AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Code Geass (both seasons) licensed by Bandai Entertainment (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=51491)

xris 2007-07-21 14:52

Code Geass (both seasons) licensed by Bandai Entertainment

Bandai Entertainment have announced the license for Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion at Otakon 2007. See ANN for more details. At this point in time we are assuming that both the TV series (episodes 1 to 25) and the Picture Book DVD Extras are licensed.

Update: As confirmed at Anime Boston 2008, this license includes the second season ("R2"), the manga series, and the light novel series.

Feel free to discuss the topic in this thread. And as usual, any discussion about where to download Code Geass anime is no longer allowed.

Blue_Mercy 2007-07-21 15:02

As usual, any time a series gets incredibly popular it's asking to be licensed. Since Code Geass is licensed does that mean that any episodes in the second season will already be licensed as well?

Elor_Nocudee 2007-07-21 15:05

Sweet :D, i wonder how long will it take before i can get my hands on those region 1 DVD's...

man i hope the english dub is good (don't let me down Bandai)

FireChick 2007-07-21 15:25

I KNEW IT!! I sooooooo knew it! I knew Bandai Entertainment was gonna get Code Geass just like how I knew (well almost everybody actually) FUNimation got Ouran! And I was right! Woohoo! Since my chinese zodiac is rooster, I'm partially right at almost anything! Sorry about that.

Shiroth 2007-07-21 16:07

Of course we all knew this was going to happen --- i'm just happen that its happened already.

Tokkan 2007-07-21 17:59

Code Geass being picked up by Bandai was the most obvious announcement ever. There was already blatant hints they had it (Pizza Hut appearing in promotions of other shows that Bandai has the rights to). The fact it's getting a TV airing is also a given, but I'm not sure how they're going to handle it.

Malintex_Terek 2007-07-21 18:03

In before,

Post-production: Bang Zoom! Entertainment
Lelouch Lamperouge - Crispin Freeman
C.C. - Wendee Lee
Kallen Stadtfelt - Stephanie Sheh
Suzaku Kururugi - Johnny Yong Bosch
RIVALZ - Yuri Lowenthal
Diethard Ried - Michael McConnohie
Jeremiah Gottwald - Steven J. Blum

But I kid (hopefully!) - Ocean Studios might very well get this and we'll have a very non-predictable cast. Here's hoping Geass doesn't go the road of Gundam SEED in the ELC and follows (perhaps, overshadows?) the upcoming Death Note.

Tokkan 2007-07-21 18:06

... it's already confirmed ZRO Limit/Animaze (same people who did Cowboy Bebop's dub) are producing the dub. Same voice pool as Bang Zoom, but different direction style.

FireChick 2007-07-21 18:28

I made english voice actor predictions too (Shounen Onmyouji, Air, Code Geass)! Nice predictions though.

QBnoYouko 2007-07-21 18:39

Grand news, indeed. I didn't know they about the Pizza Hut hints though. Though I wonder if there will be future Pizza Hut promotions in the future.

guiltygearxt 2007-07-21 19:50

just hope Bandai doesnt ruin it since ive never watched their products

Ansa 2007-07-21 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 1053708)
In before,

Lelouch Lamperouge - Crispin Freeman

As much as I love Crispin Freeman as a VA his voice sounds far to deep to do lulu, although I think he could pull off Zero perfectly.

Whitemoon648 2007-07-21 21:22

I have their whole Gundam seed series set. Their collector edition is preaty cool. As for their Dub, I liked how it was done. I personally liked Cagali's voice dubbed better than the sub. But in terms of video quality its perfect.
Hopefully code geass will turn out as good. I am definitly going to buy it as it is in my Top 5 anime.

-Breakthrough- 2007-07-21 21:25

Great news and of course, expected from Bandai in my view.

Whitemoon648 2007-07-21 21:28

-Post edited-

JagdPanther 2007-07-21 21:29

Oh, fabulous. >_> Well, guess some of us gonna be waitin' a long time for episodes 24 and 25.

Supersonic 2007-07-21 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy (Post 1053481)
As usual, any time a series gets incredibly popular it's asking to be licensed. Since Code Geass is licensed does that mean that any episodes in the second season will already be licensed as well?

Any answer you will receive will be nothing but speculation at this point.

QBnoYouko 2007-07-21 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansa (Post 1053895)
As much as I love Crispin Freeman as a VA his voice sounds far to deep to do lulu, although I think he could pull off Zero perfectly.

He could be Jeremiah! I was thinking Steve Blum could be Diethard, his voice is just as deep. And Bridget Hoffman makes a great Shirley IMO.

Leo_Otaku 2007-07-22 00:05

sequal does that mean there is going to be a second series? They mention it as a stand alone....

[DOT].L 2007-07-22 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by QBnoYouko (Post 1053754)
Grand news, indeed. I didn't know they about the Pizza Hut hints though. Though I wonder if there will be future Pizza Hut promotions in the future.

Aye, what will become of those Pizzahut ads is indeed a matter of grave concern.:eyespin: