AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Ah! My Goddess (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   AMG Season 2, Episode 3 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31272)

Catgirls 2006-04-19 21:12

AMG Season 2, Episode 3 Discussion
 
Welcome to this week's Episode of Ah! My Goddess Season 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Also remember that all the other series of AMG are licensed (first TV series, OVA, Movie, Mini-Goddess, and the manga) so no discussion about earlier fansubs or groups. Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any unmarked spoilers or other problems.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Megami and Keiichi]Are sister and brother.... What, you already knew!!![/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Megami and Keiichi:

Catgirls 2006-04-21 16:05

I guess I was a bit early posting this thread. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Misc/sweat.gif For anyone that wants to skip ahead a bit, here's a blog entry that I found for this episode. Mind you...this entry does contain spoilers, so just be aware. Spoilers don’t bother me, but they do other people.

-> Anime on MY Mind

TTHX 2006-04-21 18:37

EEEEE Can't wait! :D

Souten no Seigyoku 2006-04-21 19:08

Im not up to date on japanese currency to USD exchange, but isnt Y200,000 somewhere in the neighborhood of $170,000USD?

Furudanuki 2006-04-21 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku
Im not up to date on japanese currency to USD exchange, but isnt Y200,000 somewhere in the neighborhood of $170,000USD?

Yikes! No, you need to move your decimal point - it would convert to about $1,700 USD.

tun 2006-04-23 20:49

Man, I can't seem to shake the feeling that they are just jerking us around and making us go in circles with this relationship. And hasn't Keiichi done this disappearing act so that he can work to buy her something before? I was excited for this season since the end of the first season left me disappointed in the development of their relationship. I think Sayako should make some more physical moves on Keiichi to at least make this a bit more interesting.

Catgirls 2006-04-23 21:01

Fan-sub for this episode is out. Thanks again to AonE & AnY for all the hard work.

SonicMonkey 2006-04-24 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by tun
I think Sayako should make some more physical moves on Keiichi to at least make this a bit more interesting.

Thankfully I think this season we have Peorth for that ^_^ - atleast one would assume so from her appearance in the OP.

This episode was kinda cute, but I'm looking forward to seeing them start to get back towards some of the manga stories soon. 4th goddess arc plz kk thnx bai.

Shadowscar 2006-04-24 09:15

Was it just me or did belldandy lie in this episode!!!

When Keiichi asks if she had been waiting for long, she says no (something like she only been waiting for a very short time), and then the little one starts saying she had been waiting all night... or am i just confused and thinking of something else lol

Js2756 2006-04-24 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by tun
Man, I can't seem to shake the feeling that they are just jerking us around and making us go in circles with this relationship. And hasn't Keiichi done this disappearing act so that he can work to buy her something before? I was excited for this season since the end of the first season left me disappointed in the development of their relationship. I think Sayako should make some more physical moves on Keiichi to at least make this a bit more interesting.

The manga has been doing this for years. Considering the anime is faithfully following the manga...

This episode is pretty much a rewrite of the last 2 episodes of the OAV series (without the tree/promise backstory), so if you've seen those, this episode will feel very familiar. However, it is actually closer to chapter 16 of the manga (which I'm sure the original OAV drew on).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowscar
Was it just me or did belldandy lie in this episode!!!

When Keiichi asks if she had been waiting for long, she says no (something like she only been waiting for a very short time), and then the little one starts saying she had been waiting all night... or am i just confused and thinking of something else lol

She most certainly did. I think the writers overlooked the fact that First class goddesses aren't supposed to lie, although Peorth does tell white lies. Although I would consider what Belldandy said to be an outright lie.

Speaking of Peorth, let's get her in the show already. This episode was nice, but it's time to have some goddess vs goddess confrontation.

Shadowscar 2006-04-24 10:27

ahhhh my whole faith in this series went down the drain the second she lied /cry lol not really but it does make me sad to see a mistake like that and is it just me or does keiichi animation seem to be worse then normal this episode

also i agree the story lines "Nice" but it need some spice!!! lol

aikming 2006-04-24 12:11

The word can be expressive and also logical. In most of the post above you refer it to logical. Belldandy may feel it wasnt long even if it might be long. Sometime when you wait for love one, long waiting also seem short. I dont think she's lying

Shadowscar 2006-04-24 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by aikming
The word can be expressive and also logical. In most of the post above you refer it to logical. Belldandy may feel it wasnt long even if it might be long. Sometime when you wait for love one, long waiting also seem short. I dont think she's lying

damn technicalities... i guess you could fight with this arguement but its kinda iffy cause the little sisters there...

Souten no Seigyoku 2006-04-24 12:28

I gave the episode a 4 for several reasons. If the story is being told in a linear manner, this shouldve been told in season one. I remember this from the manga and I havent read past volume 4. This is definately a season one story bieng told in season two. Which totally scrambles the whole story.

