AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   My HiME / My Otome (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   [Mai Otome] Episode 19 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29131)

Catgirls 2006-02-15 12:30

[Mai Otome] Episode 19 Discussion/Poll
 
Welcome to this week's Episode of Mai-Otome.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Be aware that due to the very nature of these threads, current episode content will be discussed without the use of Spoiler tags. Also, since these threads go up early, unrestrained speculation about the upcoming episode will be knee-deep. If you haven't seen the Episode, I would advise you not to click into the thread prior to the Fan-sub release, or don't complain if you're spoiled.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=My Otome]These are not the droids you're looking for.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...
Spoiler for My Otome:

Guido 2006-02-15 12:44

For a quite good changes is a wishful thinking if the ending gets replaced.

Back to the story.....

Spoiler:

Xellos-_^ 2006-02-15 13:01

Spoiler for manga:

SoldierOfDarkness 2006-02-15 13:23

Assuming if that IS Rena which Schwarz used to disable the Otome system, I wonder if she's the reason why Schwarz and Aswald split 14 years ago when they both attacked the castle. Perhaps something went wrong during the operation in which Schwarz backstabbed Aswald or something and ran off with Rena.

Timeless Enigma 2006-02-15 13:55

Interesting concept SoldierOfDarkness.

I'm not really expecting big things this episode, just plot advancement...
It's always nice to be pleasantly surpised.

I wonder if this episode will mark Tomoe's defection to Artai/Schwarz.

cry 2006-02-15 14:16

so it can be "arrikaaaaaa, i am your FATHER" o_0 wow =)

Xellos-_^ 2006-02-15 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Assuming if that IS Rena which Schwarz used to disable the Otome system, I wonder if she's the reason why Schwarz and Aswald split 14 years ago when they both attacked the castle. Perhaps something went wrong during the operation in which Schwarz backstabbed Aswald or something and ran off with Rena.

If Aswald knew schwartz ran off with Rena and if there was something between Rena and Rado. i would think he would have made a try at rescuing her by now.

I think Aswald thinks Rena is A) Dead and B) didn't know what happen to her after the fight.

Tempest35 2006-02-15 15:36

Hnnn, Rad defeats a depowered Rena in single combat and leaves her alive...but Schwartz decides that the only good Otome is a dead Otome and proceed to...*makes slicing guesture* That would piss Rad off royally if he knew. ^^; But instead of Arika, what if Rad is Mashiro's father, hnnn? We are talking a transition from the Manga to Anime here and everyone who's seen both knows just how different the individual plots can be from one source to the next.

Anyway, back to spec on the upcoming eppy...
Arika's is with Aswald now and Midori tells her more about Rena Sayers. What could Midori know about Rena that would be so important? Is Rena from Aswald originally or is her lover? ^^

Xellos-_^ 2006-02-15 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempest35
Hnnn, Rad defeats a depowered Rena in single combat

You mean deflower :D

Ronin Aquila 2006-02-15 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cry
so it can be "arrikaaaaaa, i am your FATHER" o_0 wow =)

*Severed Arm* NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOO!! :p

Akuma-sama 2006-02-15 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
You mean deflowered :D

Sadly appropriate :twitch:

Hyosuke575 2006-02-16 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Sadly appropriate :twitch:

Yeah cause we all know how an otome loses her power. :naughty:
Anyway from what I've seen it looks like next episode we learn more about Midori which if that isn't obvious from already seeing the preview. Frankly I'm a little lost on what you're all saying because I haven't read the manga. Maybe I should go do that. :heh:

Lost 2006-02-16 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
You mean deflower :D

That just spoiled my day... I hope not. I hope not...

djmaca 2006-02-16 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
You mean deflower :D

Both are appropriate for the situation..... It sucks really.... but it's correct all the same....

ging-inc 2006-02-16 08:32

tbh haven't seen the manga beyond the 1st 6 translated chapters but from what I have seen so far think the tv series is running its own version of mai otome different from the manga just like they did for mai hime. So therefore drawing comparsions between the two are rather pointless.

For those who have seen eps 17, do you remeber smith saying that arika's robe wasn't fully powered up, I thought he just meant that she hadn't used her crystal staff/weapon, but recently I got thinking, if you compare all the other full active robe's like ultimate black diamond/amythest/silver ice/topaz ones they all look like a set of robes in design, but arika's just looks like a different coloured version of the coral/pearls ones, which makes me think her robe will either change into an new unseen version or like the one the previous user was using (the one you see the new opening)

As for todays eps, have to comment to all those people who said on last poll that arika went back to her grandmothers are likely to be very wrong after all the reason she left was because she was dead therefore the lady you saw in eps 18 can't be her grandmother.

