AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) NHK ni Youkoso! (Welcome to the NHK!) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30563)

Shiryuu 2006-04-01 03:23

NHK ni Youkoso! (Welcome to the NHK!)
 
Search didn't show anything except for the manga.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6357

I was just wondering when is this supposed to come out?

edit:
More info in this post.

shadowplay 2006-04-01 04:11

Probably Fall or Winter season. NHK is my favorite manga atm, even though I doubt anime will be as good can't wait to see it.

Keitarou 2006-04-01 04:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowplay
Probably Fall or Winter season. NHK is my favorite manga atm, even though I doubt anime will be as good can't wait to see it.

Yeah, no definite date so far anywhere to find but I think a late fall release would be most likely, like shadowplay suggested. :)

It's also my most favourite manga currently. It beats any other comedy I've seen so far, it's by far more hectic than Sukuran, the otaku related stuff isn't as lax as in Genshiken and it does actually go out to show the whole thing in a negative context and not in an unlikely happy-go-lucky way. The drama level is also quite high but what I like the most are the characters. All of them are in a way or other broken down freaks but you just have to like them and their attempts to change something, though it mostly only backfires to make everything even worse.

And also here I wonder whether they'll actually animate all of the manga's stuff. There are a few scenes scattered over the first volume which are somewhat over the top. But then again it'll air late in the night anyway so I guess (or rather hope) they can just make it a 1:1 conversion. :)

Anyway, that's the anime I was looking for the most this year (until the recent Kanon remake announcement) and I hope they'll be able to capture the highlights of the manga which make that one outstanding in its category.

Oh and if I may wish for a next comedy manga conversion, it would be Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler) or alternatively Soldier of Wishful Thinking. :D

*edit

By the way, nice signature you have there, Shiryuu. Kotona wins. :)

Ramen89 2006-04-01 05:04

Its a great manga, definetly one of my favourites, it balances comedy and drama so well, better than any other manga I've read, I heard the anime is being animated by GONZO which makes me slightly un-nerved, they have a tendency to take good manga's and make bad adaptations of them in my opinion, I would have thought it would be more suited to Gainax to be honest but oh well, time will tell I suppose.

shadowplay 2006-04-01 07:51

Actually as the chapters go by I think it's getting more depressing, even comedy scenes are somehow sad, like the one of getting caught 'in the act' in ch.23.
Gonzo? I hope that's not true.

Ramen89 2006-04-01 08:44

Quote:

Gonzo? I hope that's not true.
According to here it is :( It says its summer aswell.

shadowplay 2006-04-01 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramen89
According to here it is :( It says its summer aswell.

Noo...
According to http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20060324
Quote:

> 監督:山本祐介
> シリーズ構成・脚本:西園悟
> キャラクターデザイン・総作画監督:吉田隆彦
> アニメーション制作:GONZO
If I got it right, Yusuke Yamamoto is director (or supervisor?), he was directing Keroro Gunso according to ANN. Still... Gonzo... :mad:

Ramen89 2006-04-01 09:30

Quote:

If I got it right, Yusuke Yamamoto is director (or supervisor?), he was directing Keroro Gunso according to ANN. Still... Gonzo...
Gonzo - Bad
Keroro Director - Awesome
Things are starting to look up... slightly :D

CaiSter21 2006-04-01 09:37

what does everyone here have against Gonzo?
i think that they are pretty good in terms of animation.

i mean they did make full metal panic and speed grapher
2 of my all time favorite anime

Ramen89 2006-04-01 09:40

I have nothing against Gonzo persay, I think Gankutsuou and Speed Grapher were excellent, but they seem to take manga and make bad anime adaptations of them in my opinion (i.e. Gantz, Black Cat and Hellsing).

shadowplay 2006-04-01 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaiSter21
what does everyone here have against Gonzo?
i think that they are pretty good in terms of animation.

i mean they did make full metal panic and speed grapher
2 of my all time favorite anime

They made some ok stuff here and there (Yukikaze. LastEXILE...), but mostly they produce badly directed hack jobs whose script and animation falls apart after first few episodes....like SpeedGrapher for instance :heh:

CaiSter21 2006-04-01 13:52

wat was wrong with speed grapher?
i think it had a really good story line
and the animation was really well done
then again, this is coming from a person who isn't really good at either drawing or writing.

but thats just my opinion

Thelastguardian 2006-04-01 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keitarou
the otaku related stuff isn't as lax as in Genshiken

Genshiken is the exact opposite of NHK.
Genshiken tries to present otaku in a normal fasion. Not so for NHK.
(If I said any more, I would ruin the surprise XD. The wtf factor is going to be as high as Poni Poni Dash or Excel Saga.)

The manga is one of the most differcult stories to follow I have ever read. I had to re-read each chapter three times to understand what was going on.

Ramen89 2006-04-01 14:49

I wonder if theres really enough chapters for the anime to cover, Im reading them scanslated so I'm not sure what number there up to in japan, does anybody else know?

Shiryuu 2006-04-01 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramen89
It says its summer aswell.

Thanks for the info.
Quote:

I have nothing against Gonzo persay, I think Gankutsuou and Speed Grapher were excellent, but they seem to take manga and make bad anime adaptations of them in my opinion (i.e. Gantz, Black Cat and Hellsing).
Those shows were pretty good, so I'm not really worried if it isn't exactly a complete conversion.

Ramen89 2006-04-02 03:25

Quote:

Those shows were pretty good, so I'm not really worried if it isn't exactly a complete conversion.
Each to his own I guess :D

SWPIGWANG 2006-04-03 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
The manga is one of the most differcult stories to follow I have ever read. I had to re-read each chapter three times to understand what was going on.

That only shows that you are not otaku enough muhahahahahahahahahaha......

It is petty scary to understand everything that when on in it though...it means you skim tooooooo close for comfort.
-----------------
I don't think it is something for people looking for comedy however....the sistuation is just too messed up unless one loves black humor..... especially from the spoilers I've read.......

----------------
Still, HIKIKOMORI ACTION ANIME FTW!

shadowplay 2006-04-03 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramen89
I wonder if theres really enough chapters for the anime to cover, Im reading them scanslated so I'm not sure what number there up to in japan, does anybody else know?

Should be at 26.

Thelastguardian 2006-04-04 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWPIGWANG
That only shows that you are not otaku enough muhahahahahahahahahaha......

It is petty scary to understand everything that when on in it though...it means you skim tooooooo close for comfort.
-----------------
I don't think it is something for people looking for comedy however....the sistuation is just too messed up unless one loves black humor..... especially from the spoilers I've read.......

Yeah, maybe I am not otaku enough XD. I get most of the jokes though, and that scares me (especially the kiddie porn joke in the first chapter). Yikes

Black humor, shiploads of them. Enough to make you have goosebumps on your back.
In a I-hope-I-don't-know-these-people-in-real-life sort of way.

25 or 26 chapters are out. I haven't check yet.

Dural 2006-04-04 12:48

Anyone else think that this would be more suited for the an OVA release than a television release?


I think it would.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.