AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku - References Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=52344)

Pellissier 2007-08-05 02:34

Hayate no Gotoku - References Discussion
 
This thread is meant to discuss (and why not, list) all the references, jokes, *beeps*, shiritori and whatsoever, provided us by Hayate no Gotoku

To get the ball rolling, HERE you can find an almost complete listing of HnG's references. Credits to Telliamed for the site (and thanks to Fruitfly for telling me! :) )

Thread Guidelines:

- Be polite with your fellow members
- Don't go off-topic. This thread is about references or alikes, if you need to discuss events from the episodes, please use the episode threads.
- Have fun :)

Fruitfly 2007-08-05 10:04

Here's one I missed from episode 17
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8...foodjm1.th.jpg
Devil Fruit on the right from One Piece. Maybe the meat that Luffy eats in the middle.
But not sure what that poka dot stick is.

CrowKenobi 2007-08-05 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitfly (Post 1079056)
Here's one I missed from episode 17
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8...foodjm1.th.jpg
Devil Fruit on the right from One Piece. Maybe the meat that Luffy eats in the middle.
But not sure what that poka dot stick is.

Of course that mushroom in the back has to be from Super Mario Brothers. :D

:cool:

Telliamed 2007-08-06 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by garra113 (Post 1072861)
Well anyway I am pretty sure that is a PS2 cause AFAIK, XBOX360 don't have that kinda slot for earphone and I am pretty sure that the producers would still stick with things for SONY other then Microsoft so.... its pretty much a PS2 O.o

I still think it's an xbox based on size and the controller. The headset may just be creative license. The console on the other side is probably a PS[2|3] and makes more sense to have one of each.

Fruitfly 2007-08-06 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telliamed (Post 1081319)
I still think it's an xbox based on size and the controller. The headset may just be creative license. The console on the other side is probably a PS[2|3] and makes more sense to have one of each.

I never owned a xbox, but both of them were standing on their side and I thought only playstations could do that (other than the wii). Heh I also missed all those gameboys, DSes, and maybe that big one is a sega genesis on top of a sega CD.

anselfir 2007-08-07 15:06

Jet Strxxm Attack!

I fking lol'd

S_K 2007-08-07 15:11

In episode 19
At 20:52, is that supposed to be Kaoru and Himura, from Rurouni kenshin?

Fruitfly 2007-08-07 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_K (Post 1082955)
In episode 19
At 20:52, is that supposed to be Kaoru and Himura, from Rurouni kenshin?

Looks like it. nice find

I think this is Saki's new phone
http://www.au.kddi.com/english/produ...1ca/index.html
Available in pink, white, and black.

S_K 2007-08-07 17:35

I don't know if anyone caught this but who was that girl hiding in some well at 15:26, the scene goes by really fast :heh: I posted in the episode 19 thread but just wondering if it was a reference

garra113 2007-08-07 18:48

Could be an animated verison of Sadako but I place my bets on Izumi due to the similar look and how she can be lost ANYWHERE

Fruitfly 2007-08-07 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by anselfir (Post 1082946)
Jet Strxxm Attack!

I fking lol'd

It seems they didn't just reference it, they parodied the whole thing


also, if anyone noticed the security robots got upgraded to 9801 from 8801 that was in episode 6

garra113 2007-08-07 19:25

Whoa. Your right.... Ty for find. Must be very old gundamn anime lolz.

Fruitfly 2007-08-07 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garra113 (Post 1083341)
Whoa. Your right.... Ty for find. Must be very old gundamn anime lolz.

yeah I think it's Mobile Suit Gundam, the first one so it's a 1979 anime.

garra113 2007-08-07 20:30

... Wait 1979?... Holy shyt. Either the producers must haved found this coincidently in their old archives, OR they must be gundam manias since they are using a scene from so long ago O.o.

anselfir 2007-08-07 23:37

since msg started gundam, it is a pretty famous gundam, dont you think

Fruitfly 2007-08-09 10:00

Somehow, I managed to get a few episodes of Ranma and one of the episodes reminded me of the scene in episode 11 when Hayate fights Gilbert.

It was the episode when Ranma fights Kuno when he gets pictures of him and Akane. Kuno is the one with the kendo sword and Ranma just dodges it. In the end, Ranma finishes him with a kick. Akane's lines is "Hey watch in front of you" or something like that which was Nagi's lines and Ranma was distracted by something like how Hayate was dreaming about Nagi being poor.

Telliamed 2007-08-09 18:42

Funny, I thought Rei's mask was supposed to be that guy from Gundam Seed, but someone at Omni reminded me of Kamen no Maid Guy. I guess that makes more sense.

Anyone else notice that Rei was using Conan's voice-changing bow tie? (And, apparently, Conan himself is the culprit.) Other detectives in the room are Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, and Kindaichi Kosuke. I think there's one more I'm forgetting.

The dancing cockroaches were rather bizarre, I must say.

Fruitfly 2007-08-09 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telliamed (Post 1087071)
Anyone else notice that Rei was using Conan's voice-changing bow tie? (And, apparently, Conan himself is the culprit.) Other detectives in the room are Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, and Kindaichi Kosuke. I think there's one more I'm forgetting.

wow I didn't noticed the bowtie or about Hercule Poirot and Kindaichi Kosuke
I believe the missing one is Kaitou Kid :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telliamed (Post 1087071)
The dancing cockroaches were rather bizarre, I must say.

They were doing the peace sign too. It's been absent for a while.

USB500 2007-08-09 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telliamed (Post 1087071)
Funny, I thought Rei's mask was supposed to be that guy from Gundam Seed, but someone at Omni reminded me of Kamen no Maid Guy. I guess that makes more sense.

Anyone else notice that Rei was using Conan's voice-changing bow tie? (And, apparently, Conan himself is the culprit.) Other detectives in the room are Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, and Kindaichi Kosuke. I think there's one more I'm forgetting..

Yeah, I noticed the fictional detectives, too. And the voice-changing bow tie scene FTW :D

some references that may not be so obvious:
Spoiler for just in case:

JokerD 2007-08-10 08:29

From the opening, 3 shadow which Hayate fights, seems like the Ideon, Gundam (orginal) and the Big O (or something)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.