AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kashimashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Kashimashi Episode 5 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=28838)

Catgirls 2006-02-08 11:56

Kashimashi Episode 5 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=Hazumu and Yasuna]Hazumu and Yasuna are both men.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for Hazumu and Yasuna:

Sinestra 2006-02-08 19:05

I really liked this ep i felt a lot of emotion coming from the charcters and when the mom puts the dad in the boston crab and then snapped his neck like a twig i was laughing so hard i thought i was going to piss my self i very intrested in which way the series is going to go. i mean how comfortable would you be waking up a girl one day

monster 2006-02-08 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra
i mean how comfortable would you be waking up a girl one day

Not comfortable at all, I wouldn't want to deal with their monthly cycles. How will Hazumu deal with that? I guess she'll adapt comfortably as usual.

stevency 2006-02-08 19:43

Finally they did it, they paced it up to the max tearbring episode of this storyline yet. :)

A confession from Yasuna to Hasumu, though much detailed than comic.
The outdoor sketching is the 1st close catfight bewteen Tomari and Yasuna in ep5.

Yasuna's confession at the last emtional scene nearly made my cry.

Next we'll have Hasumu and Tomari "confess".

Overall, ep5 get 10 out of 10 of my book.

tun 2006-02-08 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevency
Yasuna's confession at the last emtional scene nearly made my cry.

Really? I just finished watching it and it really didn't move me at all. :( Kinda weird that they would start this series with that scene and then have it come relatively soon. I think doing that made the scene lose any kind of impactual value. And they showed Tomari trying to kiss Hazumu in the preview but it looks like Hazumu will stop her.

zalas 2006-02-08 21:02

I think having this scene later, like the second to last episode, might require more explicit statement that the whole thing's a flashback. The way they have it now, the scene before episode one seemed more like a sneak peak. And it looks like this episode finishes off the manga volume 1.* Seeing as how there's 8 months between releases of the tankoubon, the amount of material they need for this pace is approximately 3/5 of volume 3. 8*3/5=4.8 months. 5 months + 9/27 = 2/27. So it looks like they'll have just enough manga material by the time the season ends.

*It's a pity they didn't put in the Yumeria parody...

stevency 2006-02-08 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by tun
Really? I just finished watching it and it really didn't move me at all. :( Kinda weird that they would start this series with that scene and then have it come relatively soon. I think doing that made the scene lose any kind of impactual value. And they showed Tomari trying to kiss Hazumu in the preview but it looks like Hazumu will stop her.

For some people who's under heavy pressures from whatever(lack of something for a prolonged period, you name it) like me, it nearly gets me, or maybe there were some sand in my eyes at that moment. :heh:

The story arch in ep 5 were meant to be tear bringer, as I said, they paced it too fast, some will have problem to get along with the story mood.

I forgot to say, the ED ep 5 lyrics used were the second half, which smartly hide the 3 main names inside it, were quite match that theme.

ranchan13 2006-02-09 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstert
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra
I mean how comfortable would you be waking up a girl one day

Not comfortable at all, I wouldn't want to deal with their monthly cycles. How will Hazumu deal with that? I guess she'll adapt comfortably as usual.

I think I'd find myself overjoyed in all honesty. Then again, I can see myself in Hazumu's shoes, cause I suffer from Gender Dysphoria. I don't live my life as a woman, nor do I have plans of going through all the effort to become one (though if given the chance to get hit by a spaceship and then wake up later to find I'm a perfectly complete woman, I'll dive my ass in front of the ship), However I do often portray myself as female online, since that's my only escape from my harsh reality.

Now then, for the discussion on episode 5, I see a lot of people complaining that it moved a bit fast. Seriously though, it's moving no faster then the manga, and it's going into a lot more detail. The first manga was 7 chapters long, and here we are episode 5 and just finishing the first book. Anime like Naruto and Bleach use 2-3 chapters per episode, so when you watch the anime it seems like less detail then if you read the manga. Personally I like the pace of Kashimashi, barely more then a chapter per episode.

