AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Naruto Movie 3 Discussion / poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=46684)

Medalist 2007-04-29 13:24

Naruto Movie 3 Discussion / poll
 
Welcome to the Naruto Movie 3 Discussion thread.
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no spoilers of events in any PART of the movie that leads to outside the topic discussion.That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.


Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gif if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

Rahan 2007-04-29 14:29

Heard it was crap. Still downloading it to check it out with my own eyes. After all, I am the one who enjoyed the first 2 movies.

Sasuke_Bateman 2007-04-29 14:36

:heh: Does Sasuke make a guess appearance?

mist2123 2007-04-29 15:36

its out And its godamn cool

Medalist 2007-04-29 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman (Post 925433)
:heh: Does Sasuke make a guess appearance?

Nope since this happens during the "filler", Sasuke is still off with Orochimaru, and has nothing to do with, the movie.

I thought there was only a few main action scenes in this movie...but it's worth watching atleast.

Sasuke_Bateman 2007-04-29 15:42

I see i'll have to check it out then i guess.

Mashimaro 2007-04-29 16:37

As usual.. I only enjoyed one part in the movie where naruto loses it.

mist2123 2007-04-29 16:44

Every one like it when he loses it , the part where he pwnes people

Azure King 2007-04-29 16:47

Just finish watching it, i have to say that i snozze off abit .. it was just like watching fillers over again .

Animation -
In parts of the movie the animation style is similar to those in the 2 year fillers.

Storyline -
OMG i guess over 80% of the story and whats going to happen next, i guess that could be the reason why i nearly fell asleep.

Music -
Nothing really stands out, abit of dramatic music around the end.

Overall -
Naruto Movie 1 in terms of all three is still the best movie so far.

Medalist 2007-04-29 17:15

Kakashi w/ Sharingan fighting those lil patrols was best action scene.\

However I did like that Rent-A-Cop's 22min and 14 seconds of fame til he turned to stone :(

Rahan 2007-04-29 18:29

Just finished watching it. It's the most Naruto-ish movie in its theme (too bad the "this is my way of the ninja" has been completely forgotten by both Kishi and the anime crew), but also the weakest. The other kid is nowhere as annoying as the kid from that filler episode with almost the same scenario.
Surprised at how weak they made Kakashi look though.

I like the ED theme as well. I am happy to have heard the good old Naruto Main Theme as well. 2 months since last time I heard it. I was starting to miss it. The summer outfits were pretty bad.

Mousee 2007-04-29 18:40

I'd have to say, of the other 2 naruto movies, this one was by far the worst. I'd rather have them put out 20 more filler episodes, than put out more crap like this.
Naruto goes off into his 'rage mode' (or uber mode, whatever you wanna call it) WAY too easily, and Kakashi is not only weak and somewhat useless, but they seem to have made him extremely dumb as well.
The movie would have been decent if they'd just left it at Naruto & Crew getting the prince and his son back home, a little sob scene where they part, and end it there.

My only non-complaint about this one, is that they actually made Sakura rather useful, and they've showed that she's actually learned something in her training (rather than just being completely useless as in the past).

I'm looking forward to a Naruto Shippuuden movie now. Don't think I'll bother with any more of these garbage "filler" movies.

Medalist 2007-04-29 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousee (Post 925688)
I'd have to say, of the other 2 naruto movies, this one was by far the worst. I'd rather have them put out 20 more filler episodes, than put out more crap like this.
Naruto goes off into his 'rage mode' (or uber mode, whatever you wanna call it) WAY too easily, and Kakashi is not only weak and somewhat useless, but they seem to have made him extremely dumb as well.
The movie would have been decent if they'd just left it at Naruto & Crew getting the prince and his son back home, a little sob scene where they part, and end it there.

My only non-complaint about this one, is that they actually made Sakura rather useful, and they've showed that she's actually learned something in her training (rather than just being completely useless as in the past).

I'm looking forward to a Naruto Shippuuden movie now. Don't think I'll bother with any more of these garbage "filler" movies.

You say it's a garbage filler movie only because:

A. It ended up ( DVD coming out ) and getting subbed after Shippuden came
and
B. If you were a manga-only reader it would seek your interest more than some garbage filler movie

---------------------------------

Hardly any action.

Though despite that everyone put in their contribution.

But I thought that the plot of it was extremely undeveloped and could've been put into a dead-end filler episode or short filler arc rather than be put out as a movie.

KingN0thing 2007-04-29 20:04

Guys i am reading this forum since a long time ago always looking for some new information about Naruto which i once called my definite favorite anime.

I am sorry but i just can`t understand what happended to Naruto. Of course i know the fact that the movies are out of the regular story line but for me it fits perfectly in the feeling that the 1000 of filler episodes left behind.

Maybe the intention of this movie was to give the young audience somethin to enjoy i dont know but for me it was by far the worst of all 3 movies.

Souten no Seigyoku 2007-04-29 20:05

this was a double post. sry

Souten no Seigyoku 2007-04-29 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure King (Post 925583)
Just finish watching it, i have to say that i snozze off abit .. it was just like watching fillers over again .

Animation -
In parts of the movie the animation style is similar to those in the 2 year fillers.

Storyline -
OMG i guess over 80% of the story and whats going to happen next, i guess that could be the reason why i nearly fell asleep.

Music -
Nothing really stands out, abit of dramatic music around the end.

Overall -
Naruto Movie 1 in terms of all three is still the best movie so far.

Ditto on pretty much everything. Especially the fact that the animation style is like the fillers. If you check time stamp 37:07, youll see the animation is just like filler animation. I guess thats why the movie didnt do so well in theatres. It reminded people of the hated fillers.

