AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Music (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anime orchestra events? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=51842)

-KarumA- 2007-07-28 15:29

Anime orchestra events?
 
i was wondering, after watching BBC's Night of the prom 2007, huge orchestra playing various themes from movies old and modern

are there any orchestra events like that in Japan, like where they play in this case anime music live in front of a large crowd?

Shiroth 2007-07-28 15:41

Many Composers end up doing live concerts --- Yoko Kanno bring the main one that comes to mind.

-KarumA- 2007-07-28 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1065171)
Many Composers end up doing live concerts --- Yoko Kanno bring the main one that comes to mind.

yes that i know off that excists but how about one huge oncert with music from different composers etc. :)

theDarkHorse 2007-07-28 18:14

I'm not sure if the Eminence Symphony Orchestra plays in Japan...

Yes they do! http://www.eminenceonline.com

They played at Otakon too.

-KarumA- 2007-07-29 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by theDarkHorse (Post 1065374)
I'm not sure if the Eminence Symphony Orchestra plays in Japan...

Yes they do! http://www.eminenceonline.com

They played at Otakon too.

wicked thanks! :)

theDarkHorse 2007-07-29 06:35

My bad. Didn't realise they'd sold out for their performance in July. If only you'd asked a month earlier...

I'm sure they'll come around sometime again soon.

edit: wait, live? o.O second my bad. I'm not sure then.

-KarumA- 2007-07-29 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by theDarkHorse (Post 1066303)
My bad. Didn't realise they'd sold out for their performance in July. If only you'd asked a month earlier...

I'm sure they'll come around sometime again soon.

edit: wait, live? o.O second my bad. I'm not sure then.

np this was surely close :)
there's always net year

Kenn 2007-08-08 16:13

There was the Nodame Orchestra a few months back playing the live concert during the Golden Week. Wish I was there. They didn't do too great a job, but it still would've been a nice experience xD


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.