Not to mention the episode was so dull, that I consider episode 1 better. So far they're 1 and 2. That's right. Im looking at this like a pitchers win/loss record. 1 win (good episde) and 2 loses (bad episodes).

Daniel E. 2006-04-24 13:19

This was a nice episode alright. There were some forced things here and there, but I found myself enjoying it nonetheless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku
I gave the episode a 4 for several reasons. If the story is being told in a linear manner, this shouldve been told in season one. I remember this from the manga and I havent read past volume 4. This is definately a season one story bieng told in season two. Which totally scrambles the whole story.

The order of events was scrambled halfway through season 1. There's no going back now. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowscar
Was it just me or did belldandy lie in this episode!!!

I'll take Human-Belldandy over Goddess Belldandy any day. As a matter of fact, I think this is just what the show needs right now.

Shikimori Kazuki 2006-04-24 13:46

7 for this episode, not much other than Keiichi working his butt off to buy a ring for Belldandy which symbolizes his feelings for her. It was romantic at the end:heh: . If only that ring sumbolizes marriage instead = = than 3 ep closure for the season lol that'd be funny indeed.

hm, i do HOPE they will put Peorth in within the next 7 episodes, or else they going to drag till the end of the world. Oh well, nothing to complain about as long as they show Goddess vs Goddess arc ^^, im happy.

Good luck with subbing ep 3 Aone + AnY ^^. Keep it up yoooo

Peace outz:heh:

Muir Woods 2006-04-24 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel E.
I'll take Human-Belldandy over Goddess Belldandy any day. As a matter of fact, I think this is just what the show needs right now.

Yes, this also gives another excuse for Belldandy's behavior. Last episode we saw that Belldandy is becoming more a girl than a goddess. And of course, girls can lie. Anyways, for K1 to grab that balloon dangling in the air just for that ring, this episode shows that Keiichi is willing to go as far as risking his very life/die for Belldandy's sake. Even Sayoko has to admire that. It felt a bit nostalgic, don't quite remember if the same message as already presented last season.

Free Voice 2006-04-24 15:02

Animation's ups and downs (and a bit of a fishy story)
 
Well, as much as I was satisfied with the episode n° 2, I should say that episode n° 3 is a mild disappointment. The animation has ups and downs which make it hard to be brought to supreme pleasure in one episode and then to see low-grade drawings in the next... Well it was also the case in the first season, so I guess that I'll just wait and see.

The story, instead was somewhat "fishy" (no easy pun intented):D . The episode had more focus on the comical aspect of Urd pushing Keichi around on his jobs (and I am just wondering why she didn't seize the opportunity of doing something herself), than on the ring. I have to say that this episode does not come up to the dramatic force of the episode n° 5 of the OVA... But then, the story is different also.

One thing rather annoyed me: seeing Urd on her broomstick at all sorts of odd places at the sight of everyone... The whole story does not really benefit from having Urd mixed up in.

OK, once again my thanks to AOne and AnY for their wonderful job (getting an episode online monday morning... you must be really doing all-nighters on this!). Actually, does anybody know how many members are working on this specific project? I see some names in the credits, but that does not tell me how many are working on this project to keep such schedules...

About lying: uh, was it lying, or did Belldandy seem a bit out of touch with reality, while waiting for Keichi - we all know that worries let us loose the track of time...

Daniel E. 2006-04-24 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free Voice
One thing rather annoyed me: seeing Urd on her broomstick at all sorts of odd places at the sight of everyone... The whole story does not really benefit from having Urd mixed up in.

I was just about ready to comment on this. :)

I really wonder why Bell and Urd are using their powers so openly in this new season. I though the whole idea was to keep their powers and identities as goddesses a secret.

Did they had a change of heart? Did Odin gave them permission? Or is this simple a sign of the show ditching the manga all together?

The mind wanders :confused:

Free Voice 2006-04-24 15:23

What type of religion is AMG inserted into?
 
Now a member of the forum asked a question which prompts me to put a debate forward: isn't AMG TV series inserted in a more Catholic context, rather than only Nordic mythology?

Certainly, they are and remain Goddesses, but we have the OST's boxes with photos of Catholic church painted glasses, Belldandy and Keichi are visiting a Catholic church in episode 19 of first season, and in episode 2 of second season, a guy is proposing to Sayoko to "sing carols in Nekomi's cathedral", a typical occupation for Catholics or at least Christians...

Another silly question: how come that Urd and Skuld are allowed to stay on Earth, when Kami-sama seemed to have such bother with the presence of Belldandy in the first episode? Is Kami-sama discriminating against Belldandy? :twitch:

Now, not considering the obvious references to the Nordic mythology (Sleipnir, etc), isn't the TV series slipping slowly towards Christian references?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.