Macross Vo Xp
I've loockin' this game for ages. Two day ago I found it an awesome blog with all the information about this anime game and now I wanna share with you: http://macrossvoxp.blogspot.com
I wish I could say something nice about the game. Unfortunately, it's really not that great. I'd only reccomend it to fellow Macross fans who are starved for a game that puts them in the cockpit of a Valkyrie.
Actually, it does do some fantastic things with inertia. If someone does ever get around to making a great Macross flight sim, I hope they do keep that in mind.
But aside from that, the graphics were sub-par even for the time. There's only about three different kinds of areas (deep space, rings of Saturn, close to Jupiter, if I recall), you only get the VF-1, and if I remember right the Zentradi only throw battlepods, space fighters, and two kinds of ships. Also, your own ship is supposed to be a Megaroad class ship, but the model is that of the original Macross. That's like playing a Star Trek game where they say your ship is the Excelsior, but the in-game model is the Enterprise.
Really, I'd love to see a fantastic Macross flight sim made, but if you have a modded PS1 or PS2, Macross VF-X2 is a much better game, if much more arcade style, and I've heard good things about the Macross PS2 game.
I've completed VF-X2 years ago, but for what I can recall it's the best Macross game I've seen and played. I still need to search for the PS2 game though...
I actually preferred the first VFX; I found the second game a bit tougher to play. But that's just my opinion.
If anybody really wants a macross fix you could always go with Another Century's Episode 2 where it plays a big part in some of the games scenarios. Also you get to do the assault on Gorg Bedolzaa's fortress in the last mission with Do You Remember Love playing in the background.
meh. if you want to play macross, just get homeworld and the Macross Mod. :p
Heh. The Homeworld Macross Mod is fantastic, but it's no Valkyrie simulator. Most Macross fans really just want to hop in the cockpit of their favourite variable fighter.
I'm really hoping that the Homeworld 2 mod surfaces some time. I've seen screenshots, and heard tantalizing details from those working on it, but nothing ever seemed to go anywhere with it.
mmm...you do have a point.
But what your proposing would give you some akind to Planetside Universe with the flying Mecha on the Vasu(?) Side (but without real hardcore functions or the transformations)
but i suppose you can get a compromise, grab a modern fighter simulation game, with Variable Fighter Mod, then when you get close to the ground, quickly switch to a Mecha Simulation game with a Macross Variable Fighter mod....rinse then repeat...
Seriously, it just needs a Mecha simulation game with a total mod. unfortunately, Mecha simulation been on the decline, the last great mecha simulation for the PC was "Heavy Gear 2" in my opinion.
It's almost impossible to find that game legally, and for downloads, it doesn't work well on XP let alone on my 64bit version.
ahh...the only reason to have Windows 98...
mmm..must be my imagination....anyway like i was saying, we need more hardcore mecha simulations...
mind you, that does look nice, but it's abit on the arcadey side, i want more simulation elements put into it....
Macross Robotech VOXP PC Anime Multiplayer Game
According to yokokanno and radd post, I bring to you information about the updates about this game.
First of all, we have Macross VO. After that, became Macross VOXP and nowadays thanks to gabriel brooks and Joseph Lanza from United States we have Robotech VOXP Total Conversion Mod
For more information goto the link Yokokanno has posted (the first post). You can translate that website to the english and many languages.
voxp is good for vs play. I played a few LAN tourneys a while ago and it was really fun and that's where it shines. Story mode is meh. VFX was pretty poor IMO. VFX2 was entertaining but far too easy. BTW both were PS1 games
SDF Macross (Ntsc-J) for ps2 is the best Macross game I've played.
Macross VOXP Update
Macross VoXPlus v0.1 Beta
This extension has been finished in October 20th - 2009 by “TodoMacrossVOXP en Español” team http://macrossvoxp.blogspot.com - http://macrossrobotech.forosonline.es - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dedicated to pioneers Lance Team (first Macross Vo translation) and Gabriel Brooks (first Skinner)
From Fans to Fans.
It's a free. Do not sell it.
Zentradi and Meltradi textures by Gabe Brooks, a great skinner, pioner of VOXP
VOXP English an Spanish translation by Todo Macross VOXP team.
*Cheers to the translation pioners, the Lance Team (old VO version)
YF-19 Cockpit for Isamu Dyson by Todo Macross VOXP team
Graphic User Interface, whole theme based on Japanimation Macross Plus
50 replacements for pilot pictures based only on Japanimation Macross Plus Remastered edition OVA.
Fixed gain for the all sound FX and 21 repacement sound based on Macross Plus OVA and Movie edition.
All the background music from the Macross Plus OST album and mixed for each misión battle.
Better resolution planet pictures thanks to “www.ciclops.org” (Cassini Imaging Central Laboratory OPerationS) and http://www.solarviews.com satelite pictures source.
Any material present for means of advertising or product marketing, such as logos, trademarks, product data, and others are shown and used with the owners' (or its legal representative), author, developer or Copyright holders' due licence.
1. We recommend to use headphones or good computer speakers.
2. If you want to battle in the Sharon Apple Atmosphere stage, you need to set "SPACE" in the spaceSELECT option at Mission:Stand Alone.
3. Also you may battle in the desert, inside VoXPlus/model, fist you need to replace the bg1.bmp with a special copy named bg1back.bmp, just invert the names and reopen de game.
4. There is another optional image called aex2.bmp in the same folder, just invert the names with the aex1.bmp to see it.
5. If you want to disable ingame voices, you may copy all the .WAV files from the VoXPlus\sound\VoiceOff folder to overwrite the files in the VoXPlus/sound folder.
6. Every transformable 3d model is not compatible with any previews mod or the clasic VOXP game, you can not use the .X files from the VoXPlus in the Macross VOXP or Fan Extension v1.1, we are working to fix the future Fan Extension release more compatible with the VoXPlus Extension.
7. All the 3d models has been reformated for easy viewing or import to any 3d software, including the 3d models from Zentradi/Meltrandi.
TO GET NEW MODELS ON CAMPAIGNE MODE
• X-9 Ghost – You can get it with 1400 bonus (just like Miria VF-1 ) when you start mission 1 you have 800 bonus.
• YF-19 – You can get it with 1600 bonus (just like VF-1 Max) when you start mission 1 you have 800 bonus
• YF-21 (incompleto) – You can get it with 1600 bonus (just like VF-1 Max) when you start mission 1 you have 800 bonus
• ISAMU’S COCKPIT – After left SDF press F8 key Then press Control key and move your mouse.
Macross VoXPlus v0.1 Beta MUSIC VERSION
Macross VoXPlus v0.1 Beta No Music NO MUSIC VERSION
MORE INFO: http://macrossrobotech.forosonline.es/boar...nish-t2122.html
I just LOVE playing VOXP!!! >___<
Besides, the macross voxp team did a really good job on this new extension!! <3
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.