As for my predictions
Spoiler for My Otome:


On a final note have to wonder if we are ever going to see some serious fighting in this series or not? with only 8eps left including this one isn't much time left to get some action on screen. Most of the fight scenes we have seen are very short or we only get to see parts of the fights.

felix 2006-02-16 09:40

Since in the preview on the official site they placed a picture of Rena in her robe were probably going to see her in her master robe either in a flashback (probability - 99%) or in the actual ep (0.5%) or we won't get to see her (0.5% ... :upset: - 100% ) ... whatever happens, this ep will obviosly have some Rena development, well at least we can hope :( ....

Ep prediction :
- Mashiro ends up in the black valley (strange that people there don't have a problem with Arika ... I mean she's an otome and the black valley is suppose to be guarderobes enemy)
- some more caracter development from Arika
- hopefully we'll get some mikoto development
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/6...00008yg.th.jpg
This image of Mikoto will probably make a good avatar ... he he :cool:
Anyone whana guess what Mikoto is so scared about ... maybe Mashiro said something out of caracter .... like :
>>"let's help poor people" <<
OR
>>"let's save the world from pain and sufforing" <<
OR
>>*Mashiro looks at an old lady* "Are you OK ... do you need some help ... here ... let me help you ..." <<
OR
>> "Arika, you don't have to associate with me anymore ... if you stick with me you will only end up unhappy, .... sorr ... *Mashiro cryes* .... I couldn't keep our promise ..."<<

felix 2006-02-16 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ging-inc
For those who have seen eps 17, do you remeber smith saying that arika's robe wasn't fully powered up, I thought he just meant that she hadn't used her crystal staff/weapon, but recently I got thinking, if you compare all the other full active robe's like ultimate black diamond/amythest/silver ice/topaz ones they all look like a set of robes in design, but arika's just looks like a different coloured version of the coral/pearls ones, which makes me think her robe will either change into an new unseen version or like the one the previous user was using (the one you see the new opening)

:heh: Heh ... well we can only hope she gets a new robe ... and her robe doesn't look like a coral/pearl robe, all the other robes aren't meant for 15 year old girls ... as for Nina's robe ... well it doesn't mater what robe she wears it will look cool, just because she wears it ...

Unless Sunrise is trying to trick us with the new op (I'll give it a 3/5 chance that they are) her robe won't get any better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ging-inc
As for todays eps, have to comment to all those people who said on last poll that arika went back to her grandmothers are likely to be very wrong after all the reason she left was because she was dead therefore the lady you saw in eps 18 can't be her grandmother.

And how do we know her grany didn't live near the black vally

Quote:

Originally Posted by ging-inc
On a final note have to wonder if we are ever going to see some serious fighting in this series or not? with only 8eps left including this one isn't much time left to get some action on screen. Most of the fight scenes we have seen are very short or we only get to see parts of the fights.

I actualy like the way the fighting is so far .... the way I see it the writers and animetors aren't all that creative when it comes to fighting scenes .... that's usualy the way stuff work's in anime ... writer's can either write plot or fighting scenes or neither (it's a miracle if they manage both, actualy they bring someone else to do the dirty work) ... I'm guesing that's why the otome have these mass destruction atacks (so they can resolv thing's quicly ... and a big bad boom is easy to make) ....
Spoiler for MaiHiME:

... the writers seem to have taken some lessons from MH ... maybe the cut in fight time is one of them :eyebrow: (damn bastards :frustrated: ) ...

IMO the writes of MO are 97.9% plot (I didn't give them 100% because they made that cool NinaVsArika fight scene in ep 3 ... or was it 4 :confused: )

Efreeta 2006-02-16 11:24

One of the links for today's episode:
http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2294469.htm

IchiKyo 2006-02-16 11:30

One of these image are Fake or Real?
a Game Mai Otome from PS2 O_O
Confirm me it is a Fake >_<

EnseiSong 2006-02-16 11:30

And another one.....

http://nov.2chan.net/24/res/267367.htm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IchiKyo
One of these image are Fake or Real?
a Game Mai Otome from PS2 O_O
Confirm me it is a Fake >_<

one of the image is fake...
Game is real, but for Mai Hime... not Otome


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.