AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Death Note (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Death Note Episode 18 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=43014)

monir 2007-02-13 12:57

Death Note Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Death Note, Episode 18!

Thread Guidelines
  • Keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread, or face a BAN!
    You may not even post manga spoilers in spoiler tags!
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or post in the Manga thread. Please be considerate of anime only watchers, too many manga spoilers are being posted, so please, no more!
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for reminder:

Please remember, no manga spoilers are allowed in this thread!

psycho bolt 2007-02-13 16:26

oOoOoOo I can't wait.

Janey777 2007-02-13 17:34

I found these 3 images from upcoming episode. Supercute ones! :p

Still no new op&ending this time, how frustrating :(

Shiroth 2007-02-13 19:33

I'm guessing the new OP & ED shall start next week if anything, anyway..

Pretty good episode, the first half was something i've been looking forward to.. Misa & L, or how i could listen to there convo's for hours. The fight scene was pretty well done, and did a good job at getting the point across.. something you'll find out when watching. :3

& even in the anime, Aiber still makes me lol.

ThoHell 2007-02-13 22:58

Hmmm....am I still watching Death Note?

Spoiler for ep. 18:

striderm 2007-02-13 23:30

Spoiler:

shakildwz 2007-02-14 07:22

A more slowed down episode, however alot of plot development.

Spoiler for About Light's Personality Change:

Deathkillz 2007-02-14 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThoHell (Post 832366)
Hmmm....am I still watching Death Note?

Spoiler for ep. 18:

i have to agree ~
Spoiler:

SealedTears 2007-02-14 14:33

well i dont know what to give this episode, but it wasent something that i woude go "omg wtf" episode so i guess il give it a 7 :/

Super Ska Master 2007-02-14 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 832157)
I'm guessing the new OP & ED shall start next week if anything, anyway..

Pretty good episode, the first half was something i've been looking forward to.. Misa & L, or how i could listen to there convo's for hours. The fight scene was pretty well done, and did a good job at getting the point across.. something you'll find out when watching. :3

& even in the anime, Aiber still makes me lol.

It shouldnt start until the first arc is over. Right now, I think it's about 2/3 over.

FlashCE 2007-02-14 18:43

I love this episode. Ironically, my favourite episodes are 17 and 18, which are the most controversial ones yet.

Matrim 2007-02-14 20:37

Not a bad episode but it seemed to Light and L got to the concluison that someone from Yotsuba was behind the murders a bit too easily. This Matsuda guy is becoming ever more annoying but thankfully we saw little of Misa. What I liked the most was L's cool and detached behaviour when the policemen started wondering whether to quit or not.

psycho bolt 2007-02-14 21:22

This episode is still good anime quality even though there isn't any suspense in it. Some people don't like the story mood change, but I don't see anything wrong. Some things are revealed such as that L had money to finance his workers even they are unemployed. L can sure come up with right on conclusions/assumptions. He concluded that Kira is giving power to people and if they lose the power, they lose their memories. Then again he said that Kira can control people, which is kinda true and false. Dunno if the subtitles were right, but I guess they are. I rate this episode a decent 8/10, since it isn't the best of all. It had some nice humor. I kinda like it better than last episode.

karumofin 2007-02-14 22:34

what i see wrong is that ive come to hate and despise the character of light for being a hatable villain and now he turns into the complete opposite.
i can understand that his character changed a lot through the death note, but where is his emotional coldness that he usually shows towards everything?
he should be mad at L, he should look down on him for his wrong assumptions... even before the death note i firmly believe that light was a complete asshole ;)

CrYsYs 2007-02-14 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by karumofin (Post 833395)
what i see wrong is that ive come to hate and despise the character of light for being a hatable villain and now he turns into the complete opposite.
i can understand that his character changed a lot through the death note, but where is his emotional coldness that he usually shows towards everything?
he should be mad at L, he should look down on him for his wrong assumptions... even before the death note i firmly believe that light was a complete asshole ;)

Well, before the death note he just seemed like a regular high school senior that is bored with life. We don't really see him being an asshole...more like just someone bored.

Also concerning Light's personality change, I believe an earlier post in this topic by shakildwz provides a pretty good explanation.

ApathyEcstasy 2007-02-14 23:00

hmm i guess i was wrong...the obviously lower production values continue unabated!

karumofin 2007-02-14 23:02

he is still the light that would make the decission that the world would be better if you killed all criminals. because of that he should be a kira supporter, if anything. and only interested in proving his own innocense.

psycho bolt 2007-02-14 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy (Post 833408)
hmm i guess i was wrong...the obviously lower production values continue unabated!

Yeah, ok the characters right now are dissappointing to you. Doesn't mean the production values will go down. We haven't found anything out yet and people are already crying.

HurricaneHige 2007-02-15 00:47

This ep was kinda weak...very slow tbh

Spoiler for question to the manga peeps:

EternalDestiny 2007-02-15 04:27

This episode was fansubbed surprisingly quick. Anyways...
Spoiler for Epi 18: