AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Weird compliments (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29313)

Roots 2006-02-20 19:13

Weird compliments

This thread is to share and laugh at the strange or awkward compliments that you or someone close to you has humbly received.

----------

For me, over the past few years I've gotten rather...weird compliments from different girls, all jealous of some part of my body or another.

(1) In high school, a female friend of mine told me that she envied me because I have the "perfect" amount of hair on my arms. That's good to know....I guess :uhoh:

(2) My female roommate last year was once talking to me and out of the blue suddenly decided to reveal that she wished she had long eyelashes like me. Right.... :eyebrow:

(3) Last week I had a theraputic massage for my hands and wrists (too much typing at work/school/home) and she pointed out that I had purple fingernails, perhaps from having poor circulation. She followed up saying that "Oh, but I'm jealous. They're so pretty.". :twitch:

I'm a 23 year old male, and girls are complimenting my arm hair, eyelashes, and hue of my fingernails. "What the hell?" is all I can think to ask. :roll:

BriteDarkness 2006-02-21 07:37

At least they aren't laughing at you and insulting you. I remember being told by a girl that she was glad my "annoying leg hair" was there. Her leg was itching something fierce and she just had to rub against me...

Pellissier 2006-02-24 15:36

All peoples (well, mostly girls, not that I would care much otherwise :p) keep saying to me I look younger than I am. And they say it with a bit of entuxiasm, as a compliment.
I'm 25 and I've mostly been said to be 19-20 (one time even 17! underage!). Since girls seem to be quite fond of this, I guess I have nothing to complain, and at the university every new year I am a freshman this way! :heh:

(By the way, I'm not the only one in my family to look younger, it's a blood related matter ;) )

It's weird though, if compared to high-school, where on the contrary younger girls kept telling me I looked older than I was (20 instead of 18) :twitch:

It's kinda messy :eyespin: after all, but I sort of like it! ^^

Illuyankas 2006-02-24 22:39

I guess it is better to look underage than too far over - I'm 21, but most people think I'm between 26 and 32. Someone thought I was 40! What was he smoking, I have no idea.

That said, I have had a few compliments that were downright bizarre, ranging from "I love that odd straw colour in your beard," to (really), "You have a cool knee!" I mean it, the woman said it! My knee is cool :cool:

BriteDarkness 2006-02-24 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuyankas
That said, I have had a few compliments that were downright bizarre, ranging from "I love that odd straw colour in your beard," to (really), "You have a cool knee!" I mean it, the woman said it! My knee is cool :cool:

... but the rest of you is not? :p

Illuyankas 2006-02-24 23:51

The rest of me is HOT :naughty:

Cz 2006-02-25 04:48

The only compliment I ever get is that I look younger than my actual age. I suppose that is good. :p

1.0.7. 2006-02-25 05:39

well, i think through inheritance, i don't have hair on my feet or hands. so i get weird compliments from the ladies..ESPECIALLY after swimming.."i wish i had your legs" :>
i can never get used to that.
but what really gets on my nerves more than that is if someone points it out and says "DUDE! do you shave?"

2H-Dragon 2006-02-25 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
"DUDE! do you shave?"

Lol this is gold. <3

The only weird compliment's I get are from some girls(just 2 girl's I know tbh.) When they say that I am funny out of nowhere when I didnt make a joke. >.>

A girl I know got a funny comment of a good friend of mine he said to her; "You will be so hot when you grow up." She is 18 though. xD

mitsuki_AG 2006-02-25 09:22

I don't know if you could call this a "compliment" but I can't walk in a shop without people running towards me , calling me "m'dam" and asking if I work there...
even my brother's best friend reacted on a weird manner when he celebrated with my family my 13th birthday "aren't you 15?!?" ...and yesh... Now that I'm 15 people mistake me for a 18year old *sighs* it's in the family though, some people even mistook my oldest brother as my mom's boyfriend =_=

aaaah and then, this thing that always comes back is "I want your boobs!!!!"
gawd, while I keep on complaining about the size, how I'd like to have those cute little things...noooo....I can't change in peace unless I hide myself...

people complimenting me on "wow, your hair looks nice! did you go to the hairdresser?" 3weeks after I went to the hairdresser..:twitch:

People complimenting about my eye color, and after that they go like "but your iris is so big!" (doh, *points at the darkness* )

llama 2006-02-25 09:45

I think one of the weirdest I've ever gotten was "You have a beautiful forehead." I've never really considered a forehead to be something beautiful before. :heh:

Then someone else said, "You're so cute and tiny! I just want to gobble you up!" Which...I guess was meant as a compliment, though it kind of scared me. o_O

But I've also been told I have cute feet, nice earlobes, tasty looking lips, and..."yummy eyes" (does that last one sound familiar to anyone? :p ) All of those seemed like weird compliments to me.

I got another one that was pretty weird, possibly weirder than the forehead one. Although I don't think I'll mention it here, as it's a little risqué... (!)

Roots 2006-02-25 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitsuki_AG
aaaah and then, this thing that always comes back is "I want your boobs!!!!"

I request a picture.:innocent: :heh:

koishii 2006-02-26 15:32

This is the only thing I can think of: People always think I'm about 15 years old, when I'm actually 21. ¬_¬ When I tell them I'm much older than they think, they think that's the greatest thing ever (for me). _-_

Komataguri 2006-02-26 15:34

One time a girl told me she wished she had an ass like mine...and i'm a guy o_O;;

ChainLegacy 2006-02-26 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by koishii
This is the only thing I can think of: People always think I'm about 15 years old, when I'm actually 21. ¬_¬ When I tell them I'm much older than they think, they think that's the greatest thing ever (for me). _-_

I'm the reverse. I have a three year old brother, and if I ever go out somewhere with him, I get so many compliments about how cute my child is.

Illuyankas 2006-02-26 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by koishii

How? I'd hate to get ID'd every time I go to a pub or a club or a bar or anywhere age restricted. At the most, you'll look 21 at 27 :eyebrow:

NoSanninWa 2006-02-27 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komataguri
One time a girl told me she wished she had an ass like mine...and i'm a guy o_O;;

Maybe she really meant that she wanted your ass. Not that she wanted it to be on her body. ;)

Li Jianliang 2006-02-27 01:47

A friend of mine constantly remarks that "Gosh, you're so little and cute that I just want to pick you up by your ankles!" :uhoh: I think he meant for stress relief.

But what takes the cake is the confession e-mail of an Iowan whom I met during a national robotics competition two years ago:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scary Dude who needs to get a better life
The first time I lade eyes on you I felt something, something different nothing i have ever felt for a woman before and I did not realize till I sat down a though about it the fact is i had fallen I love this made me feel so happy but at the same time sad that it would be a long time till I saw you agen. And, every day since that moment I have fallen more I love with you every day. I know this is love because I have never felt this way about any other woman I mean sure I have dated but I have never felt this way before. My love for you is so great I cant stop thinking about you. And if you want to know I did not fall in love with you because you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen it is also because you are smart, funny, and talented .

Oh don't worry. He has stopped internetting as far as I can tell. Phew.

Komataguri 2006-02-27 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Maybe she really meant that she wanted your ass. Not that she wanted it to be on her body. ;)

Trust me, I explored that possibility, And hit a brick wall. :upset:

Cz 2006-02-27 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
But what takes the cake is the confession e-mail of an Iowan whom I met during a national robotics competition two years ago:

*snip*

Oh don't worry. He has stopped internetting as far as I can tell. Phew.

That's a lesson learned: Do not give your email addresses out to random people at competitions/conferences. :p Well, unless it's an academic conference and your (university, not personal, I hope) email address is written right on your published paper. :heh: