will go down as- trivia~the question is t.r.i.v.i.a.l.
which means of little value or importance. so everything being debated here is ultimately utterly useless. if you want to over analyze, i suggest the gundam forums.
there was a similiar thread beforehand.. and things just kept going round and round in circles.

Last_Hope 2006-01-02 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One
I think about it in another way: Is there a good reason to ask about it?
IMHO not. It's just a name. The main attribute of names is, that they usually don't have a special meaning.

Since when does people need a good reason to be curious? Haven´t you seen "Desperate Houseviwes? :heh:

I wouldn´t mind knowing why they named it Bleach. A small trivial thing that won´t change my life but it´s still fun to know.

Ziv 2006-01-02 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One
I think about it in another way: Is there a good reason to ask about it?
IMHO not. It's just a name. The main attribute of names is, that they usually don't have a special meaning.

The titles of most artworks do have special meanings, be they insignificant or not. Most people are just too nonchalant to care.

Daniel E. 2006-01-02 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Other theories...

3) Kaien's soul was bleached by Rukia's zanpaktou to be reborn as Ichigo.

4) Rukia's clothes were bleached from black to white when Ichigo stole her power.

Then there is my favorite theory:

5) All of the above. He just took the name of the album, turned it into a theme and ran with it because he liked the word.

Yes, number 5 is also my favorite.

eLcHaKeTeRo 2006-01-02 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One
I think about it in another way: Is there a good reason to ask about it?
IMHO not. It's just a name. The main attribute of names is, that they usually don't have a special meaning.

i beg to differ, most names do have somrthing to do with the shows.....it just so happens that we dont know why in this case.....
and look at this guy trying to sufficate any thought of curiosity......curiosity is one of the best things...

Mousuke 2006-01-02 23:26

I don't know why it's called Bleach.....because they're "bleaching out" the bad spirits? :heh:

Arti 2006-01-02 23:52

If I ever become a mangaka, I'm naming my manga something totally random, like Cup. That'll baffle my readers for years while they come up with these crazy theories.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.