AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Mezzo Forte TV: Danger Service Agency (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=4407)

hunterx 2004-01-06 15:14

Mezzo Forte TV: Danger Service Agency

is any group going to pick this up? mezzo forte is obviously one of my fav H animes

Shii 2004-01-06 16:04

Don't worry, hunterx, it's already been picked up

[edit] Oh, you mean the new TV series rather than the OVA... :o

The dreamer 2004-01-06 16:09

it seem the serie didn't contain hentai !
i hear Aone want do it...

Mephisto03 2004-01-06 16:52

It looks really good, to bad its only 13 eps. The problem I see with this one is that a couple of groups are going to pick it up. I'd like us to, but i'm sure 5 others will also. I'll just wait for someone else to since were working on something special hopefully.

Lucier 2004-01-06 18:20

it's already licenced... but I'm sure that a few groups will pick it up anyway..
not that you'll see it on animesuki...
(I've seen three sources that say mezzo TV (not the hentai) is licenced... so I'm pretty sure it is)

bayoab 2004-01-07 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucier
it's already licenced... but I'm sure that a few groups will pick it up anyway..
not that you'll see it on animesuki...
(I've seen three sources that say mezzo TV (not the hentai) is licenced... so I'm pretty sure it is)

To clarify, it is licensed, we just dont know by who (and dont use this as an idiotic excuse to claim its unlicensed). Media blasters stated that they had to sell the license to another company due to the depression which the US was previously in. Therefore, someone definitely has it.

Shii 2004-01-07 10:24

"Previously"? You're quite an optimist.

shinobu4ever 2004-01-07 10:30

i'll download it anyone just to check it out before i buy
Cant wait to see some of those action scenes!!
i hope geneon or adv get it

Ballz 2004-01-07 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayoab
To clarify, it is licensed, we just dont know by who (and dont use this as an idiotic excuse to claim its unlicensed). Media blasters stated that they had to sell the license to another company due to the depression which the US was previously in. Therefore, someone definitely has it.

America hasn't been in a depression for about 75 years now. MB probably had to sell because they're suffering badly due to people not buying their inferior anime product.

But I digress. :uhoh:

I figured it'd already be licensed to MB from the start, so where does this information that they had to sell it come from?

The dreamer 2004-01-07 19:11

[aj] just finish the first episode, it's cool no ^^
For the sake who was affraid not see it, you're relive now ? :hmm:

bayoab 2004-01-07 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashibaka
"Previously"? You're quite an optimist.

This info comes from Otakon 2003 MB panel, and I used previously because it was the deep depression of the first 2 quarters that caused the sale (this was as close to the actual quote that i could get ..)

stingray 2004-01-07 19:41

so i assume it's a non-H ver. of the OAV series? OAV was okay but had a few plotholes. guess they made up for that w/ graphic rape scenes...

Ballz 2004-01-07 19:48

Does anyone have any concrete info about it being licensed?

LordBrian 2004-01-07 20:17

A recession is not the same thing as a depression, and is definitely not the same thing as a "deep depression."

Kaze23114 2004-01-07 20:58

wha?

I am confused.. so this is a clean version of Mezzo? cause when I saw it I was like WHOA was Mezzo not an H anime? a good one at that?

Ballz 2004-01-07 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaze23114
I am confused.. so this is a clean version of Mezzo? cause when I saw it I was like WHOA was Mezzo not an H anime? a good one at that?

It's a TV series. There's only so much they can get away with.

blackwing 2004-01-07 21:17

Mezzo TV isnt H

Mezzo OVA isnt H...
the sex scenes in it were so insignificant to anything else in it... that the "cut" version that was also made... u couldnt tell that they cut it... cause, it had no effect on the story at all

and also.. just cause it has a sex scenes.. doesnt just make it H :P it just "Adult" situated

Tboz 2004-01-08 03:05

I am wondering why is it licensed so early, I heard Mezzo Forte wasn't any big success? :confused:

Jasconius 2004-01-08 03:26

MEZZO TV should definitely be counted as licensed.

This is all straight from John Sirabella of Media Blasters from their panel at Otakon.

Media Blasters originally was going to co-fund the project, but then in the economic downturn at the beginning of the year, they decided that they needed to drop some projects, including MEZZO TV. However, they negotiated with the Japanese companies involved to have yet another, unnamed US company co-fund the production instead. So SOMEONE has co-funded the project, and is sure to release it, but we just don't know who it is. If that's not confirmed... ^^;

a_nevels666 2004-01-08 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwing
Mezzo TV isnt H

Mezzo OVA isnt H...
the sex scenes in it were so insignificant to anything else in it... that the "cut" version that was also made... u couldnt tell that they cut it... cause, it had no effect on the story at all

and also.. just cause it has a sex scenes.. doesnt just make it H :P it just "Adult" situated

Mezzo OVA is VERY H.

Yes, the sex scenes were very gratuitous and not really part of the story. But because of their graphic nature the OVA leans very much towards hentai in my opinion.

Anyway, just saw episode 1, and I have to say: best animation I've seen in a TV episode for at least a year.
It's better than the OVA even.