AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Negima (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Negima Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=39113)

xris 2006-11-21 18:54

Negima Episode 8 Discussion / Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Negima, Episode 8!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

TnAdct1 2006-11-22 13:40

Spoiler:


Anyways, it appears that Nodoka is the other girl that shines in this episode, as most of the episode is set at Library Island, and there's a series of eyecatches featuring the characters that appear in this episode sporting the glasses that she wears in cosplay form (I've taken it that meganekko Nodoka is a huge hit).

Burning Man 2006-11-22 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnAdct1 (Post 747085)
Spoiler:


Anyways, it appears that Nodoka is the other girl that shines in this episode, as most of the episode is set at Library Island, and there's a series of eyecatches featuring the characters that appear in this episode sporting the glasses that she wears in cosplay form (I've taken it that meganekko Nodoka is a huge hit).

Disagree with that i do so much.:mad: Glasses Nodoka look ugly.

Vexx 2006-11-22 15:52

I prefer Nodoka without glasses as well... but apparently the slobbering fanboys in Akihibara speak otherwise (assuming they're using survey checks.

Watched the raw of ep 8 ....
It is fascinating in that it looks like we may get most of the bits we want to see animated in this series but told in topsy-turvy ways (Setsuna’s special features, a trip to the library, Nodoka goodness, Sayo’s situation and maybe back story later, etc).
I have this vision of a huge whiteboard in the studio with every story segment ever done in Negima tacked to it with magnets and they’re combining them depending on the brainstorm silliness of the week.

My assessment that the overall them of the show is "Negima omake silly" appears to be holding up mostly...

We get bits of Kaede and Setsuna in addition to Nodoka and the twins this time.

If you don't mind me asking, burning man, what *is* your primary language?

Scorpio3.14 2006-11-22 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Man (Post 747124)
Disagree with that i do so much.:mad: Glasses Nodoka look ugly.

Do you even watch the episodes? :eyebrow: You've voted a 1 on pretty much every episode so far as soon as the Raws come out. I have a hard time believing that someone who hates every episode so much would bother both downloading and watching each Raw as soon as they come out...

Anyways, I thought it was another good episode. Nothing spectacular, but definitely funny and entertaining :p Glad to see they are picking up the storyline again as well as focus on some new characters. Although...

Spoiler:

Deathkillz 2006-11-22 16:11

well im the pactio with the twins were expected...but i loved the way the writers did it...it was full of atmosphere and the BGM was exellent for it...yep i think it was planned all along too and its just a matter of time till the whole class joins negi in his room for the secret talk :heh:

lots of randoms scenes and for me to even try to summerize would be crazy :heh:
the extreme face expressions was creepy but it reminded me of good old Pani Poni Dash :)

no baka rangers this time but something else thats equally funny ^_^

btw anyone notice a new scene in the OP? damit i can see what number it is T_T

Cai Calamigarde 2006-11-22 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 747162)
well im the pactio with the twins were expected...but i loved the way the writers did it...it was full of atmosphere and the BGM was exellent for it...yep i think it was planned all along too and its just a matter of time till the whole class joins negi in his room for the secret talk :heh:

lots of randoms scenes and for me to even try to summerize would be crazy :heh:
the extreme face expressions was creepy but it reminded me of good old Pani Poni Dash :)

no baka rangers this time but something else thats equally funny ^_^

btw anyone notice a new scene in the OP? damit i can see what number it is T_T

noo, it was there from the 2nd eps, i mean skirt whatever... i dont find it funny though :p

Vexx 2006-11-22 16:42

The skirt has been there a few episodes.. its more of an "ah ha, gotcha!!" to see who's paying attention.

Scorpio3.14 : religious zealotry comes in many forms :)

TnAdct1 2006-11-22 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpio3.14 (Post 747150)
Anyways, I thought it was another good episode. Nothing spectacular, but definitely funny and entertaining :p Glad to see they are picking up the storyline again as well as focus on some new characters. Although...

Spoiler:

Spoiler for possible manga spoilers:

Burning Man 2006-11-22 17:02

Vexx: Mexico. Spanish I speak. Learn english i not too well. i stupid. :-P English hard!

Scorpio3.14: Watch i do to find bad places. Glasses Nodoka one of them.

Deathkillz: Look at shadow of girl. Nodoka it look to be.

Deathkillz 2006-11-22 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 747196)
The skirt has been there a few episodes.. its more of an "ah ha, gotcha!!" to see who's paying attention.

oh damit...i blame myself for blinking too much :heh:

nodoka with glasses look really cute imo...but it could just be a glasses fetish of mine :heh:

Vexx 2006-11-22 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Man (Post 747219)
Vexx: Mexico. Spanish I speak. Learn english i not too well. i stupid. :-P English hard!

Scorpio3.14: Watch i do to find bad places. Glasses Nodoka one of them.

Deathkillz: Look at shadow of girl. Nodoka it look to be.

Just curious.. sometimes your grammar has more of an asian feel to it and sometimes more of a Latin-derived grammar sense (of which Spanish is a descendent like German, French, and parts of English). Keep practicing though .... I know just enough spanish to work my through a mexican grocery store and order food in a restaurant (we have a large Hispanic community in our area). I picked up some German back in high school and am currently learning Japanese.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nodoka is the one losing her skirt --- she has the maximum embarrassment response and the cartoon Law of 'Has to Happen' says that it should be her :)

Scorpio3.14 2006-11-22 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Man (Post 747219)
Scorpio3.14: Watch i do to find bad places. Glasses Nodoka one of them.

So you watch something you hate so you can find more things you don't like about it?? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 747246)
I wouldn't be surprised if Nodoka is the one losing her skirt --- she has the maximum embarrassment response and the cartoon Law of 'Has to Happen' says that it should be her :)

I'm actually thinking its Chisame. Mainly because in episode #5, around the 11:26 mark her skirt falls down in a very similar way that reminded me of the OP. Just seemed to similar to be a coincidence to me :p Then again maybe I'm reading to much into it lol

Vexx 2006-11-22 18:40

Could be... I have not a shred of evidence to back up my claim :)
They don't number the girls in that sequence do they?

djmaca 2006-11-22 20:58

I wonder how he felt kissing them both. As if it's normal for him to kiss all those girls!

dahl_moon 2006-11-23 00:03

Loved the Library Island, it somehow reminded me of "Die Stadt der Traümenden Bücher, " by Walter Moers. Talk about taking books to the extreme - book waterfalls, book pools, even
Spoiler:

But I didn't really care for the pactio. It felt a bit rushed, cheapened even.

Cai Calamigarde 2006-11-23 07:57

ending< singers changed again,
who now, does someone know?

garra113 2006-11-23 10:16

Hey is it just me or did anyone notice the OP for the song Sparkling1000% got a lot faster all of a sudden?

djmaca 2006-11-23 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garra113 (Post 747829)
Hey is it just me or did anyone notice the OP for the song Sparkling1000% got a lot faster all of a sudden?

Hmm... so you too huh?

Yes I felt it did go a bit faster too. Like 1.8 seconds faster... Until the RAWs are out I can't be sure of it.

USCPharmacist 2006-11-24 18:34

Just watch the sub, very interesting episode. Although this Negi is really the pimp, I can't believe he just say ok to the twin, maybe once he tasted maiden's lips, he can't stop hahahhaha, the real Negi in the manga will most likely not answer yes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.