AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Over Drive (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=45204)

hi no ken Jebus 2007-04-03 21:12

Over Drive

Based on a manga by Yasuda Tsuyoshi that's serialized in the Shonen Magazine.

TV Tokyo page http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/overdrive/

Animation: Xebec.
Director: Takao Kato
Series Composition: Katsuhiko Koide
Music: K tani
Original creator: Tsuyoshi Yasuda
Character Design: Yuichi Ouka

Not really familiar with the story since I just saw this on a whim. Anyway short summary based on episode 1 which seems to be a two parter, Mikoto Shinozaki is a clumsy, wimpy, shy, and quiet first year high school student who is more of a gofer and loser. He likes Yuki Fukazawa who sits next to him in class and is the popular girl type. One day she finds him drawing in the classroom after school and talks to him. She gives him advice so he can try changing himself and tells him to join the cycling club after he asks to draw her and gets very intense and into it. She later takes him to the cycling clubhouse and shows him a bike and tells him cycling is all about heart and what not which she has a hunch that he has plenty of. She seems to have ulterior motives since her older brother who is the club captain will give her money for people she brings to join. Mikoto declines since he can't ride a bike but after having a wet dream of him riding one with Yuki in a bathing suit he decides to give it a shot.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9863/od01kq4.th.jpg

Long story short think Eyeshield 21 with cycling instead of American football

gianna 2007-04-03 21:43

Someone finally made a thread!

...after having a wet dream of him riding one with Yuki in a bathing suit...
Ahhh So that explains what seemed as a girl randomly in a bikini - Thanks for the caps - I only saw what was posted at the board this afternoon

Like ES21 I find the exaggerations (MAGIC GLOWING) a bit ridiculous sometimes but I'm looking forward to watching this

Koroku 2007-04-03 22:55

I'll torrent this tonight, so look in places that have such things.

I really like the opening song, it's catchy and has a really nice beat. The ending on the other hand...

The actual content of the episode (I only watched bits and pieces of it) didn't really interest me. I'll probably grab an episode if someone subs it, otherwise... probably won't go out on a limb to find the RAWs again.

Katapan 2007-04-04 09:07

I wonder why there is so little information about this series... it's not like the studio is unknown or anything. Well, I tried to gather at least some info here and there:

Cast:
Yuuki Kaji as Mikoto Shinozaki
Kaori Nazuka as Yuki Fukazawa
Makoto Yasumura as Myousuke Fukazawa
Kenji Nojima as Kouichi Terao
Kishou Taniyama as Takeshi Yamato

Opening theme: 少年カミカゼ - 「WINDER~ボクハココニイル~」 (SHONEN KAMIKAZE - 「WINDER ~boku wa koko ni iru~」)
...and I couldn't find anything about the ED.

The new spring tuesday shows were almost all a disappointment, but this was a rather pleasant surprise (I had no expectations for this title at all). Thanks for opening this thread, hi no ken Jebus, or else it might have gone even more unnoticed.

Crystal_Method 2007-04-04 11:39

I have a feeling this series will be underrated. The first episode was actually pretty good. I love how his pants randomly fell down, and also the part when he fell on his face running away crying. I hope a fansub group will pick this up.

lommm 2007-04-05 05:59

what age group is this aimed at do you think?

Grv 2007-04-05 06:58

Just added the cast to ANN so thought I'd post these additions here.

Additional Cast
Sayuri Yahagi as Kaho Asahi
Ryotaro Okiayu as Naoto Hyoudou

Additional Staff
Art Director: Watanabe, Keito
Sound Director: Takadera, Takeshi
3D Director: Abe, Yumiko
Director of Photography: Kurosawa, Yutaka
Color Setting: Ban, Natsuyo

And then a couple I can't work out/find:
Prop Design: 北田勝彦
Compilation: 浜宇津妙子 (I know they worked on GiTS SAC 2nd Gig as a Compilation Assistant but can't find the reading for the kanji)

lukado 2007-04-05 08:45

Wow, cycling anime. Sounds cool to me.

NeoSam 2007-04-05 10:04

Since I'm not reading the manga, and I'm not sure if I'll watch the anime unless the following question is answered with yes (lol)

Spoiler:

Can someone who has read the manga answer the above question please >.<

lukado 2007-04-05 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam (Post 890221)
Since I'm not reading the manga, and I'm not sure if I'll watch the anime unless the following question is answered with yes (lol)

Spoiler:

Can someone who has read the manga answer the above question please >.<

Spoiler:

TougeSil80 2007-04-07 14:47

Watched ep.1, this is pretty good. Kinda like a cycling version of Capeta.

sangofe 2007-04-08 05:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by TougeSil80 (Post 893281)
Watched ep.1, this is pretty good. Kinda like a cycling version of Capeta.

I'd say it gives me more Eyeshield vibes than Capeta, really.

Edit:
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=5072
Over Drive's schudled for 26 eps only? Hooray, in that case! (Long sports anime tend to get boring)

leongsh 2007-04-08 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by sangofe (Post 894156)
I'd say it gives me more Eyeshield vibes than Capeta, really.

From what I have seen of the manga, it's going to be more like Capeta than Eyeshield 21. There is some and limited humour in the Over Drive manga and I didn't notice any slapstick humour like there is in the Eyeshield 21 manga. The cycling racing action depicted in the manga is somewhat akin to the kart racing action in Capeta. So, here's hoping that they pull off the cycling racing action to stunning effect like what happened with the kart and Formula racing action in Capeta.

Grv 2007-04-09 06:08

I have to say I'm very happy with the manga, furigana on all kanji, so even I can read it :D (sort of)

Couple more cast members:
Shiho Hisajima as Maki Kurata
Youko Honda as Yukiko Suzuki

hi no ken Jebus 2007-04-11 06:52

Spoiler for ep 2:

Grv 2007-04-11 19:30

Episode 2 RAW can be found where such things can be found :o

ScR3WiEuS 2007-04-13 21:33

mendoi CLAIMS

totalnet 2007-04-14 16:04

Another sport anime this series reminds me of is Suzuka. Hey you even got the main character reminds the main female character of another older? male character.

Anyway, looks like an interesting and funny series.

Koroku 2007-04-14 18:38

anfs has subbed ep1...

And I've been torrenting the manga raws for those that know where to look. :P Hehe @ Grv for our little conversation on tosho

iwubanime 2007-04-15 00:30

wow that was a fun first episode...

although i felt really bad for mikoto... he is pretty pathetic right now, i do get the idea that he will progress to being a much more respectable guy later

as long as they keep up a good balance between cycling and other stuff i will be happy