AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Ah! My Goddess (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   AMG Season 2, Episode 5 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31826)

Catgirls 2006-05-03 20:42

Welcome to this week's Episode of Ah! My Goddess Season 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Also remember that all the other series of AMG are licensed (first TV series, OVA, Movie, Mini-Goddess, and the manga) so no discussion about earlier fansubs or groups. Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any unmarked spoilers or other problems.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Megami and Keiichi]Are sister and brother.... What, you already knew!!![/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Megami and Keiichi:

eggplant 2006-05-04 23:42

Hmm, since Season Two will be 24 episodes (22 aired on TV and 2 DVD proprietary), I'm starting to accept that the first half will concentrate on Bell and K1's relationship, where everything starts to unfold in the latter half.

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Altrisha 2006-05-05 14:55

Is Episode 5 released already?

Catgirls 2006-05-05 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altrisha
Is Episode 5 released already?

It has been broadcast and the RAW is out. We don't link to RAWs here, but people watching RAWs or the original broadcast do chat about the show days prior to the fan-subs. :)

Altrisha 2006-05-05 16:17

Sorry umm what does RAW mean?

Catgirls 2006-05-05 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altrisha
Sorry umm what does RAW mean?

A RAW is the show without sub-titles (or English Dub) of any sort. It's the show as if you were in Japan watching it on TV. :)

Altrisha 2006-05-05 18:05

Ah! Ok thanks. Lucky Japanese people hehehe

Muir Woods 2006-05-05 23:54

Saw episode 05.
Spoiler for Comments on episode 05:

kaitou_strife 2006-05-07 14:32

I've gived it only a 9 because i dont understand japanese verry well. But i like it.

Shikimori Kazuki 2006-05-07 23:07

hm Eggplant, did u say Season 2 will be 24 episodes and 2of which will be on DVD? where u get that info from? unless u r refering to Season 1.

eggplant 2006-05-08 03:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
hm Eggplant, did u say Season 2 will be 24 episodes and 2of which will be on DVD? where u get that info from? unless u r refering to Season 1.

Yes, I'm referring to Season 2, as I've seen the episode count on several sources, the clincher being from AMG's official website stating that Season 2 will consist of 8 DVDs, containing 3 episodes each.

As for the two DVD only episodes, likewise with Season 1, TBS (and other network stations) does this for several reasons:

1. Broadcasting schedule conflicts/constraints: For example, a 24 episode scheduled series may be shortened in case it is preempted (e.g., Black Cat).

2. Being co-producers of the show, TBS will rake in more revenue than they would from just sponsor air-time fees, if the unaired episodes enhances DVD sales (e.g., REC, Binchou-tan).

3. TBS needs to show something special from each of their current anime portfolio for the TBS Anime Festa, held in August. Last year they showed AMG epsiode 25, and it would be natural course for them to do the same this year.

It's not to say that the 22 eps are finalized (as it could be 23).

On an off-topic note, although TBS related, xxxHOLiC will probably be the same as AMG, the special feature of Rozen Maiden Traumend will probably be shown during the Festa, and the unaired episode 14.5 of BLACK CAT will air in late May.

kikko_s 2006-05-10 02:04

WHOA! I didn't even KNOW the second season came out already!!! That's what the last 3 weeks of the semester will do to you...but JEEZ. What a great post-exam treat! 5 episodes into it already! Where the hell have I BEEN!?!?

But getting back on subject, is it just me or has the animation changed just a little from the first season? It looks like they're going back to the OVA style? Maybe I'm just insane... anyway, can't wait for the sub. (This just made my day)

noktown 2006-05-10 10:58

Saw the ep 5,didnt really understand it,because i dont understand japanese...
but,when i saw all the episodes,i saw all (1-st season and 2-nd) in 1 day,and i think in the end Belldandy will be human...,dunno cuz stories like that always have ends like that :d

jtrog 2006-05-11 01:31

I must wait till the subtitles to read. There was no way that I could follow it in raw. As usual, can't wait till its ready. NO vote yet.

offtopic - I'm learning tiny bits of japanese thru hearing (no way to read it). Its funny now I can say out loud 'that means..' to lots of things. So so so many conversations have almost the same words from different shows a person cannot help but notice -just a minute', 'what the..', 'incredible/amazing', oh and that 'its delicious'... :D

BellDandy is Heroine forever number 1.

Spectacular_Insanity 2006-05-11 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Saw episode 05.
Spoiler for Comments on episode 05:

So what does happen...

Spoiler for rest of question:

noktown 2006-05-12 05:25

Damn i want to see this episode with subtitles

Vicequaizer 2006-05-12 05:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggplant
Yes, I'm referring to Season 2, as I've seen the episode count on several sources, the clincher being from AMG's official website stating that Season 2 will consist of 8 DVDs, containing 3 episodes each.

As for the two DVD only episodes, likewise with Season 1, TBS (and other network stations) does this for several reasons:

1. Broadcasting schedule conflicts/constraints: For example, a 24 episode scheduled series may be shortened in case it is preempted (e.g., Black Cat).

2. Being co-producers of the show, TBS will rake in more revenue than they would from just sponsor air-time fees, if the unaired episodes enhances DVD sales (e.g., REC, Binchou-tan).

3. TBS needs to show something special from each of their current anime portfolio for the TBS Anime Festa, held in August. Last year they showed AMG epsiode 25, and it would be natural course for them to do the same this year.

It's not to say that the 22 eps are finalized (as it could be 23).

On an off-topic note, although TBS related, xxxHOLiC will probably be the same as AMG, the special feature of Rozen Maiden Traumend will probably be shown during the Festa, and the unaired episode 14.5 of BLACK CAT will air in late May.

Actually, judging from the way I read it, I think its the same as season 1 in that 24 episodes will be AIRED (in 8 DVDs) and there will be another special 2-episode 9th DVD.
I mean, they say 8 DVD, but don't forget they did the same for the season 1, with the 24+25+special on a 9th DVD...so theoretically there were 9 volumes but they counted it differently.
Considering the anime-festa, they probably can show the "season 2 episode 25"...I highly doubt they are airing only 22 or 23.
Besides, from a business standpoint, if they are really going to put 3 episodes per DVD, it won't make sense if they put the "special" episodes in the 8th DVD along with the last episode of the aired TV series.
Because if so, there won't be the extra revenue from it, for those who want the DVD will buy it regardless of specials.
If you put it in a different DVD, you'd have those who want the DVD buy the full set AND the special DVD, along with those who only want the special.
Now, this is all based on the assumption of another 2-episode special being made, but thats a different story.

Oh, and...
Spoiler for episode 7:

Vicequaizer 2006-05-12 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity
So what does happen...

Spoiler for rest of question:

We all saw a glimpse of it last season in the Senbei episode...:D

Spectacular_Insanity 2006-05-12 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicequaizer
We all saw a glimpse of it last season in the Senbei episode...:D

[sarcasm]Oh, well THAT answers my question! It's not like I haven't seen that episode before.[/sarcasm]

Muir Woods 2006-05-13 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity
So what does happen...

Spoiler for rest of question:

When Belldandy is upset, bad stuff happens, such as a sudden thunderstorm, heavy rain, objects get damaged...etc. Vicequaizer refered to the Senbei episode (episode 16 of last season of AMG) as a reference for examples of this phenomenon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.