AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Crossbone Gundam Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=32457)

Shinji103 2006-05-23 19:50

Crossbone Gundam Manga

From Gunota:

Crossbone Gundam: The Seven Of Steel
UC 0136 (Tobia is 18).
Story involves a scheme progressing from when Dogatie was still alive in which super long-range attacks can be made directly to the Earth from Jupiter.
Tetenith's stepmother (Crux Dogatie's second wife) appears.

Woot! More Crossbone Gundam! :D

Fafnir 2006-05-23 20:25

So long as they don't Destiny it.

Shinji103 2006-05-23 21:19

What to do you mean?

tetsuo69 2006-05-23 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103
What to do you mean?

aslong as it dont turn out to be like Seed destiny :heh: i think thats what he means:heh:

Rich 2006-05-23 21:52

do we have anymore information on this "CrossBone Gundam"? Honestly it sounds a bit cheezy but i can live with it =D

HEDGESMFG 2006-05-23 22:01

Are you saying the new concept for this manga sounds cheesy, or that you don't know of the original Tomino written Crossbone Gundam manga releases?

...Cause if you're saying the later, don't be fooled by the silly sounding name. The original 6 volume manga is probably one of the best Gundam mangas out there.

Rich 2006-05-23 22:08

interesting...... what is it like..... more realistic like seed... or like unrealistic like GGundam and Gundam W?

OmegaZEROCustom 2006-05-23 22:18

LOL, since when was SEED more realistic than Wing?

It's more UC style, which makes sense since it is a UC manga. So think MSG, Zeta and so forth.

Rich 2006-05-23 22:25

like at least in SEED if you shoot a beam rifle at a Gundam, even if it was S-Freedom, the leg will blow up.... not like in Wing where it doesn't matter how many times you shoot Wing, and the zero system.... uber gay, and his rifle can blow up a whole colony -________-|||| basically saying that Wing is impossible to beat, it can destroy the whole world as all we know.......

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-05-23 23:56

comonn ppl we dont want to turn this CLEAN topic into SEED descussion please keep seed away

RX-78GP04G Gerbera 2006-05-24 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by a03
like at least in SEED if you shoot a beam rifle at a Gundam, even if it was S-Freedom, the leg will blow up.... not like in Wing where it doesn't matter how many times you shoot Wing, and the zero system.... uber gay, and his rifle can blow up a whole colony -________-|||| basically saying that Wing is impossible to beat, it can destroy the whole world as all we know.......

The only UC-like Gundam I can think of that could probably match, if not surpass, Wing Gundam Zero would be the the Gundam Double X, lol.

monster 2006-05-24 00:30

Does Crossbone Gundam manga have anything to do with the Crossbone group in the movie F91?
Quote:

Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
The only UC-like Gundam I can think of that could probably match, if not surpass, Wing Gundam Zero would be the the Gundam Double X, lol.

Nu and V2 each is more than enough to handle WZC.

RX-78GP04G Gerbera 2006-05-24 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstert
Does Crossbone Gundam manga have anything to do with the Crossbone group in the movie F91? Nu and V2 each is more than enough to handle WZC.

Well, I meant in terms of raw power...and even then, we still can't compare UC with AC stuff very well given the "immortal" AC Gundams and such.

And, yes, Crossbone Gundam was basically after the F91 movie.

From MAHQ:

First serialized in 1994, Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam has the distinction of being the first (and only) Gundam manga to be written by Yoshiyuki Tomino. Illustrated by Yuichi Hasegawa, the series ran from 1994-97 across six volumes. The series is set in the year UC 133, between the feature film Mobile Suit Gundam F91 and the TV series Mobile Suit Victory Gundam. Ten years have passed since the Crossbone Vanguard began their revolution to establish Cosmo Babylonia. During that decade, Cosmo Babylonia collapsed, and the Crossbone Vanguard became space pirates led by Berah Ronah (aka Cecily Fairchild) and Kincado Nau (aka Seabook Arno). As the Jupiter Empire plots to overthrow the Earth Federation, young Tobia Arronax joins the Crossbone Vanguard and becomes a mobile suit pilot. In 2003, Hasegawa wrote several Crossbone Gundam side stories, which were later collected together in one volume under the name "Skull Heart". At this time, Crossbone Gundam isn't available in the U.S.

nightbringer360 2006-05-24 00:38

We hvae any more details on who's writing this one? Is Tomino coming back?

I'm tempted to get a subscription to Gundam Ace simply so I can read this and translate it as part of my JP learning.

monster 2006-05-24 00:43

Wow, Seabook being a pirate and in league with the Crossbone? I never would've guessed that's what happens to him afterwards. Anyways, thanks for the info.

Deacon Blues 2006-05-24 01:13

Yeah... they are really dragging out Crossbone for all it is worth. Skull Heart was a freaking joke and I'm willing to bet that this series will be as well.

[UKE]Auel 2006-05-24 04:15

Skull Heart could own your silly Out Frame. :p

Shinji103 2006-05-24 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetsuo69
aslong as it dont turn out to be like Seed destiny :heh: i think thats what he means:heh:

I know that. I mean, "in what way do you mean?". As in does he hope Seabook doesn't steal the screen, does he hope there aren't too many new characters, what?

As far as other info regarding this manga, at the moment all the current info is what's been posted at Gunota and in the first post of this thread.

Sety 2006-05-24 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Yeah... they are really dragging out Crossbone for all it is worth. Skull Heart was a freaking joke and I'm willing to bet that this series will be as well.

What happened in Skull Heart anyway if I could ask? I can't find any information on that series.

Shinji103 2006-05-24 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sety
What happened in Skull Heart anyway if I could ask? I can't find any information on that series.

Skull heart is a collection of short stories about the cast from the Crossbone Vanguard manga and how they're faring after the war.