AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Each new Transformer series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27369)

Mr. DJ 2006-01-05 09:35

Each new Transformer series
 
Is it just me, or is it w/ each and new Transformer series that comes out they're getting bigger and blockier? I mean, I think the series are okay, but tend to be cheesy at times. I'm watchin the newest series that's out, the one w/ the Cyber Planet Keys...forgot the exact name, but it seems it has potential...just the mouth movements kill me cause they're so bland w/ just a simple up/down movement.

Though, I couldn't help but chuckle at this:

Megatron - This isn't over!
Optimus - Give it a second...
*BOOM!*

With the older Transformer series...I didn't really get a Power Ranger/Voltron vibe from it...but w/ this current one...it hits me like a brick wall. It's GREAT 3D modeling, but I feel like it's going to waste...

Tommy 2006-01-05 14:12

The original Transformer series will always be the best. The movie is so awesome.

mangatron 2006-01-05 14:24

I highly agree, the original Transformers will always be the best, unless they remake it with out animation errors :heh:

And yeah, I noticed, lately they have more combining modes ....

And I think I'm the only one who enjoyed R.I.D. :heh:....

Strike Mk.II 2006-01-05 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjTrizz
Is it just me, or is it w/ each and new Transformer series that comes out they're getting bigger and blockier? I mean, I think the series are okay, but tend to be cheesy at times. I'm watchin the newest series that's out, the one w/ the Cyber Planet Keys...forgot the exact name, but it seems it has potential...just the mouth movements kill me cause they're so bland w/ just a simple up/down movement.

Though, I couldn't help but chuckle at this:

Megatron - This isn't over!
Optimus - Give it a second...
*BOOM!*

With the older Transformer series...I didn't really get a Power Ranger/Voltron vibe from it...but w/ this current one...it hits me like a brick wall. It's GREAT 3D modeling, but I feel like it's going to waste...

I just finished watching all of Transformers Galaxy Force its not really that bad. But after hearing those quotes from the english dub, that does really sound cheesy. Considering that the jap dub was aimed at really young kids, Im assuming that the eng dub is also aimed at young kids, so I guess the cheesyness is gonna be there anyway.
But One thing you mentioned confused me, they dont seem to be using the same character names as in the jap dub. They changed Galaxy Convoy to Optimus, Excilion to Hotshot, Thundercracker to Jetfire:confused:

Forbin 2006-01-05 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy
The original Transformer series will always be the best. The movie is so awesome.

Probably the only place where you hear Spike yell out a Swear Word.

Mr. DJ 2006-01-06 02:00

yeah in America, Convoy was always known as Optimus Prime

DarkCntry 2006-01-06 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjTrizz
yeah in America, Convoy was always known as Optimus Prime

Yea, how else would they have been cleaver enough to come up with Optimus Primal for Beast Wars? :P

Mr. DJ 2006-01-06 05:42

or or...Optimus Prime Super Mode!

:0 oh noes! lol just the phrase "Super Mode" is lame...if I may exerpt *sp?* from dubbed G Gundam "IT'S SHINING GUNDAM SUPER MODE!" :0 lol

mangatron 2006-01-06 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forbin
Probably the only place where you hear Spike yell out a Swear Word.

Because he wasn't a child anymore lol he was a grown man, and just somehow, someway a grown man has got to say it at least one, shameful time in his life :heh:

Ryuujin 2006-01-06 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjTrizz
yeah in America, Convoy was always known as Optimus Prime

Technically, I think Optimus Prime is the original name...

The Japanese just can't do Transformers. I haven't seen a good TF series since Beast Wars...

Mr. DJ 2006-01-09 01:30

Beast Wars was good...Beast Machines...meh...it was never finished, not much to say there...I still love the Transformers movie ;D

Nvis 2006-01-09 02:35

The Minicon one, where they try to get all the minicons for power and fighting unicron was cool. A lot less CG, if there were any to begin with. The later CG ones got crappier.

1.0.7. 2006-01-11 09:26

loved the transformers movie..
watched it back when i was a kid..
watching hot rod turn into rodimus prime was the closest thing a 5 year old could get to an orgasm..haha
i just hate the latest adaptations, blatant attempts and cheap gimmicks to boost sales.. :(
too bad..
my favourite has always been the arc after the movie, up until optimus prime was resurrected.

Dragnfly@Gamefaqs 2006-01-11 18:34

I too am a Child of the 80's (born jan 24th 1980 actually) and I'm really annoyed with what the Japanese do with Transformers. I understand that that's what works for them but I just keep getting dismayed at seeing. I consider it transformers in name only. It's not like the Japanese are short on series about large transforming robots, so I just consider it to be in that bunch only without the usual depth something like GaoGaiGar has.

And as such they can never get mad at us for trying to copy their awesome stuff with crappy remakes that "just don't get it":)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.