Your Top 5 Favourite animes of all time PLEASE!!
Hi! I'm pretty new to the anime world as I basically started watching anime last year (which I've been told was a damn good year (2006) to start). I'm looking for some really top-notch anime here. I'm talking like total master pieces in your opinion. I'm hoping to cash in some of your suggestions so please give reasons and try not to duplicate lists (If your anime has been suggested try to think of a second best if you can but please don't feel obliged to in any way if you don't want to). And the anime list does not have to be in any particular order. Also the anime's can be of ANY genre! One more thing, please try not to spoil too much!OK, so I'll get things started.
1. Haibane Renmei -Just a fantastic work of art and storytelling with an amazing ending to boot!
2. Mushishi- Well the art and story just absolutely blew me away in every single episode. I just don't know what else to say, it's just AWESOME!
3. Fate/Stay Night- Well this is where my anime obsession started. Before I knew it I was already so attached to the characters and story. And the ending was VERY fitting.
4. Zegapain- One of the more original mecha animes I've seen. The story was great, the characters were very engaging and the soundtrack was just perfect for setting the right mood and tone in the story.
5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya- What can I say. Just the single most entertaining thing I've seen in all my life. It was smart, funny, suspenseful and all around fun!
There's lots of these threads around... but, eh. I'll say my bit.
I can't rate anime in a simple 'top X' type list, as I tend to categorise stuff by genre. I suppose if I took the top of each of my genre lists that might be a place to start, but I don't think it's that simple, since to me, some genres just don't compare to others, so my top few in one might not compare to even a #10 in another.
But, having said that... I suppose my most favourites list would be something along the lines of:
PlanetES for sci-fi
Hikaru no Go for sport
Shinobuden, Yakitate Japan and School Rumble all tie for pure, unadulterated insane comedy.
Full Metal Panic for mecha, with comedy/action elements.
Mushishi for a slightly 'historical' viewpoint. Well, historical is the wrong term. But those who've seen and enjoyed it know what I mean. It stands in a genre if its own, IMO.
But, ask me again tomorrow and the list would change... so. Yeah. I'm not good at this kind of thing. >.<
Of all the ones you've listed, I've watched and loved all of them except Zegapain... haven't seen it, so can't comment. FSN is the best eroge convert I've ever seen, Haibane Renmei was just beautiful, and Haruhi was the best comedy of 2006.
1) Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: This is a beautiful romance/drama that just blew me away even after the 2093874th time watching it. Although I don't approve of most romance triangles, this one is just perfect. This is a hit or miss for many people.
2) Cardcaptor Sakura (subbed): I enjoyed this anime very much since it has a good mix of romance, comedy, and action. Lots of people shared my views but many also think of it as too childish even though they will admit that it's a classic, so it's basically another hit or miss.
3) Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal: This is probably the best mix of action and romance ever and words cannot describe how good this anime is. Unlike the others on my top 5 list, most people love this anime and I don't really know anyone who hates it.
4) Haibane Renmei: You've already seen it so you know how wonderful it is, although it is also a bad case of hit or miss. People who understands it loves it and people who don't thinks of it as being kinda pointless.
5) SaiKano: This is a very emotional anime portraying the realism of war and it is one of the only anime that could make me teary.
1: FullMetal Alchemist
2: Hikaru No Go
3: Gundam SEED / Destiny
#5 - Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit) - I've always loved boxing! Boxing and then some.
#4 - You're Under Arrest - Miyuki Kobayakawa has always been my favorite female character in the anime world, and nothing will change that, not even a moe' character. Nice story to say the least. Find the sequel too.
#3 - Gundam Wing - I love the action and the storyline there, unlike GSD. You'll like Endless Waltz too.
#2 - Cromartie High School - LAUGHTRIP! The funniest of all comedy anime I watched. Prepare to see stupid delinquents, aliens, robots, a gorilla, and (drumroll please) FREDDIE MERCURY!
#1 - Wolf's Rain - great plot, great characters (:bow: KIBA!), great music, great action! Promise, you'll love the boys and Blue there.
Anywho, keeps these lists going, some of these sound really awesome and I'm looking to give a few of these a try!
