AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mobile Suit Gundam UC Unicorn - Novel thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37778)

Deacon Blues 2006-10-23 06:48

Mobile Suit Gundam UC Unicorn - Novel thread
 
The new Gundam novel (and subsequently rumored 30th year anniversary anime) that is being published in Gundam ACE has been revealed as "Mobile Suit Gundam UC Unicorn" with the main suit having a honking ass horn on its head. Image can be seen here.

More details as they become available.

LightningZERO 2006-10-23 07:38

It doesn't look like a gundam to me...a normal Gudam, that's is

Nightengale 2006-10-23 07:45

Neither were Ez8, Heaven's Sword and Turn-A.

But still....a horn. Ha.

That design looks like Kenki Fujioka's, but at the same time, it feels like Katoki's Virtual-On style.

Kasn 2006-10-23 08:16

Looks great, waiting for new info and better image of mecha and characters.

Sety 2006-10-23 09:02

New UC Gundam = Win

So no word of what UC era its gonna be yet? Otherwise I'm loving the design.

kct 2006-10-23 11:50

Don't tell me it's something like a FSS'd Gundam >.> .

mangatron 2006-10-23 11:54

Really now, I thought the v-crest was the most notable feature of a Gundam. Is this like Turn A where a mustache will be its recognizing point? :heh: :heh:

As nightengale said it does look Vitrual On-ish :heh:

Wait, is this Gundam gonna be like Eva Unit 1? lol....

Or maybe the horn will be a weapon.....complete with Phase Shift coating lol :heh:

JackRydden224 2006-10-23 12:14

Please don't tell me that it will transform into a horse LOL...We already got something like that...

The series will probably take place after Victory (post UC154) so the writers and creaters won't be limited to what they can use. Also the fact that there really isn't a UC series that takes time prior to the last series.

EDIT: On the third look the thing looks like a GM custom with a horn....

EDIT2: I am only seeing the thing from mid-torso up, anyone else see more than that?

mangatron 2006-10-23 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackRydden224 (Post 716372)
EDIT2: I am only seeing the thing from mid-torso up, anyone else see more than that?

I think we all are seeing that :)

And... transform into a horse? Oh my....lol :heh:

kaito-kid 2006-10-23 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sety (Post 716142)
New UC Gundam = Win

So no word of what UC era its gonna be yet? Otherwise I'm loving the design.

humm....no.
New UC Gundam anime directed by tomino = Win
and i'm pretty sure that tomino is not going to direct this one.

Deacon Blues 2006-10-23 13:57

Some information has pointed to the fact that this is a "hidden" project from after the Gryps Campaign. :S

monster 2006-10-23 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deacon Blues (Post 716077)
The new Gundam novel (and subsequently rumored 30th year anniversary anime)

Are you saying there's going to be an anime series that goes along with this novel storywise or is it just going to appear about the same time as the novel?

NeonZ 2006-10-23 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstert (Post 716542)
Are you saying there's going to be an anime series that goes along with this novel storywise or is it just going to appear about the same time as the novel?

The creator of the novel said that he hoped an animated version would be made for the 30th aniversary, I think that means the novel itself will be turned into an anime, but that's only for 2009 (IF it ever happens).

wingdarkness 2006-10-23 18:03

Not exactly what I expected...A Unicorn Gundam seems a bit too pretentious even in my book...but I am open-minded and do welcome a UC adaptation following the current state of CE Gundam....Personally for an anniversary type of series I'd perfer something a bit more traditional (Part of my fascination would be seeing UC Mobile Suits and characters drawn with today's animation), however I can deal because it isn't all about the surface with me...

Heh...maybe the "horn" splits down the middle and turns into an antenna :eyebrow: ...

Deacon Blues 2006-10-23 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingdarkness (Post 716764)
Not exactly what I expected...A Unicorn Gundam seems a bit too pretentious even in my book...but I am open-minded and do welcome a UC adaptation following the current state of CE Gundam....Personally for an anniversary type of series I'd perfer something a bit more traditional (Part of my fascination would be seeing UC Mobile Suits and characters drawn with today's animation), however I can deal because it isn't all about the surface with me...

Heh...maybe the "horn" splits down the middle and turns into an antenna :eyebrow: ...

That's what the Zeta movies did.

Kikuchi 2006-10-23 19:06

I think too it's kinda Virtual-on-ish. But I love that, it looks damn good.

Let's wait my friends.

wingdarkness 2006-10-23 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deacon Blues (Post 716798)
That's what the Zeta movies did.




Zeta Movies simply added and changed things via animation (Keeping alot of the older animation intact while fusing in new material)...what I was talking about is a whole new UC series with today's animation not having any connection to Zeta or whatever where you have to draw a 2005 version of Amuro's afro because the first series was in the 70's...Still would perfer something a little more traditional as stated, but I can deal, because the picture doesn't say everything (Hell it's still speculative at best that this will be the series)...Maybe I'll 404 that image a little later for some opinions on some other boards xD...

Syn13 2006-10-23 20:02

reminds me of something like Katoki's stuff(Wild Wueger from SRW).

Things look interesting for the Gundam now, especially this U.C. design.

JackRydden224 2006-10-23 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deacon Blues (Post 716496)
Some information has pointed to the fact that this is a "hidden" project from after the Gryps Campaign. :S

Hmmmm that means is either between ZZ and CCA or between CCA and F91.

There are only 2 years between the first and second Neo Zeon war, so I doubt it will take time then. Between CCA (0093) and F91 (0123) is more likely. Even though we have stuff like Mafty's rebellion and Formula projects there are a lot of gaps left to be filled. But then a project from the Gryps conflict wouldn't do much good post CCA..

*The thought of having the main MS being underpowerd sounds good though...

EDIT: On the Nth look the thing reminds me a bit of Blood Temple....

Crusader 2006-10-23 22:29

A novel and supposed anime, and it's suppsoe to take place after gryps stuff so i'm looking around the ZZ timeline if what deacon says is true. Interesting indeed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.