AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   So I was at EB Today (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=382)

Zigma 2003-11-06 20:53

So I was at EB Today

www.ebgames.com for those who don't know :hmm:

Ok, I am at EB down at the corner of 83st and 3rd ave in midtown manhattan and I'm buying a Gamecube with 2 games for my little brother for christmas. (we put it away, he doesnt know i got it for him :) ) and so, As im waiting to pay, This dude ~KID is traiding a bunch of anime DVDs from Lain to some other stuff and I ask him, Ah you like anime as well. He goes like, Oh yeah man, die hard. We start talking and i ask him if he visits Animesuki, he sais something about animeoutpost etc and i tell him how i fansub unlicened anime etc and i tell him "Hey, Lain is a good anime." (He is traiding it in) He responds "Yep, I'm glad I have a DVD-Burner." and he starts to laugh and I giggle and put a evil grin and the clerk stops what he's doing for like 2 seconds and continues.

What a asshole. :nono:

NoSanninWa 2003-11-06 20:59

That's really stupid. I can't believe that he bragged about ripping off the store right in front of the sales clerk. If stores were forums he would have gotten a ban right there. As it is, I'm not sure what the clerk could have done even if he cares... it's just repulsive.

Esperchld 2003-11-06 21:18

Well, I can give one that is one step further (for stupid things in stores that is).

I was at a GameStop (Software ect. at the time) and the manager there sat there and showed me how to get the game out in a way that makes the case still count as unopened. Granted I don't copy games, and didn't at the time. Last I checked they were supposed to be keeping the number of returns as low as possible.

Zigma 2003-11-06 21:24

what troubled me the most is that he brags about doing it like it's a "cool" thing. I felt like bitch slapping him.

Esperchld 2003-11-06 21:26

thats when you 'accidently' trip him on his way out.

Tabiree 2003-11-06 23:06

Rude, disrespectful, mean. If it were me serving I'd of not allowed a return. EB in Australia has done that with DVDs in paticular, unless there's a really good reason

Supernaut 2003-11-07 03:18

Sounded to me like this sleaze is selling (for cash or store credit) his "old" anime. EB and some other stores around here have a selection of used DVD's for sale.

Tell me they don't already know (or care) that the people selling back the dvd's aren't duping 'em first.

Don't see the point myself - you don't get that much back per disk. $3.00 - $5.00 each doesn't cover my time and expenses to make the dupe.

cf18 2003-11-07 11:06

I don't see the point of doing that. With the money he lost on trade-in and the cost of DVD-R, it probably cost almost the same to buy a second hand copy. And DVD renting would be cheaper than trade in.