Yhamm 2007-04-29 20:11

aw, this movie is just a long filler

first half hour is so boring. really nothing happens, just some crap with the circus. the kid is as annoying as all other brats naruto met before.
2nd half hour shows a really weak Kakashi. What happened to him? he fought so bad against the army. lol, he even used sharingan for that! and later against the 3 ninjas, he let the captain die and then did'nt even hit his chidori :/
the end is no surprise either

ah well, good thing was to see sakura. she did good progress in healing and already have a good punch :D

anyone noticed how the eye on the gaunt was just like sauron's eye in lotr? :)

Mousee 2007-04-29 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uchikatsu (Post 925691)
You say it's a garbage filler movie only because:

A. It ended up ( DVD coming out ) and getting subbed after Shippuden came
and
B. If you were a manga-only reader it would seek your interest more than some garbage filler movie

Addressing 'B' first...
If I was a manga-only reader, then obviously I would only be reading the manga and wouldn't bother with this movie. So your logic is flawed.
Unless manga-only means "manga-only and the movies"?
But then you should have said that before ;)

As for A...
I don't really see how it coming out after or even if it came out before Shippuuden has anything to do with it. Considering it DID come out after Shippuuden, then it's fair game to compare them.
But I'll give you that. Let's put Shippuuden to the side for now. How was this movie not crappy compared to the other 2 movies and the series leading up to and before Shippuuden?
I'll explain...

The movie is a "filler" (notice the quotes?) movie because it gets us no where (Naruto & crew gain *nothing*, unlike previous movies) and is inconsistent with the rest of the series (and the other movies really). To say it's an actual filler movie, would certainly be going overboard or incorrect, as in most of the fillers I recall them actually being semi-consistent with what we'd already built up to in the characterizations thus far. Like Naruto being unable to unleash his ultimate power unless he was facing ultimate death (and we usually see him at the Gate, etc etc), Kakashi not using Sharingan for completely pointless things, but in this movie he doesn't use it when he's fighting an unknown, powerful opponent.

It just really doesn't add-up. And thus it's *like* one of the filler episodes, where Naruto and/or the gang don't really ever gain anything major. I felt in the previous 2 movies, they had at least learned a new lesson or gained a better understanding of their opponents. In this one... what did they learn or gain? A friendship? Unless their going to use that way later in the series or in another movie, I find it hard to buy.


So I'm not really sure what it coming out before or after Shippuuden has anything to do with the above points, or how I would look at it any different if I was a "manga-only" reader. Please clarify.

Medalist 2007-04-29 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku (Post 925753)
Ditto on pretty much everything. Especially the fact that the animation style is like the fillers. If you check time stamp 37:07, youll see the animation is just like filler animation. I guess thats why the movie didnt do so well in theatres. It reminded people of the hated fillers.


THis movie was a filler by default since , it's setting takes place during the filler.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Yhamm
aw, this movie is just a long filler

first half hour is so boring. really nothing happens, just some crap with the circus. the kid is as annoying as all other brats naruto met before.
2nd half hour shows a really weak Kakashi. What happened to him? he fought so bad against the army. lol, he even used sharingan for that! and later against the 3 ninjas, he let the captain die and then did'nt even hit his chidori :/
the end is no surprise either

ah well, good thing was to see sakura. she did good progress in healing and already have a good punch

anyone noticed how the eye on the gaunt was just like sauron's eye in lotr?

again...this movie took place during filler...He hit with his chidori...just not as effective as usual...

ANd another movie ending with the corny rasengan yes i know...Naruto Movie 1 and 2 sucked equally as bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousee
Addressing 'B' first...
If I was a manga-only reader, then obviously I would only be reading the manga and wouldn't bother with this movie. So your logic is flawed.
Unless manga-only means "manga-only and the movies"?
But then you should have said that before

As for A...
I don't really see how it coming out after or even if it came out before Shippuuden has anything to do with it. Considering it DID come out after Shippuuden, then it's fair game to compare them.
But I'll give you that. Let's put Shippuuden to the side for now. How was this movie not crappy compared to the other 2 movies and the series leading up to and before Shippuuden?
I'll explain...

The movie is a "filler" (notice the quotes?) movie because it gets us no where (Naruto & crew gain *nothing*, unlike previous movies) and is inconsistent with the rest of the series (and the other movies really). To say it's an actual filler movie, would certainly be going overboard or incorrect, as in most of the fillers I recall them actually being semi-consistent with what we'd already built up to in the characterizations thus far. Like Naruto being unable to unleash his ultimate power unless he was facing ultimate death (and we usually see him at the Gate, etc etc), Kakashi not using Sharingan for completely pointless things, but in this movie he doesn't use it when he's fighting an unknown, powerful opponent.

It just really doesn't add-up. And thus it's *like* one of the filler episodes, where Naruto and/or the gang don't really ever gain anything major. I felt in the previous 2 movies, they had at least learned a new lesson or gained a better understanding of their opponents. In this one... what did they learn or gain? A friendship? Unless their going to use that way later in the series or in another movie, I find it hard to buy.


So I'm not really sure what it coming out before or after Shippuuden has anything to do with the above points, or how I would look at it any different if I was a "manga-only" reader. Please clarify.

If you are a manga reader doesn't hurt to watch the movie.

The Naruto Movie 3 came out technically before Shippuden since it was in theaters months prior kthxbye

Mousee 2007-04-29 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uchikatsu (Post 925778)
If you are a manga reader doesn't hurt to watch the movie.

The Naruto Movie 3 came out technically before Shippuden since it was in theaters months prior kthxbye

You clearly have difficulty reading. I'm not going to argue with someone who can't even remember what they posted in the first place. kthxbye indeed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.