1. One Piece (japanese subbed ONLY)
2. DragonBall Z (must-see)
4. Love Hina
5. Full Metal Alchemist
6. Bleach (good once it reaches ep. 10, TRUST ME)
7. Death Note (Must-see)
9. Lucky Star (hilarious)
10. Azumanga Daioh (even more hilarious, one of my favourites)
I can't recommend any more really, I haven't watched many apart from One Piece, which you will love, everybody does!
That reminds me, only watch Cardcaptor Sakura subbed unless you want to be in pain.
In no particular order, Higurashi no Naku koro ni, death note, monster (you can see a pattern here :P), cowboy bebop.
For the fifth place i am not sure. Something between Kanon, School Rumble, Samurai Champloo, GitS, Kenshin OVAs.
1) Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen
2) Gunslinger Girl
4) Hoshi no Koe
5) Pale Cocoon
1. Death Note
2. Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
3. Fullmetal Alchemist
1.The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
3.Chevalier D`eon(you may not agree,but i loved the historical Setting)
~Mahou Sensei Negima!
I have like a million favorites of manga and anime but this will do it
1- Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (most epic ever!)
2- Berserk (great story, action, blood ect...)
3- GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka (funniest I've ever seen)
4- Neon Genesis Evangelion
Meh, Hard pick... I'll do the ones i watched recently.
1. School Rumble (Funny, hilarous, and love the romance) (Can't wait til third season!!)
2. Seto no Hanayome (OMG LAUGHTER, so funny if u want some good laughs. Mostly it's just me that finds this funny though =D)
3. Hayate no Gotoku (Iono but i think i am easily amused, all the misunderstandings that happen make me laugh so much)
4. Yakitate Japan (EVen though it's about breadmaking, it is so hilarious. Reactions of eating the breads are the most outrageous i have ever seen.
5. Just because i saw this one recent, but Kino no Tabi (Not really interesting but like it's about a guy (actually a girl) journeying and talks about the countries he went, i found it interesting, not many do though)
As you can see i like comedy animes >.>
My top 5's been changing a lot recently...
1) Neon Genesis Evangelion - Anime that got me into anime...Amazing character development, three of the best characters to date...I could say a lot more, but I don't have the time...
2) School Rumble - Lol...funniest anime ever. Just thinking about the funny moments can make me laugh.
3) Code Geass - Just finished watching it and it totally blew me away. The main character(Lelouch) is one of my favorite male leads and the show really makes you think. Also C.C. is a pretty great character, unique personality too.
4) Major Season 1 - Great story about baseball. Though the beginning is a little fast paced, it develops the father-son relationship perfectly...along with their love of baseball.
5) Full Metal Panic
EDIT - Changed it after watching Code Geass...
Also - I also think Seto no Hanayome is hilarious (especially episode 20). After the its finished, it'll probably be on my top 10
Mine still hasn't shifted...
1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - The most fun show I've seen yet. I've seen some episodes nearly a dozen times, yet still find it enjoyable. Plus it introduced me to the novel series, which has been a very good read too.
2. Last Exile - One of my earliest favorites, I loved the chess metaphors and the fantastic world in the sky displayed in this show.
3. Azumanga Daioh - Quirky, fun, and never fails to make me smile. It's certainly not laugh-out-loud funny, but the consistant humor will likely remain dear to my heart.
4. Kanon 2006 - Never expected this to make my favorites list, but I was quite surprised by how good this was. I'm still dazzled by the snow and water animation effects. We'll see if Clannad can usurp this position.
5. Rozen Maiden - Another show that I never expected to enjoy until I actually saw it for myself. Blends drama and comedy well, although I think I liked the comedy more. That infamous "stair wars" episode about strawberry do-ra-ma shall never cease to make me laugh.
Kare Kano - Got me into anime
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal (though you should probably watch Rurouni Kenshin first)
Azumanga Daioh - fun
Cowboy Bebop - classic
Trigun - classic
Kare Kano count - 2
bet I'll end up recommending it in every post... even the unrelated ones
Wow these are some great lists! I've seen a lot of the animes recommended on the lists and I must agree that they defiantely belong here! Keep these lists coming though, I'm already writing down the names of the animes that seem to be getting such great attention. This list isn't just for me so keep it going!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:47.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.