AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Genshiken 2nd Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=53748)

Kouji 2007-08-29 11:25

Genshiken 2nd Series
 
Media Blasters have announced the license for the second series of Genshiken at the 2007 New York Anime Festival.

Genshiken was produced by MFI, therefore we didn't list fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is licensed, the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Genshiken downloads or torrents.
  • Providing links to Genshiken downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Genshiken fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Genshiken.
  • Asking for playback help for Genshiken episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)




Edgewalker 2007-08-30 13:43

first holic now this ?

Nice to see unappreciated series getting continuations.

xris 2007-08-30 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 1123301)
there's already a thread on this here
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ight=Genshiken

Isn't that for the Genshiken OVA (sometimes called episodes 13-15). This thread is for the Genshiken second TV series.

In addition, isn't Genshiken a MFI production (Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works).

White Manju Bun 2007-08-30 17:33

Ah yeah my mistake XD I deleted my org post

Kaoru Chujo 2007-09-11 21:44

Does anyone know the significance of the change of animation companies? The first series was by Palm Studio, the OVA by Asiadou, and this series is by Feel. I'm happy to see Mizuhashi Kaori join the cast. We also have a new director, Yoshimoto Kinji. This appears to be his first mainstream show, after having directed several hentai titles (Natural Obsessions, Night Shift Nurses: Experiment, et al.) Fortunately, lead writer Yokote Michiko has been there through all three productions.

Shiroth 2007-09-12 07:44

Its going to be interesting to see how Yuko Goto plays Sue. Being a character that doesn't say much, but when she does.. you know it.

Can't wait for this~

ZonerZ 2007-09-12 10:32

Hi, i'm new in here, but i would like to tell that the promo of Genshiken 2 has been released

Here

Bye!!

Kaoru Chujo 2007-09-12 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1143176)
Its going to be interesting to see how Yuko Goto plays Sue. Being a character that doesn't say much, but when she does.. you know it....

Gotuuza-sama has said she wants to play a character more like herself: masculine and forceful. Is this one of those?

Shiroth 2007-09-13 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 1144452)
Gotuuza-sama has said she wants to play a character more like herself: masculine and forceful. Is this one of those?

Kinda, though lets just say Sue is the same of character you need to see for yourself. Hearing someone else's sum-up would not work at all. You'll understand what i mean once you see her in action. :3

She's not like any character i've ever seen.

Zero Shinohara 2007-09-13 11:02

Quote:

Kinda, though lets just say Sue is the same of character you need to see for yourself. Hearing someone else's sum-up would not work at all. You'll understand what i mean once you see her in action. :3

She's not like any character i've ever seen.
Interesting! That's the type of thing I'd expect from Genshiken. Still, great news. Genshiken is really an enjoyable series and it deserves a second season for sure. Perhaps I'll start buying the Mangas someday soon.

Shiroth 2007-09-13 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara (Post 1145188)
Perhaps I'll start buying the Mangas someday soon.

Seeing as though there's a high chance second season shall cover everything until the end of the manga, there's no rush in doing so.

Though i hope you at least check it out sometime. There's a lot in the manga thats missed out, especially the 'a few moments after' 4-koma shorts.

Zero Shinohara 2007-09-13 13:05

Quote:

Seeing as though there's a high chance second season shall cover everything until the end of the manga, there's no rush in doing so.

Though i hope you at least check it out sometime. There's a lot in the manga thats missed out, especially the 'a few moments after' 4-koma shorts.
I see, I see. And yeah, the reason I actually never bought the Manga is because, from what I saw, most of the story in the manga was really consistent with the story in the anime, so I didn't really see the need to get it. I usually buy the mangas after watching the anime because, in most cases, there're lots of stuff not covered, and since I have quite a short budget for Anime, I don't buy what I don't need. :heh:

Bankai29 2007-10-09 14:02

It looks like the 1st ep raw is out... woot~~~

hi no ken Jebus 2007-10-09 14:11

Spoiler for ep1:

Shiroth 2007-10-09 14:51

The way things are going, we're gonna see
Spoiler:

serenade_beta 2007-10-09 20:03

Genshiken's back, same as ever.

It's good that everything is basically the same, though the ending changed.

MrProphet 2007-10-10 06:50

So, is it good fun like the TV series, or horrible crap like the OVA?

EDIT: To answer my own question, it appears to be a bit of both. Better than the OVA, but not better enough...

Shiroth 2007-10-10 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 1192904)
It's good that everything is basically the same, though the ending changed.

& a new OP next week.

Hazard 2007-10-10 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrProphet (Post 1193733)
So, is it good fun like the TV series, or horrible crap like the OVA?

I thought the OVA's were actually pretty good, especially the 1st one, though I did not like the different animation from the TV series at all.

Deathkillz 2007-10-10 14:18

Yea - the animation still isnt as good as the first series but thankgod its not OVA quality >.>

pretty interesting first ep i must say :) seems like there will be some competition in the next comifest :3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.