AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Pumpkin Scissors (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Pumpkin Scissors Episode 18 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=42593)

xris 2007-02-04 06:28

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 18!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

Cyz 2007-02-04 17:05

Screenshots of episode 18 courtesy of Random Curiosity. LOOK AT IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Spoiler:

The-Ghost 2007-02-04 18:46

thanks cys

KoroshiyaX 2007-02-06 12:35

The best part of this ep when Stekkin yells out "Ultimate/Finishing Move, Pumpkin Scissors" followed by the scissor hand-chop on the head of that soldier that was making fun of them LOL.

kingofthemoleppl 2007-02-07 15:29

So, this really seems to have become a dancing animu. :heh:
Nice break from the drama, though.

[x] make that the new ed

Anh_Minh 2007-02-07 15:34

Agreed on the finishing move.

I do hope the ED replacement isn't definitive, though.

Mentar 2007-02-07 15:50

I thought that Oland took the cake today...

"There's freedom of religion" *LOL*

I can't rate this episode, all Stekkin parts were simply way too bizarre ^_^

And no, this was no filler. I'll say this episode reminded me very much of Mai HiME 16. One episode of zany craziness, before the end run kicks in. And the end run is about to begin. Ballroom battle ho!

mtarzaim 2007-02-07 18:39

At last, the truth is known !
Yes !
David didn't kill Goliath with some slingshots.
No ! He used the Pum-Pum Dance ! XD

Nice break from the serious story. And I loved Oland's face when he saw Stekkin's dance. He was more frightened than fighting any super-heavy flam-thrower tank.
Only the "Twisted Nurse of the Narrow Bottle" would have given him such fear ! ^^

It's also nice to see that a child remains a child in some ways, even in the army.
But the drawing in her diary seems to announce sad events ... like a family picture from a certain Maes Hughes.

Trax 2007-02-08 09:07

Filler or not, this episode was absolutely awful. After the Pumpkin Scissors song/dance I felt exactly like Orland and was in shock; I wanted to stop watching this episode altogether. The redeeming bits of this episode were some of the gags and the pieces of info given on the side such as the talks within Section I. Before it was never that noticeable but now that she was in the spotlight I've come to realize what a worthless character Stekkin is. The dog is more useful than her.

Skane 2007-02-08 12:16

After Kanon's Ep18, I get treated to an even more eye-searing dance? My soul was screeching in agony from the... the... *words-cannot-describe-it* dance.

Still, there were some pretty funny moments... especially the one at Machs' expense. :p

Oh man...

Kensuke 2007-02-08 15:30

Pu-Pu-Pu-Pumpkin.

It wasn't bad, sure it was stupid and silly but it was also funny and I laughed out loud several times. I think the new ED was for this episode only.
But nothing else happened besides some funny parts and Stekkin fanservice, plus the red haired girl is back again. So filler except the ending revelation. :twitch:

Goofus Maximus 2007-02-08 16:23

It was a nice break from the depressing atmosphere of the last few episodes, while not throwing the other charactors into "zany" mode.

I do wonder if the new ending song is a one-time thing, or if we're going to be "pum pum pumpu-keen"-d from now on...

Asianknight82 2007-02-08 17:17

Seems like Stekkin is starting to have a thing for the big guy, eh? I enjoyed this episode, i thought it was very funny.

Anh_Minh 2007-02-08 17:22

To me, it seems more like Stekkin has the emotional maturity of an eight year old. Too young to have a thing for anyone!

Asianknight82 2007-02-08 17:53

lol, she's just inexperienced XP

Guido 2007-02-09 02:25

A Small Force

It was a cute episode, and if you did not get carry away with all of the Stekkin moeness, then it actually move on with the mood of the aftermath from last episode.
Spoiler:

Pa-Pa-Pa-Pumpkin dance! Ok. The new ED song sounds more like a Stekkin character insert song that came out from the soundtrack. Poor for Oland, Machs, and Oreld for having been dragged to become the member choir.:heh:

Comedy Gold.
Spoiler:

Stekkin main concern was to freshen the grissly mood and to cheer everyone that it is not the end of the world, if some mistakes were made.

Deathkillz 2007-02-09 12:16

well here goes Machs reputation down the big old drain :heh: "one man machine!" ^__^

so after all the drama this ep is used to take some pressure off ~
Stekkin just kills me with her "pumpkin chop" XD but still the disturbing images of plan C remains O.o nooooo!

phelan_kell 2007-02-09 12:23

I still can't help but feel disgusted by this episode. After the huge amounts of tension from the last couple, this felt like it wanted to relieve the tension way too quickly.

Jewelray 2007-02-09 13:38

Hopeless. This show is hopeless.

"I just came to a horrible realization about the state of corruption in the government and the futility of my actions. LOL Masturbation."

Deathkillz 2007-02-09 14:01

well yes i agree that the show has lost it's initial spark...but still it is watchable if you are willing to waste 20 mins :heh:

and the ED song is...strange to say the least XD