AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fansub Groups (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Who's Getbackers releases were better? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=2840)

testman 2003-12-14 23:58

Who's Getbackers releases were better?

Hi, i was just wondering if you guys could give your opinions on who you think had better releases for Getbackers, and why.

Anime-empire, or Saikou-fansubs?

LArSON 2003-12-15 05:33

Both groups have done a terrific job. I'd go for Saikou because they'we got a soother stile for subtitiles...

Rurouni 2003-12-15 08:11

I'd say A-E but they haven't finished the serie yet. I wonder when that's gonna happen

Tensai_kamen 2003-12-15 11:59

I like both but Saikou has the edge cos i can't wait too long for my Get Backers fix.

Iron Monkey 2003-12-15 20:48

Plus, Saikou subs were nice and small, and quality wise, I didn't have any problems with it. So yeah, they're both good, just that Saikou was able to finish it a lot faster, and had nice file sizes.

Jin 2003-12-15 23:20

The one that says Mugenjou instead of Infinite Fortress. I think it was Saikou.

7thMethuselah 2003-12-16 14:53

i watched both of them but in the end i collected anime empire. Both are very good, but i preferred infinite castle over mugenjou and i got irritated (don't ask me why) about saiko's makube x , i preferred makubx in my subs

But then again, an awesome job by both teams, i did see the last 10 from saiko bc anime-empire was falling behind alot

EvoSpace 2003-12-16 19:05

Just pointing out that we choose to leave it as "Mugenjou" instead of "Infinite Castle" because it's a name of a place. For example, would you say East Capital instead of Tokyo and Big Slope instead of Osaka? We just had a note for what it means in the early episodes. If it was a scientific name or something that changes its name from country to country, we used the English name. ex: "Higumo no Kirihito" as "Kirihito of the Cardinal Spider".

I'm not saying our fansub is any better overall, but explaining our reason for the choice ^^; I hope you enjoy GetBackers =)

7thMethuselah 2003-12-18 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvoSpace
Just pointing out that we choose to leave it as "Mugenjou" instead of "Infinite Castle" because it's a name of a place. For example, would you say East Capital instead of Tokyo and Big Slope instead of Osaka? We just had a note for what it means in the early episodes. If it was a scientific name or something that changes its name from country to country, we used the English name. ex: "Higumo no Kirihito" as "Kirihito of the Cardinal Spider".

I'm not saying our fansub is any better overall, but explaining our reason for the choice ^^; I hope you enjoy GetBackers =)

As a fan to a fasubber, thx for all the hard work you put in your fansubs. Even tough i didn't collect all episodes from saiko for getbackers, i did get the last ones of it. Also looking forward to your E's Otherwise releases :)

Sledeau 2003-12-18 21:08

Is the translation "The infinite fortress" or "Infinite Fortress?" If its the latter, then I would understand keeping the Japanese name. If its the former, then it should be translated. After all, you call Tokyo "Tokyo," not "The tokyo."

Akabane_san 2004-02-11 19:43

Well... I chose the Anime Empire cause im more used to how they translate the names but then they dont have the last 2 ep so i have to go to fansub