AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tech Support (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Can't Log in my Computer =( (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=53851)

Animexcel 2007-08-30 16:24

Can't Log in my Computer =(

When the list of accounts show up, I'm able to move the arrow around, but I try clicking on the icon to log in and it doesn't do it. This started when my computer froze and I forced to shut it down. Can somebody help?

Gundam Zero Force 2007-08-30 16:36

oh dear . . .that doesn't look good :uhoh:

I seems like something in the sytem user is corrupted or messed up. On my old pc I had a similar issues with freezing. While I was able to fix the issue I had to create a new account and transfer all my stuff over to get everything back to normal.

When you computer starts you shoud try and press F1 and see if you can fix the solution in there. I remember doing that a few times. Someone with more knowledge in that area could be of more help.

TakutoKun 2007-08-30 17:08

That does not look right at all. Have you tried logging in through Safe Mode? (Press F5 during Startup)

Ledgem 2007-08-30 18:32

Thanks for including the video. As matradley suggested, try logging in via Safe Mode. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend repairing your Windows install. The procedure to do this is roughly as follows:

Insert your Windows XP CD (if you're using a Dell or some such thing, it may be called a Factory/SYstem Restore CD)
Proceed through the Windows Installer. When it brings you to a screen asking where to install, select your Windows XP partition (this may be the only selectable option if you only have a single hard drive and have not partitioned it), and then press "r" to repair the install.

Repairing the install won't touch your files. Unlike doing a full reinstall, you shouldn't need to reinstall any programs, either.

If you have a system restore disc, be careful. Some of them won't let you access the Windows installer as usual, but will insist on formatting your computer (deleting everything) and setting it up as it was when you first bought it. If it's going to do this, it may be written on the disc, but for certain it should prompt you when it first loads up. Don't do it if that's the case. Instead, find someone with a Windows XP CD that you can borrow.

WanderingKnight 2007-08-30 19:26

Quote:

That does not look right at all. Have you tried logging in through Safe Mode? (Press F5 during Startup)
Isn't it F8?

jpwong 2007-08-30 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingKnight (Post 1123534)
Isn't it F8?

It can be both, F5 is sometimes mapped as just the Safe Mode button, whereas F8 will bring up the selection menu so that you can get all available options such as Safe Mode w/Network, or Command Prompt, or DSM, etc.

teachopvutru 2007-08-31 05:24

Actually, before any of that, why not see first if the button on your mice is not broken? (probably not likely, but still... unless you already did check)

TakutoKun 2007-08-31 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledgem (Post 1123461)
Thanks for including the video. As matradley suggested, try logging in via Safe Mode. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend repairing your Windows install. The procedure to do this is roughly as follows:

Insert your Windows XP CD (if you're using a Dell or some such thing, it may be called a Factory/SYstem Restore CD)
Proceed through the Windows Installer. When it brings you to a screen asking where to install, select your Windows XP partition (this may be the only selectable option if you only have a single hard drive and have not partitioned it), and then press "r" to repair the install.

Repairing the install won't touch your files. Unlike doing a full reinstall, you shouldn't need to reinstall any programs, either.

If you have a system restore disc, be careful. Some of them won't let you access the Windows installer as usual, but will insist on formatting your computer (deleting everything) and setting it up as it was when you first bought it. If it's going to do this, it may be written on the disc, but for certain it should prompt you when it first loads up. Don't do it if that's the case. Instead, find someone with a Windows XP CD that you can borrow.

Very good answer. I support this answer too. It is called "Install in-place."

muyg 2007-08-31 15:11

You can try the following at the login screen: Use the Ctrl+Alt+Del combo twice. I know in the XP Pro this should bring you to the classic login. If that does work, then do in place install like the others mentioned.

arcadeplayer987 2007-08-31 16:06

Repaire the windows with a cd-boot