As for this being the tear-bringing episode, I did tear up a bit on Yasuna's confession and the first kiss, but I see the setup for Episode 6 and Tomari's confession to grab at more tears. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Take out the entirety of the aliens and leave Hazumu as a post-op Transexual, and this series would be the most realistic series I've watched.

zalas 2006-02-10 12:08

Considering the fact that Hazumu is trying to get along with both Tomari and Yasuna, it would be funny if someone made a 4koma where Tomari and Yasuna both get tired of Hazumu and instead get together themselves :p

Catgirls 2006-02-10 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by zalas
Considering the fact that Hazumu is trying to get along with both Tomari and Yasuna, it would be funny if someone made a 4koma where Tomari and Yasuna both get tired of Hazumu and instead get together themselves :p

Interestingly enough, something "like" that must happen anyway because it seems obvious to me that Hazumu will never choose one or the other. There's just no way. Hazumu is not that strong (or so it seems so far). I believe Tomari would be the key to that little scenario, but there needs to be an episode where Tomari & Yasuna spend the day together and "something" happens (either mental break through or physical attraction between the two).

Itís pretty obvious that both Tomari & Yasuna have very strong feelings for Hazumu yet Hazumu wants both of them, but do Tomari & Yasuna want each other?

Akuma-sama 2006-02-10 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catgirls
Itís pretty obvious that both Tomari & Yasuna have very strong feelings for Hazumu yet Hazumu wants both of them, but do Tomari & Yasuna want each other?

Spoiler for Manga:

Tatiana Razajev 2006-02-10 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevency
Next we'll have Hasumu and Tomari "confess"

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that scene as soon as possible. In any case it was nice to see the "scene" from episode 1 finally come in to play in episode 5. This was definitely a pivotal episode. At least as far as I can tell.

Millenia 2006-02-11 10:50

My heart beats loud
My feeling run true
What is this feeling I hold for you? (Hazumu)

~Kimochi~

Yasuna-chan - Ganbatte!
Kisu~ Kisu~ Kisu~

Tomari confess next?
Who next... Asuta?

*cries* I have to wait another week :(

stevency 2006-02-11 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranchan13
Now then, for the discussion on episode 5, I see a lot of people complaining that it moved a bit fast. Seriously though, it's moving no faster then the manga, and it's going into a lot more detail. The first manga was 7 chapters long, and here we are episode 5 and just finishing the first book. Anime like Naruto and Bleach use 2-3 chapters per episode, so when you watch the anime it seems like less detail then if you read the manga. Personally I like the pace of Kashimashi, barely more then a chapter per episode.

Come to rethink about it, you have a point on that.
Maybe I'm just overflowed with the MUCH detailed story, so it is a illusion for me at least that make one feel it's paced fast.

Quote:

As for this being the tear-bringing episode, I did tear up a bit on Yasuna's confession and the first kiss, but I see the setup for Episode 6 and Tomari's confession to grab at more tears. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Take out the entirety of the aliens and leave Hazumu as a post-op Transexual, and this series would be the most realistic series I've watched.
That's what a good drama really means.:D

Kaoru Chujo 2006-02-12 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
...a Tomari/Hazumu/Yasuna full triangle....

Futakoi Alternative may have started a trend.

Great episode. The emotions sure worked for me. Horie Yui (Yasuna) got her chance to shine in this episode, and did bring tears to my eyes.

I think the pacing of the episode and the quick appearance of the big scene show how well the director is pacing this series, so that the emotional action never lags. Having read the manga, I'm really looking forward to next week. What happens next week is one of my favorite parts of the manga.

Millenia 2006-02-13 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
What happens next week is one of my favorite parts of the manga.

Would this be some light hentai? :heh:

You can think up lots of different scenarios from where episode 5 left off, Im dying to see which 1 will come true :P

Catgirls 2006-02-13 19:18

Episode 5 sub is out now.

- http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29068

:)

Maceart 2006-02-13 20:04

Wow. Just wow.

Oh well.

Episode 5 was great, although it could've done with a kick ass insert song from euphonius.

Jaden 2006-02-14 07:10

Nice episode, except it left a strange mood. It feels like everything is settled now and they could end the series here. :p
Because with this, Tomari is pretty much eliminated. How she's always dropping in and ruining scenes when it's getting good certainly doesn't make Hazumu like her more.

knusbits 2006-02-14 07:53

cool episode 5 is already subbed - thanks osu!

i have to say i enjoy this series very much. and the popularity here just seems testament to its universal appeal. it seems to have something for everybody :)

on a pure technical note, having watched the episodes so far from various groups i think osu's encoding is very nice - just a bit more crisp and colorful than the others.

keep up the good work