AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Download Help (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BSOD Dump with BT (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=2925)

CopyNinja 2003-12-16 04:50

BSOD Dump with BT

I have been having some trouble with bit torrent lately, it has been causing a bluescreen memory dump i believe

after about 5-7 minutes of downloading my computer gives me a blue screen with code and memory sectors on it, i havent been able to pause the screen to take a screenshot or even a digital photo of the dump, it has given me the screen with every version of bt i could find from the base versison, and archived versions, to bt++ and even my favorite version Shadow's BT, this is a serious problem.

has anyone had this problem before? if so is there a fix? Other than the sp1

windows error reporting tells me that i need sp1, but i have a home built computer and the version of windows xp is a corporate edition, so i wasnt given a valid product key. frustrating! :bash:

warnold 2003-12-16 10:41

A BSOD is always caused by either a software driver bug, or a hardware problem. BT doesn't install any drivers, so it's just triggering a bug in something else. I'd recomend looking for any/all upgrades for the drivers/firmware for your network card/modem/anything else.

--
-billy-

lost_angel 2003-12-26 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by CopyNinja
I have been having some trouble with bit torrent lately, it has been causing a bluescreen memory dump i believe

after about 5-7 minutes of downloading my computer gives me a blue screen with code and memory sectors on it, i havent been able to pause the screen to take a screenshot or even a digital photo of the dump, it has given me the screen with every version of bt i could find from the base versison, and archived versions, to bt++ and even my favorite version Shadow's BT, this is a serious problem.

has anyone had this problem before? if so is there a fix? Other than the sp1

windows error reporting tells me that i need sp1, but i have a home built computer and the version of windows xp is a corporate edition, so i wasnt given a valid product key. frustrating! :bash:

i am not promoting warez or anything, but you can get a keychanger from a site, if you pm me i will send it.
once you do that u can download the sp1 patch and your issues with that at least will be solved

theplastickid 2004-07-19 04:49

I am also having the same problem. I have windows XP with a cd key that works and sp1 installed but i still get the stupid blue sceen while downloading torrents. Can some one please help me!!!

:help: :help: :help:

KeinikuSuki 2004-07-19 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by theplastickid
I am also having the same problem. I have windows XP with a cd key that works and sp1 installed but i still get the stupid blue sceen while downloading torrents. Can some one please help me!!!

:help: :help: :help:

Post the infromation from your event viewer, prefferably copy and paste the entire box.

For information on how to use the event viewer, see THIS FORUM POST!!

_Sin_ 2004-07-19 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by CopyNinja

The corporate edition being the pirated Devils0wn? Tough luck >_<

KeinikuSuki 2004-07-19 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Sin_
The corporate edition being the pirated Devils0wn? Tough luck >_<

You realize you are quoting someone from a little over 7 months ago right?