AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Forum & Site Feedback (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spam Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5513)

testing123 2004-01-22 00:22

Spam Thread
 
A suggestion: The "Really Cheap Macs, PCs..." thread in the KimiNozo forum should have its subject deleted or edited, as the spammer's website is still listed there.

JustAnotherFan 2004-01-22 00:30

There is a "report post" link below every post. Use that.

NoSanninWa 2004-01-22 00:31

Or PM a moderator.

JAppi 2004-01-22 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Or PM a moderator.

Does the "report post" thing actually do anything?

NoSanninWa 2004-01-22 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAppi
Does the "report post" thing actually do anything?

Yes. But please only use it when something is important or you risk irritating us moderators.

Thany 2004-01-22 01:53

I think the report button must sort of PM all the moderators, so I think just PMing one about the subject is fine, I only do that personally ^^

Rama 2004-01-22 04:30

Hmm, we get a mail when someone reports a post..
Btw, that guy got banned already. 3 out of 3 posts where
spam :p

GHDpro 2004-01-22 07:44

When you use the report feature, this is what we get by email:

Quote:

StarCreator ( [email address removed] ) has reported this post:

The Following people
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?postid=

This is part of this thread:
The Following people
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?threadid=

This is the reason that the user gave:
Oh yeah, and ban the account too. Obviously made for the sole purpose of doing this post. Dumb people.

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable
Obviously if you use this feature to ask us for licensed anime, you're extra likely to be banned extra soon.

(note: since the thread above was particulary gross, I've crippled the links mentioned)

JAppi 2004-01-22 10:24

Does it send you this in a PM? I was just kinda curious as to how it would be different then a PM.

xris 2004-01-22 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAppi
Does it send you this in a PM? I was just kinda curious as to how it would be different then a PM.

No, as GHDpro said, this is what we receive by email.

It has has the advantage over a user sending a PM since all you need do (when using the 'Report' link) is provide a reason why you think the post needs attention. The URL of the thread and post is automatically supplied, as is the name of the person who sent the report.

So it's a lot easier to use the 'Report' link than sending a PM. And it is sent to more than one Mod so there is a better chance that it will get acted on.

AG3 2004-01-22 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
So it's a lot easier to use the 'Report' link than sending a PM. And it is sent to more than one Mod so there is a better chance that it will get acted on.

But though it's easier, the matter has to be more serious, doesn't it? As it's like a full-scale Red Alert, "this needs to be dealt with NOW!!", I mean.

When no Mod or Admin is on, and a thread that breaks the rules is discovered, who do you PM? Which Mod/Admin is likely to log on next? Is it better to simply ignore it than to use the "Report Post" in this situation? If the thread isn't all that bad? It's not like there's any point in rallying all the Mods and Admins just because someones asks where to download <insert name of licensed anime here>.

Vulkar 2004-01-22 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG3
But though it's easier, the matter has to be more serious, doesn't it? As it's like a full-scale Red Alert, "this needs to be dealt with NOW!!", I mean.

When no Mod or Admin is on, and a thread that breaks the rules is discovered, who do you PM? Which Mod/Admin is likely to log on next? Is it better to simply ignore it than to use the "Report Post" in this situation? If the thread isn't all that bad? It's not like there's any point in rallying all the Mods and Admins just because someones asks where to download <insert name of licensed anime here>.

I think a simple, "hey buddy we don't do licensed downloads here" posted in response to someone asking for Love Hina (for example) would good enough in that situation. Eventually a mod will close the thread.

Posting of links to licensed material and/or outrageous flaming would merit PM to a mod and...

If, someone was to do something profane, such as posting porn or links to porn then I think that would be a more valid situation to use report post.

Sound about right?

AG3 2004-01-23 02:56

I know, I was just listing the thought process for a hypothetical situation :)

My point was to tell Xris that he should to be careful with his choice of words, lest he and all the other Mods/Admins might possibly experience a sharp increase in the number of people using this "faster and easier" way to report any little deviance that occurs here. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.